BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Greatest Player Ever?

Well Ripley won more premiership titles so case closed really.

Hmmm that's a very convincing argument, I'm still thinking maybe winning the world cup is slightly higher? Then again, Stu has a Law degree so it swings back in his favour. Thank god I didn't think about Lars Bohinen or else I really would be torn!

If you go down the route of who's won the most in their time then it has to be Pele. Having watched clips of him play, he looked incredible. I still maintain that one of the greatest strikers of the modern era is Alan Shearer. Put him in any team and he would score goals. Put him now as he was when he was at his best, in a current top team and he'd be unstoppable. The truth of the matter is that the greatest players in the world have to have some damn fine players playing with them or they can't shine and a proper team is always much more than the sum of it's parts.

Pele is still probably the greatest ever.

For me, Zidane, the last head butt apart, he had everything, always where he should have been and read the game so well, his vollied goal and his body shape as he scored was perfection, quality on the ball, could tackle, beat a man, score goals, he had everything, for me, he was the best, not flash but what a player, created things and worked so hard for his team!!

Messi, well he looks a close second, but we will see in the World Cup!

Guest Kamy100

Messi has been awesome this season, however he would be the first to acknowledge that a lot of his success is due to Xavi and Iniesta, they are awesome and by far the best midfielders in the world, and the main reason why I can't see past Spain for the world cup. Also tonight Barcelona had 6 players on the pitch against Madrid who had come through their academy.

The commentators were talking about Catalunya's long-standing wish for independence from Spain, and that they want an officially recognised Catalunya international team.

That would probably be one of the best teams in the world - certainly better than England! :blink:

The commentators were talking about Catalunya's long-standing wish for independence from Spain, and that they want an officially recognised Catalunya international team.

That would probably be one of the best teams in the world - certainly better than England! :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia_national_football_team

Pretty damn good lineup - bit weaker up front though Krkic is a good prospect.

Currently it's Messi, and probably will be for some time - depending on how he copes with the pressure of being the world's best.

My favourite of all time is Maradona, he used to play during a time when the game maybe wasn't as quick as today, but the tackles were harder and the refereeing less strict. Very hard being a flair player back then. Not saying defenders aren't trying to take Messi out of the game by almost any means necessary but there are few proper hard men left these days.

Barcelona really do have some cracking players in Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. Pedro is tearing it up as well.

Archived