BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back To Trading Club Now!

Just be reading Big Sam statement that Rovers do not need to sell anybody this summer. This is good to heard because we have sold some top players like Warnock. (Sad to see him go). We are not going to spend silly money but spend money some money.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2012513,00.html

Well done to the Chairman John Williams and the board!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just be reading Big Sam statement that Rovers do not need to sell anybody this summer. This is good to heard because we have sold some top players like Warnock. (Sad to see him go). We are not going to spend silly money but spend money some money.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2012513,00.html

Well done to the Chairman John Williams and the board!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I tried the link but it came up as an "error".

lol. "No need to sell". Yeah, that happens when we've already sold all our star players that the big clubs could want. Somehow I don't think ManUnited and Chelsea will come knocking on the door for El Hadji or Pedersen.

Should Olsson bangs in a few more goals though, once again "our hands will be tied".

Maybe we should just start benching whoever starts doing too good for us, let the hype around him die a bit, then bring him back. But then they'd probably want to move anyway because they're not playing enough.

lol. "No need to sell". Yeah, that happens when we've already sold all our star players that the big clubs could want. Somehow I don't think ManUnited and Chelsea will come knocking on the door for El Hadji or Pedersen.

Should Olsson bangs in a few more goals though, once again "our hands will be tied".

Maybe we should just start benching whoever starts doing too good for us, let the hype around him die a bit, then bring him back. But then they'd probably want to move anyway because they're not playing enough.

Good god this is a negative post! We don't need to sell. Let's take that as a positive because the club is doing well and is managed extremely well.

Good god this is a negative post! We don't need to sell. Let's take that as a positive because the club is doing well and is managed extremely well.

We sold Bellamy, we sold Bentley, we sold Santa Cruz, we sold Friedel...and we have no one else to sell. This is a fact. How is stating facts "negative"?

We sold Bellamy, we sold Bentley, we sold Santa Cruz, we sold Friedel...and we have no one else to sell. This is a fact. How is stating facts "negative"?

You weren't stating facts. You were suggesting that we aren't a selling club until someone offers us some money then we'll sell because we have to. That's not a fact, that's your very negative opinion.

Hmm... considering how well we have done recently I am amazed at your negativity.

What about Samba ? Nzonzi has had a few sniffing around - though far too early in my opinion. Even Robinson may attract some suitors with the new "home grown" rule coming in next season.

Also - for the first time in a while - we have players like Kallanic, Nzonzi, Olsson, Hoillett and Jones who offer genuine hope for the future.

Lets look to the positives - yet again we have sold star players - and have somehow unearthed players with "potential" to replace them.

We certainly don't have any players left who'd bring us a Bentley-size fee, but we'd get 10M for Samba---Lescott went for 26M remember! Kalinic' form hasn't gone unnoticed so we'd get more than the 6M we paid for him.

I wouldn't let N'Zonzi go for under 6m either, I think he's been an absolute star this season and not over-rated at all. In his position its all about timing an intervention to break up opposing play. He does this efficiently and without fuss. He's the sort of player you only notice when he isn't available.

That's about it really although Ollsen would go for a sizeable profit based on his obvious potential. But this close season should be all about strengthening the squad not replacing it. Anything else would be a real slap in the face for our growing fan-base.

Or just give keef player of the season and say he's not for sale, doesn't want to leave, and definitely definitely doesn't have a £5m release clause in his contract.

ain't the classic line something like 'boyhood liverpool fan, only club i'd leave for', recall an awful lot of players spouting that rubbish.....love to hear andrews saying it in a month or so.

You're so f**king dense light bends round you.

Every club is a selling club at the right price. The trick is to see it coming and to have worked out what you are going to do about it and make sure your position is absolutely clear to the players. It's what Mark Hughes did well, and what I think Allardyce will do well because he's an experienced manager. We didn't sort out the striker situation in January but I don't think he was that bothered about it because what there was around was overpriced and not that good. However, this year we've apparently started early. Being a trading club rather than a selling club means that you still move players in and out but its more on your terms than theirs.

To be honest I would seriously consider any bid for Samba in the range of 10 to 12 million. That money could be used to purchase a very good left back and a good attacking midfielder. Those are our priorities right now and with givet nelson and Jones along with the new left back we should have decent cover at the back.

Trading club means no need to sell to survive.

However, it does mean we are vulnerable to losing our best assets if someone gets interested in them. On that basis Samba is certainly at risk of going and perhaps Kalinic if he gets a few in the remaining seven games and particularly if he rattles the defences of the big boys.

Archived