Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The great thing about the Darwen End is that if you get there early enough you can sit in any seat you like. No seats like that are available anywhere else except the Upper JW. Warm, dry, fantastic view as those in the equivalent BB End seats would no doubt testify!

Well not if someone beats you to the punch and gets down the same time as you or if everyone did :D

Well not if someone beats you to the punch and gets down the same time as you or if everyone did :D

Exactly! It encourages people to get down early & get the best seats. Sounds daft but it actually creates an atmosphere.....something the BBE has been sadly lacking for a few years now :(

Exactly! It encourages people to get down early & get the best seats. Sounds daft but it actually creates an atmosphere.....something the BBE has been sadly lacking for a few years now :(

And from a Blackburn Ender from the seventies you have hit the nail right on the head. The Blackburn End is not what it used to be. First come first served seats on a match day basis would be a good idea but the people who have bought those seats for the season would disagreee. Its up to them now to replicate the vocal support that is happening in the Darwen End. Support from both ends of Ewood is awesome. The general support from the Darwen End this season and especially of late is similar to the support we contributed from the Blackburn End in the early eighties when we had crowds of less than 8000. A revolution is starting.

:tu::tu::tu:

I know one or two have mentioned the possibility of moving to the DE singing section, but is anybody actually gonna bite the bullet & make the move? :huh:

I know of a few people who intend to do that. I've got plum seats in the BBE so don't really want to give them up.

Well done Rovers. I'll be renewing the two Darwen End Season tickets and buying an additional one for my eldest lad to tempt him away from Celtic. I know of several Scots who are seriously considering buying Darwen End season tickets as they now know that you can easily hop on a train from Glasgow and get back by 9pm from Blackburn when its a 3pm Saturday kick off.

They are astonished at these prices, and when you think that it costs £600 + for a Celtic season ticket to effectively watch one other decent team a season, you realise just what good value it is.

Hats off to John Williams and the board.

Well done Rovers. I'll be renewing the two Darwen End Season tickets and buying an additional one for my eldest lad to tempt him away from Celtic. I know of several Scots who are seriously considering buying Darwen End season tickets as they now know that you can easily hop on a train from Glasgow and get back by 9pm from Blackburn when its a 3pm Saturday kick off.

They are astonished at these prices, and when you think that it costs £600 + for a Celtic season ticket to effectively watch one other decent team a season, you realise just what good value it is.

Hats off to John Williams and the board.

They may well come unstuck there though, as we have played A LOT of midweek and Sunday games at Ewood this season! Still, it's a positive as it means more money in the coffers and a fuller stadium! :tu:

They may well come unstuck there though, as we have played A LOT of midweek and Sunday games at Ewood this season! Still, it's a positive as it means more money in the coffers and a fuller stadium! :tu:

Yes, I've missed a few games coz of switching times and dates, but I've still seen about ten home games this season, which works out at £15 a game - great value. The Scottish lads are talking about buying 4 or 5 season tickets between about ten of them, and coming down when Celtic games are moved to the Sunday, which they often are.

My enthusiastic tales of good atmospheres and ######-ups on the Trans Pennine Express must have appealed to them :)

The key to the atmosphere in the DE is the unreserved seating. Those who want to go to the back and stand and sing can whereas people that dont can take their pick from the many seats that are available. This means that all like minded people who want to sing are in one place instead of being spread out around the ground. The close proximity to the away fans also means that the banter is brilliant. It has an 'Away day' feel to it and im sure many of you in the BBE would enjoy it if you perhaps tried it for one game. It costs nothing and you dont have to permanently give up your great seats in the BBE. ;)

The key to the atmosphere in the DE is the unreserved seating. Those who want to go to the back and stand and sing can whereas people that dont can take their pick from the many seats that are available. This means that all like minded people who want to sing are in one place instead of being spread out around the ground. The close proximity to the away fans also means that the banter is brilliant. It has an 'Away day' feel to it and im sure many of you in the BBE would enjoy it if you perhaps tried it for one game. It costs nothing and you dont have to permanently give up your great seats in the BBE. ;)

I totally agree. Home games with an 'away-day' feel to the proceedings :tu:

I know it`s not for everyone, but for those who want to join in, sing & bounce around......it`s a great atmosphere in the DE :rover:

What - to get a season ticket? Of course it is. If you're in Stoke it's doable in just over and hour depending on traffic. It takes about 40 mins from clitheroe sometimes. Go on get one. You know you want to

Yeah, I think I will actually. I usually attend say 5-8 home games a year (without a season ticket) so the costs neither here nor there

Well my job has just changed from every other weekend to 9-5, Monday to Friday! I've got a wedding to pay for but I've just bought two season tickets in the Blackburn End, come on! Great price!

Spread the word far and wide up there Dbwah,fife etc.....let get that Scottish supporters branch thriving!

biggrin.gif

I know a whole bunch of them that regularly watch Rovers matches in an Edinburgh pub. I have tried it with them on a few occasions in seasons gone by, but I really don't rate it at all. I know that at least 3 of these guys also make (or rather MADE) the trip to Ewood on a fairly regular basis when seats in the Riverside were easily available, but not last season because of the lack of available seats. Maybe they could be persuaded to try the Darwen End season ticket offer? I will give them a call and put it to them.

BTW I already have a JW Upper S/T and will be renewing.smile.gif

Archived