Guest Kamy100

350 members have voted

1. 1. Current Status

• Already renewed ? existing ST holder
    • New ST Holder ? already purchased
    • Renewing prior to deadline
    • Renewing after deadline
    • Not renewing due to finances/ family/work
    • Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton
    • Not possible due to distance
    • Not Sure Yet
    • Planning to Purchase

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see there is speculation that City are going to reduce ticket prices to fill Eastlands.

If City signed 2 or 3 top players in the summer then there will be no need to reduce it. Especially if they get that 4th spot.

As for other fans from scotland, stoke etc considering buying one - GREAT! Get it done! Perhaps the scottish lot could get a new supporters branch going??

The only reason we hand the stand over to these 3 clubs is because they are guaranteed to sell 7000 plus tickets meaning its a cash cow for Rovers coffers.

For me though I have to agree with no longer giving manure the whole stand. Rovers should now only give them the top tier and let Rovers fans have the bottom - other clubs are already cutting mankures allocation because they refuse to sit down and Rovers should do the same.

I am certain Rovers can easily make up the 3500 shortfall by letting our fans come into the ground.

For me though I have to agree with no longer giving manure the whole stand. Rovers should now only give them the top tier and let Rovers fans have the bottom - other clubs are already cutting mankures allocation because they refuse to sit down and Rovers should do the same.

Totally agree,We need them banised into the top tier next season.

If the club could sell out all the home areas then it would happen - however even with giving United, Liverpool & City the full stand - the club will only have a 25-26k average this season.

When the club can gaurantee 8000 sales at £35+ a ticket, they aint going to give it up to a half full Darwen End. Its effectively 5000 extra half season tickets (3 * 35 = £105).

Got me thinking last night. Newcastle United fans will not be happy because they normally sell out the entire darwen end but will be banished to the top tier for this season. Oh well, the less the better

Thing is they had not filled the full Darwen End for years, same could be said for Citeh before this season, first game with Tevez, Adebayor et al. I remember in the Stuart Pearce days they rarely brought more than 3k

I think i heard we sold 1200-1500 season tickets in the Darwen End this season. Hopefully a few more will be sold next season.

I don`t see no reason why Rovers cannot give teams like Newcastle, Sunderland, Everton (etc) the top tier of the DE (3000 seats) & 'if' Rovers don`t sell more than 2000 tickets in the Darwen End for these games, offer the visiting side a few more tickets in the lower tier.

It makes great financial sense putting bums on seats......but not at the expense of Rovers fans.

I think i heard we sold 1200-1500 season tickets in the Darwen End this season. Hopefully a few more will be sold next season.

I don`t see no reason why Rovers cannot give teams like Newcastle, Sunderland, Everton (etc) the top tier of the DE (3000 seats) & 'if' Rovers don`t sell more than 2000 tickets in the Darwen End for these games, offer the visiting side a few more tickets in the lower tier.

It makes great financial sense putting bums on seats......but not at the expense of Rovers fans.

Everton have been given 4,800 tickets - so thats the upper and half the lower minus segregation.

Exactly what iv been saying all season!! :brfc:

But that will drive infiltration into the Rovers' areas.

We have been in the Prem long enough to know which clubs bring what support and to know that building the Darwen End without it being at the expense of other areas of the ground will take time.

The attendance figures show the current policy worked pretty well for this season. Tweaking the Darwen End offer up to 16 games from 15 seems to be a sensible incremental step.

Tweaking the Darwen End offer up to 16 games from 15 seems to be a sensible incremental step.

Not really - they have only given that stand to 3 clubs anyway this season! + the ST holders for the City game got a free ticket didnt they?

Not really - they have only given that stand to 3 clubs anyway this season! + the ST holders for the City game got a free ticket didnt they?

So it seems sensible to make the offer the same as it was last season anyway from the start, rather than play with it as the season approaches...... :rolleyes:

So it seems sensible to make the offer the same as it was last season anyway from the start, rather than play with it as the season approaches...... :rolleyes:

True - Think part of the problem last year was Burnley fixture, dont think the club are worrying about that 1 too much next season! :lol:

Archived