BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Young Player Of The Year

Nzonzi will win Player of the Year though surely? If it goes to Dunn it's a complete joke since he's injured so much.

If Samba wins POTY, Nzonzi should get YPOTY.

This post sums it up.

Jones hasn't played enough games, Kalinic isn't good enough (to win it) and Olssen isn't as established in the team as Nzonzi, though he should take enormous credit for the season he has had.

Sam should have rested Nzonzi a couple of times really, but its testament to how well he has done that he hasn't felt able to.

Happy for N'Zonzi to get YPOTY but I don't think he should get POTY. He's been part of a midfield that has to be the weakest part of our squad and one of the worst in the Prem. He has scored once (not his job I know) and had maybe two or three assists.

I would give POTY to one of the defenders, Samba, Givet or Nelsen. Possibly Robinson too. We have had 11 clean sheets this year and the defense is our strength.

As I have said in other posts I really don't see what a lot of other posters see in N'Zonzi. He is good in the air but doesn't do much with the ball apart from pass sideways IMO. He's quite decent defensively but he's not box-to-box. I would prefer a fit Grella in his role any day of the week, however I still have high hopes for him in the future and have been very impressed with his debut season.

As I have said in other posts I really don't see what a lot of other posters see in N'Zonzi. He is good in the air but doesn't do much with the ball apart from pass sideways IMO. He's quite decent defensively but he's not box-to-box. I would prefer a fit Grella in his role any day of the week, however I still have high hopes for him in the future and have been very impressed with his debut season.

He's a young defensive midfielder who hasn't looked out of place in his first season of top-flight football. Claude Makelele was a world-class midfielder, and his job was to keep it simple and not give the ball away. For N'zonzi to play this role all season with such maturity and assurance shows what a great talent he could be.

He's a young defensive midfielder who hasn't looked out of place in his first season of top-flight football. Claude Makelele was a world-class midfielder, and his job was to keep it simple and not give the ball away. For N'zonzi to play this role all season with such maturity and assurance shows what a great talent he could be.

I agree Topman, don't get me wrong, I am high on the kid, I think he's done incredibly well. But I don't think he's been the club's best player this season, and I wouldn't prefer him to a fit 29 year old who's played 40 odd times for his country either. Of course, there's probably room in the team for both of them in a 4-5-1 to be honest.

I agree Topman, don't get me wrong, I am high on the kid, I think he's done incredibly well. But I don't think he's been the club's best player this season, and I wouldn't prefer him to a fit 29 year old who's played 40 odd times for his country either. Of course, there's probably room in the team for both of them in a 4-5-1 to be honest.

Nzonzi has only featured so heavily this season because Grella has proven weaker than a newborn kitten. Although, we've looked pretty solid in the middle in the scant games they've played together.

still Olsson for me, because he has come back after being over looked for so long. He had a shocker against Spurs, and it looked like his career at Rovers would be over, but he has improved so much, and impressed to an extent where we are reaping the rewards. :brfcsmilie:

Archived