BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doctor Who Is A Rovers Fan

Not saying he wasn't passionate just a little out of touch with a few details(ie. blaming shabby but not the gruesome twosome), you're right though he did only have a couple of minutes to speak, so fair do's.

The attention his comments are getting is GLOBAL which is amazing news for rovers fans.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think his points about the Millwall games were spot on. I know it hasnt been good in the league games leading up to the Millwall cup ties, but I dont think I have ever seen the long ball used in such a misguided and pointless fashion like it was in those 2 games. Obviously he has watched the two games and come out with a similar conclusion-he seems very much in touch with the situation imo.

Seriously bad times..

Guest Norbert

Cheech and Chong. Good one Bryan.

Matt has usually been quite diplomatic about things, expressing unhappiness at the situation politely, but I think even he has reached a point where he has just thought "these prats are a right shower of sh_t."

Going back to the previous page where someone accused Matt Smith of being out of touch with what's happening at Rovers. The guy is The Doctor which after Bond is the biggest british cult character going. He spends 10 months of the year filming, doing promotional work and then the other 2 months he squeezes other stuff in so can you really blame him for not quite knowing every single last detail? The guy just ranted about Venky's when he was meant to be talking about Red Nose Day. If that doesn't show passion I don't know what does!

Jesus lad, wasn't a dig just an observation, I've already said it great hes said something that will get global recognition..

p.s. he's not the only fella with a fulltime job, most people on here keep updated on rovers on goings via the www(which as its name implies is available world wide and 24/7)

p.p.s although matt smith is an interesting if odd actor(mainly due to his looks, I think), dr. who is still bland middle of the road bbc rubbish, made to give the pc brigade .something to watch other than countryfile and the one show

come on that show just ticks every politically correct daily mail readers box, its just completely fluffy and hollow, it hasn't had a new idea since its early years, it only made a comeback because cgi(as tacky looking as it is on that show) had become affordable.

Guest Norbert

I admit that I cannot follow one part of your argument P.C.? Daily Mail readers?

The fluffy and hollow points you make may be a matter of opinion and taste (it's Saturday evening entertainment, that's what that part of the week is about) but I quite like Dr. Who, as well as Borgen, Boardwalk Empire etc.

Totally agree his comments are spot on those 2 Milwall games were a joke I agreed with him as much on twitter at least some high profile views are getting the exposure they deserve. On another subject I believe Jim Bowen is a rovers fan.

And he's got a real platform to give the Venkys both barrells seeing as he has just been made Pope!

Jim-Bowen-Pope-008.jpg

I admit that I cannot follow one part of your argument P.C.? Daily Mail readers?

The fluffy and hollow points you make may be a matter of opinion and taste (it's Saturday evening entertainment, that's what that part of the week is about) but I quite like Dr. Who, as well as Borgen, Boardwalk Empire etc.

well id rather have my license money spent on some good original shows than bland tired old tripe like dr.who,

whatever floats your boat though I suppose.

the 3rd season of boardwalk was great bye the way.

Guest Norbert

tumblr_lzpj8v8HpQ1ql40eoo1_400.jpg

From Dark Sith Lord to Peter Key stand up routine. It must be interesting to be a devout Catholic. In a few years time you might end up with Hello Kitty, Andrew Lloyd Webber or the Lurpak butter man as your spiritual leader.

well id rather have my license money spent on some good original shows than bland tired old tripe like dr.who,

whatever floats your boat though I suppose.

the 3rd season of boardwalk was great bye the way.

I see where you are coming from. BBC 4 has some stuff with more to get your teeth into. And it isn't all from Sweden either. I'd personally drop all the antique/house buying shows, that are probably cheap to make, but have bred like mice all over the TV. Oh, and Eastenders. That would be a fair amount of £ to go elsewhere. If they could get another Life on Mars type of show on the box, that would be good.

• Backroom

I always feel the beeb and rovers have missed on a marketing opportunity here. The TARDIS should appear outside Ewood on one matchday. It's already half the right colour!

So TJ you'd rather your money get wasted on original shows that would get cancelled after one series (which most of them do) than have the Beeb spend the money well on a show that is a worldwide success and one of the biggest TV exports Britain's ever made? I'd certainly rather that my money wasn't wasted if I have to pay them.

Archived