SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Promotions

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 Newcastle (P) 40 25 11 4 77 30 47 86

2 West Brom 42 24 11 7 82 44 38 83

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Nottingham F 41 20 11 10 56 35 21 71

4 Cardiff City 41 20 8 13 69 50 19 68

5 Swansea City 42 16 17 9 37 33 4 65

6 Leicester City 42 17 13 12 52 43 9 64

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Blackpool 42 17 12 13 68 52 16 63

8 Middlesbrough 42 15 13 14 56 45 11 58

This is the top 8, It's looking like West Brom will join Newcastle. Forest and Leicester are a good bet to be promoted through the Play-offs, Cardiff v Swansea - now that would be an interesting one! Am hoping Blackpool sneak in to the top 6, Boro look out of it.

I quite like the look of all the play off hopefuls apart from Leicester, absolute dive that place, but all the others make for a good away day :rover:

Can't see Blackpool doing it but would be a great achievement if they did.

Forest. Huge name, great city. As long as it isnt Leicester i have no preference beyond Forest. Nice to see a side who hasnt played in the prem before, so Cardiff/Swansea/Blackpool would also make a good change.

BTW how many times have WBA been promoted/relegated in the last 7/8 years??? Im so sick of seeing them repeatedly yoyo between the divisions. They're just wasting everybody's time. Either stay up or stay down and let someone else have a go. Its hardly fair on their fans as much as it is dull on the rest of the premier league.

Its good to see the likes of Hull/Burnley/Wolves come up just to add a bit of originality to the league, but to see WBA yet again get promoted is so boring. There should be a limit as to how many times a side can fail in a particular division because i bet that in two years time WBA will be on the brink of promotion from the Championship once again.

On the face of it wba need 3 more points to secure the return so they are clearly favourites to come up automatically.

As for the play offs, I think you would have to fancy Forest but I have a sneaky feeling we might just see one of the welsh due sneak it. Cardiff have resilience whilst swansea play some good football.

Whatever happens whoever comes up through the play offs is joining wba in going straight back down, I just dont see either managing to stay up.

Even the barcodes are going to struggle and I wonder if it could be a season when the 3 promoted clubs go straight back down.

BTW how many times have WBA been promoted/relegated in the last 7/8 years??? Im so sick of seeing them repeatedly yoyo between the divisions. They're just wasting everybody's time. Either stay up or stay down and let someone else have a go. Its hardly fair on their fans as much as it is dull on the rest of the premier league.

West fookin Brom,up and down more times than a pro's knickers.

Come May 2011 and its....''AGAIN,YOUR GOING DOWN AGAIN!!''

WEST - BORING - ALBION. <_<

Preferably Blackpool for the away day, then Forest.

Don't want Leicester. And def not Cardiff or Swansea, those Welsh b*****ds shouldn't even be playing in the English league.

I think it will be Cardiff- they looked the better side at Forest and are playing for their lives with administration hanging over them. Joe Ledley has come back at just the right time and he is one of the few players in the four contenders who is genuine PL quality now.

If Blackpool do make it into the play-offs, they could well do a dingles although they won't be going into the play-offs the obvious favourites like the dingles were (they had a clear head-to-head advantage over all their rivals).

I see Newcastle were 4,000 short of a full house even for their promotion party.

Well that ruined my week. The bloody media darlings, self-delusional, "best" and "most loyal" fans, "big club", barcodes are coming back, bluuuurggghhhh!!! We will now have to put up with another year of media jism all over the back pages and on tele, think I'm actually envying Burnley right now...

Would love to see either Forest or Blackpool back, definitely NOT the Welsh thugs and I hope West Brom lose every game from now and don't make it back (cos they will just go down again and as someone rightly said - give someone else a go!)

• 3 weeks later...

Blackpool in pole position now for the final playoff place. At home to Bristol City in their final game and Swansea at home to Doncaster. Forest, Leicester and Cardiff all guarenteed a playoff berth.

Norwich Champions today with Leeds and Millwall battling to the end for the Automatic spot only seperated by a point with 2 to play. Swindon, Charlton and Hudds all secured in the playoffs.

Notts County, Rochdale and Bournemouth sealing the automatic postitions today too. Teams placed as low as 12th could still make the playoffs in the very tight division.

Exciting times!

I would like to see Blackpool gives us another derby game and a great away day out , unless it's on a cold Wednesday night in February.

Neither of the Welsh clubs as they shouldn't be in this league anyway.

I have a feeling that Leicester who nobody talks about will do it . That pen from Speedie brings back some good memories.

Archived