BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doctor Who Is A Rovers Fan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man City manager Mancini is apparently obsessed with English football and is a Rovers fan. There is a story that he insisted on Sampdoria wearing a blue and white away kit once in honour of his heroes.

I haven't heard this one before, but...

I remember when sven goran erickson signed his pre contract agreement with us in the mid 90s, mancini was his star play at lazio, and was asked whether he would be joining sven at rovers. I recall he was reported as saying our blue and white kit was his favourite and was flattered by the speculation. I dont recall him saying he was a rovers fan.

Dhivkov....the Chelsea full back is a Rovers fan.

Comes from Kalingrad,that bit of Russia between Poland and Germany(?) and supported us from when we were in the Champions League.

A full-back -get him signed up !!

Dhivkov....the Chelsea full back is a Rovers fan.

Comes from Kalingrad,that bit of Russia between Poland and Germany(?) and supported us from when we were in the Champions League.

A full-back -get him signed up !!

I think you mean Zhirkov, the geezer that couldn't wait to play against Pedersen :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Cant believe we dont have a song about Dr Who being a Rover what an opportunity to be original for once.

Simple, we just sing that version of Sweet that was done by KLF called "Doctor Who and the Timelords" (I think) that goes:

" Dr Whoooo, Dr Who

Dr Whoooo, the Tardis,

Dr Whoooo, the Daleks,

Dr Whooo, ooooh..."

For once the Beeb will love it and might actually feature us on MoTD as we are promoting their program...

oooh just Googled it:

Steven Pinder aka Max Farnham

pinder_203x152.jpg

used to sit behind us with Mick Rathbone when the ground was being redeveloped and those in the Blackburn End got switched to the the darren end for a season

wonder if Bob Fleming remembers

I haven't heard this one before, but...

I remember when sven goran erickson signed his pre contract agreement with us in the mid 90s, mancini was his star play at lazio, and was asked whether he would be joining sven at rovers. I recall he was reported as saying our blue and white kit was his favourite and was flattered by the speculation. I dont recall him saying he was a rovers fan.

I remember this too, there were apparently a lot of players who wanted to follow SGE from Sampdoria. Sinisa Mihajlovic, Juan Sebastian Veron, Roberto Mancini all followed him to Lazio. He also signed Pavel Nedved and Christian Vieri there, and won the Scudetto in 99-00.... Not that we would get all these players, but who knows?

I remember this too, there were apparently a lot of players who wanted to follow SGE from Sampdoria. Sinisa Mihajlovic, Juan Sebastian Veron, Roberto Mancini all followed him to Lazio. He also signed Pavel Nedved and Christian Vieri there, and won the Scudetto in 99-00.... Not that we would get all these players, but who knows?

Our club have so many 'if only we'd have done / if only that would have happened' stories. Depressing.

Our club have so many 'if only we'd have done / if only that would have happened' stories. Depressing.

Same could be said for many, many clubs... I could be a millionaire if only... It's not depressing, it's bloody pointless.

• 2 years later...

Although I obviously agree with the sentiment of what he was saying, I thought he sounded pretty out of touch with what's actually happening at the club.

He's an attention seeking little tw@t. He has no idea what his happening, but he sure as sh1t knows talking about it will get him some headlines and brownie points in various places.

If he thought the games against millwall where the most embarrassing in his life! then he clearly hasn't watched any league games in the last 2 years,

still though, any attention he can bring that shines the light on venkys&co's gross(in every sense of the word) incompetence is a good thing.

He's an attention seeking little tw@t. He has no idea what his happening, but he sure as sh1t knows talking about it will get him some headlines and brownie points in various places.

Sounded to me like he knows exactly what's happening at the club, and echoes the feelings of every lifelong rovers fan.

fair play too him for that

you can tell with the tone of his voice that he actually cares about the club

Agreed pal

Sounded to me like he knows exactly what's happening at the club, and echoes the feelings of every lifelong rovers fan.

To be fair the guy has always annoyed me, but having just listened to the interview, my initial comments were wrong. He does sound genuinely passionate and in touch with the situation. Apologies.

Archived