BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Promotions

I watched the whole of the Forest-Blackpool game last night, and was entertained greatly.Everyone round here seems to want Blackpool to get promoted, presumably for the novelty value and the day out at the seaside that goes with it. My accountant is a big Blackpool fan, and I was talking to him on Monday afternoon, and he says they all love Holloway and would have been delighted with a mid table finish.

I heard an interview last week with Holloway, and after having his wife suffer with Cancer and then being out of work for a year, he has changed his footballing philosophy. He reckoned his teams should all they can to entertain people, and was less obsessed with losing. On the basis of last nights showing he is certainly as good as his word-They just kept going forward all the time, when a lot of teams would have shut up shop and hoped to close the game down.

The team seems to have one instruction-play good football and score some goals. The did both last night and for that alone I hope they get promoted.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Further to above, from Paul Fletchers BBC blog, this somes IHs new footballing outlook.

"I watched a lot of games, especially at a higher level when I was out of management," he said. "I realised how much I love this job. And when I returned I got fed up with trying not to lose games or protect a draw. Now I just want to win games."

It was a cracking game last night and I thought Blackpool were excellent throughout and showed how you play the 4-3-3/4-5-1 system to perfection.

Charlie Adam was a class apart but was given the freedom of the City Ground to play in, that said, I think he'd do well in the Prem and would improve our midfield.

Was well pleased for Holloway, especially like the way he snapped back at the suggestion he is just a 'character' and pointed out that he was a deadly serious football manager. On last night's performance he has a real point, the football was great to watch and it was patently obvious that the players love playing for him.

Blackpool were terrific last night, but if they are that open in the Premiership they will get abliterated.

Don't get me wrong I thought they played some really good one and two touch football, but you just dont get that time and space at the top level.

Good luck to the Donkey Lashers :tu: I really really hope they get promoted :rover:

It`d be another local away day for Rovers & one less for the dingles & nobenders. I bet preston are absolutely gutted. They`re the forgotten man of Lancastrian football. Everybody else has had their moment in the limelight whilst they constantly do nothing of any significance. So much for BIG city boys Preston :lol:

If the Lashers get Leicester in the final, DJ won`t be able to play.....cos he`s a Leicester player. Shame for the lad.

COYB!! :brfc:

Since I won some quids on blackpool yesterday I am planning on betting on Cardiff - Leiceister.

Who do you guys reckon will win that game? I guess Cardiff are strong at home, but Leicester has the best squad?

Id go with Cardiff - they have already beaten Leicester twice this season at home & hold the lead.

Up the lashers, putting PNE in their place whilst replacing the dingle scum in the top league.

Oh well, lets hope for a september day out at the seaside before the rainy season (october to May) begins !!!

well I will be sorted for some nice Corporate nosh and a seat at Bloomfield Road if Blackpool go up, a nice cheap and drunken day out beckons.

• Backroom

I'm betting on Bothroyd missing a penalty here

Oh my days what a fool who chips a penalty when so much is on the line

• Backroom

Didn't Sergio Peter get dropped from our squad for missing one in a pre season tournament like that? Plus the fact he was a bit rubbish.

I expect an invite then Captain Mike !!

Just got my invite to the Blackpool play-off final:

* meal in the Bobby Moore Club

* as much champers, beer and wine as I can swallow (I have a big mouth and big stomach!!)

* best seats in Wembley (on the half way line 4 rows behinh the players entrance

* car parking 500 meters from the Main Entrance (I am not driving)

* and, an overnight stay paid for.

It is ace , the same trip I go on for the Rugby League Challenge Cup every year.....and I will not spend a £$ :P

Just got my invite to the Blackpool play-off final:

* meal in the Bobby Moore Club

* as much champers, beer and wine as I can swallow (I have a big mouth and big stomach!!)

* best seats in Wembley (on the half way line 4 rows behinh the players entrance

* car parking 500 meters from the Main Entrance (I am not driving)

* and, an overnight stay paid for.

It is ace , the same trip I go on for the Rugby League Challenge Cup every year.....and I will not spend a £$ :P

How do you get an invite for those sort of things? Someone got one of those club wembley boxes?!

Archived