BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doctor Who Is A Rovers Fan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

If it is exported, it generates money. If it generates money, the BBC has more of it, some of which pays for more of what makes the money..............It's called capitalism. If Dr. Who basically funds BBC 4, the wildlife programmes etc. then it's a good thing for me.

Anyway..... he's leaving at Christmas. Apparently being 'The Doctor' is worth 200k pa but his other work now that he has used the role to make a name for himself is comfortably ahead of that. ..... Oh and he wants to crack Hollywood apparently.

Anyway..... he's leaving at Christmas. Apparently being 'The Doctor' is worth 200k pa but his other work now that he has used the role to make a name for himself is comfortably ahead of that. ..... Oh and he wants to crack Hollywood apparently.

I don't get your point(is there something wrong with being ambitious in your world?), He's the only interesting thing about dr. who(but personally even he's not enough to make me want to watch it regularly)

come on that show just ticks every politically correct daily mail readers box, its just completely fluffy and hollow, it hasn't had a new idea since its early years, it only made a comeback because cgi(as tacky looking as it is on that show) had become affordable.

Does not like Dr Who or Countryfile? I wonder what sort of crap he does watch?

I don't get your point(is there something wrong with being ambitious in your world?), He's the only interesting thing about dr. who(but personally even he's not enough to make me want to watch it regularly)

I'm not suprised because I wasn't making one. I was simply reporting what I'd read.

Does not like Dr Who or Countryfile? I wonder what sort of crap he does watch?

haha, you say that as if their the pinnacle of tv shows, my goodness!

I could write a list as long as my arm of great tv shows currently showing and from recent years, though the vast majority of them would not be british so I doubt you'd be interested, i'm guessing your from my dads generation(50+), he has some kind of ignorant allergic reaction to most non-uk shows and films and simply refuses to even give them a try(that is my idea of a miserable get)

I'm not suprised because I wasn't making one. I was simply reporting what I'd read.

well then I do apologise, its very hard to tell with you sometimes :P

haha, you say that as if their the pinnacle of tv shows, my goodness!

I could write a list as long as my arm of great tv shows currently showing and from recent years, though the vast majority of them would not be british so I doubt you'd be interested, i'm guessing your from my dads generation(50+), he has some kind of ignorant allergic reaction to most non-uk shows and films and simply refuses to even give them a try(that is my idea of a miserable get)

Haha. No I don't. but I certainly prefer wildlife and geographical shows that I can learn from. to the American dross that you appear to prefer.

Haha. No I don't. but I certainly prefer wildlife and geographical shows that I can learn from. to the American dross that you appear to prefer.

you can watch a variety of things you know(you will likely learn a lot more doing this)

Wildlife shows have become incredibly un-original and repetitive, they basically just show the same shots you've seen a hundred times before but just from different angles and in hd, so your not really learning owt new and your definitely learning nothing useful(unless your planning on going walkabouts in the wild somewhere!)

you can watch a variety of things you know(you will likely learn a lot more doing this)

Wildlife shows have become incredibly un-original and repetitive, they basically just show the same shots you've seen a hundred times before but just from different angles and in hd, so your not really learning owt new and your definitely learning nothing useful(unless your planning on going walkabouts in the wild somewhere!)

Get ready to learn Al ! Christ.

And of course the American dross you watch will really educate me? I don't think so!

Well you've already learnt the lingo-"i don't think so"xx

Maybe if you watched more educational programmes they would teach you to use a capital "I".

Can he not get in the tardis and go back 36 months and have a word with the walker trust

If I really need to explain to you why that's not possible, we have an issue on our hands...

If I really need to explain to you why that's not possible, we have an issue on our hands...

And if it was possible I would go for a Twelve Monkeys or Exterminator Approach as Dr Who is a Pacifist.

Archived