BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jack Walker Upper

Hi,

I am thinking of starting A Jack Walker Upper Singing Section. We have plenty of folk up there who have voices in fine fettle, folk like 1864 Roverite, Paul, Den and Baz to name a few.

We are looking to congregate next to the posh bit in the middle and hang our blankets over the front of the stand. Waggy is welcome to join us; he will enjoy the 1st half singing that is directed towards BFS, we sing "4-4-2" and "BFS is a w@@ker" and sometimes "Sack the Board", "Beamo" and "Bring back Howard Kendall".

At the next game we plan to meet inside MacDonalds before the game and march down to the ground and blow whistles, trumpets and shake our rattles.

If any of the young runts in the Darren End want to join you are welcome.

Hi,

I am thinking of starting A Jack Walker Upper Singing Section. We have plenty of folk up there who have voices in fine fettle, folk like 1864 Roverite, Paul, Den and Baz to name a few.

We are looking to congregate next to the posh bit in the middle and hang our blankets over the front of the stand. Waggy is welcome to join us; he will enjoy the 1st half singing that is directed towards BFS, we sing "4-4-2" and "BFS is a w@@ker" and sometimes "Sack the Board", "Beamo" and "Bring back Howard Kendall".

At the next game we plan to meet inside MacDonalds before the game and march down to the ground and blow whistles, trumpets and shake our rattles.

If any of the young runts in the Darren End want to join you are welcome.

Is it April 1st already? Slip something in their thermos and you might have a chance!

BEWARE: I have it on good authority (no NOT Hughsey) that some of the original members of the JW Upper Suicide Squad (they go by the name "J WUSS") have bought up tickets for Sunday and are reforming for "a bit of the old stuff".

I cannot say too much on here as the Old Bill will be monitoring as they do, but look out for the flying thermos at half time.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

WARNING

A group of grumpy old men plan on visiting Burnley and laying a "turd on't mooure".

I you spot a group of men clutching thermos flasks and tartan style knee rugs,please contact Crimestoppers immediately.

Led by Fife ?

• Backroom

Please, please can I join in? I always bring two flasks, a blanket, two cushions and a flag and I know all the words to No Nay Never ...

Ahhh but can you sing it whilst waving your flag with one hand and pouring a cup of tea with the other ? :rolleyes::P

Led by Fife ?

I'll have you know that I already make more noise than all the rest of the JW Upper put together. And more to the point last Wednesday night during the Brum match when the entire ground (BBE included) had gone deathly quiet during the prolonged head tennis match and you could actually hear the players on the pitch talking to each other (seriously), I was the one who roared out on 3 separate occasions COME ON THE ROVERS!!!"followed a short while later by "have the rules changed to the ball is not allowed to touch the grass??". Needless to say my only answer was stony silence. And I don't bring either a blanket or a flask!

If we're gonna have a singing section then I'll route out my old rattle* from the attic.

My dad made it for me in 1963 he was a joiner - and although it was the biggest one I've ever seen, it was the noisiest.

*Rattles [see the fans whizzing them around] - Rovers v Liverpool 1935.

Probably be termed "dangerous implements now.

Nice clip that Den. 4th rd FA Cup match and Rovers won 1-0. Crowd just under 50,000. Rattles were still in common use by most fans right up to the '50s.

Nice clip that Den. 4th rd FA Cup match and Rovers won 1-0. Crowd just under 50,000. Rattles were still in common use by most fans right up to the '50s.

Fabulous clips Fife. 50,000 plus on Ewood. wow!

Rattles were still in common use by most fans right up to the '50s.

Wasn't around then ... got a nostalgic one off Santa though at Xmas

Think I should give it its debut at Ewood soon ... its training at the moment with my youngest :lol::brfc:

Archived