BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 09/10 Promotions

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Blackpool to win for two reasons. Firstly, its a new team in the top division that hasn't been up here for years, and secondly, Ian Holloway is hilarious.

Quite agree there Billy, besides which when I were a lad and was first taken to Ewood by my dad, Blackpool was nearly always the Christmas Day fixture for Rovers. Now if the FA fixtures panel can get it right then we should expect are sensible home or, at least, short away day. Having said that I won't hold my breath.

I HATE it when teams do that. Johnny Come Latelies.

I was having this argument with someone today. They said it was 'wonderful' that Blackpool were taking 37,000 fans to Wembley. But is it really? What happens IF they lose tomorrow, and they're back down to 8,000 fans week in, week out next season.

Of course people are entitled to enjoy a day out at Wembley, but its the pretending they've been a fan for years, just never got round to going for the past ten, that annoys me.

Good luck to Blackpool, it would be great to see more of THIS! Douglas, Dobing, Dougan et al.

I have a programme at home for the last ever football league game played on Christmas day, Blackpool v Rovers Saturday 25th December 1965. The teams in the Programme that day were:

Blackpool: Waiters, Armfield, Thomson, Turner, James, Green, Moir, Ball, Charnley, Waddell, Oates.

Rovers: Else, Newton, Wilson, Clayton, Mulvaney, Sharples, Darling, George Jones, England, Ferguson, Harrison.

Mum and Dad weren't too happy to see me stuffing Xmas lunch down in time to get to Bloomfield Road. Blackpool were a first division side when I first started watching football. They also had one of the best footballers I've ever seen - Tony Green.. It would be great to see them back. Blackpool never did anyone any harm. :)

Totally agree re Tony Green-- fabulous player.

Fabulous Philip. So talented, real shame he had had to call it a day so early. If he'd have played for Man Utd, we would never have heard the last about him. Technically brilliant.

Quite a good Blackpool team as well - Tony Waiters who was superb, Jimmy Armfield - a legend, and Alan Ball - wow.

I was having this argument with someone today. They said it was 'wonderful' that Blackpool were taking 37,000 fans to Wembley. But is it really? What happens IF they lose tomorrow, and they're back down to 8,000 fans week in, week out next season.

Of course people are entitled to enjoy a day out at Wembley, but its the pretending they've been a fan for years, just never got round to going for the past ten, that annoys me.

Dingles the perfect example....sold all thier season tickets, full houses for 1st few games - now next season they are considering closing a stand, now that 'fans' have gone again & the club is back in the lower leagues!!

I would love to see the Lashers come up and wish them all the very best. Unfortunately for them it will be shortlived a bit like Bumley's attempt.

One thing is they will take the money and run, complete their ground abd be totally clear of debt before becoming a settled Championship outfit.

Come on Blackpool send the taffs packing and allow Preston to bask in your shadows, you never know, your promotion might just give the city of Preston a facelift when their own fans trash it tonight in celebration of your promotion :rolleyes:

Why I would love Blackpool to go up:

1: A great away day with a good night out in Blackpool to celebrate :rover:

2: The chance to watch Ian Holloways interviews on match of the day would be tv gold

3: Can you imagine if Blackpool play United in the first few weeks and beat them? the chance to take the mickey out of utd fans would be too good to miss.

4: I hate the way that Cardiff and Peter Ridsdale have gambled with the clubs future by nearly bankrupting the club,for me it sends out the wrong message to other clubs in that division.

Archived