BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Br Charity Supporters 5 A-Side Competition

BLACKBURN ROVERS ANNUAL CHARITY 5 A-SIDE COMPETITION.

The annual supporters 5 a-side competition is upon us again and under the same circumstances, it will be taking place at the JJB Soccerdome, the day before the final game of the 2009/10, which is away to Aston Villa.

0,,10303~5282661,00.gif

All profits from this competition will be going towards the 'Former Players Association', and we will need all our players to give the same effort over the last few seasons and make a strong contribution to this cause. We will also be having a raffle and after speaking to the Foundation's representatives, then we could have some decent prizes up for grabs.

Details of the event are as follows:-

DATE:-

Saturday 8th May 2010

VENUE:-

Power League Soccerdome, Blackburn

ENTRY FEE:-

£10.00 per player. Includes entry into the competition & post match event, buffet, free raffle ticket.

PROPOSED ITINERARY TIME FOR VENUES:-

1200hrs

Meeting at JJB Soccerdome (handout of fixture lists, rules, team squads, photographs).

1300hrs - 1800hrs

Competition .

1945hrs

Meet in Blues Bar for a buffet, awards presentation along with Charity Auction & Raffle. There will also be a DJ providing the entertainment. A late licence can be applied for, therefore the bar can stay open until 0130 hours.

TEAMS TAKING PART

Blackburn Supporters - Andy Berry.

BBC Lancs.

BRIC.

Former Players Association.

Irish Rovers.

Lancs. Constabulary.

Northern Ireland Branch A.

Norwegian Branch 'A'.

Norwegian Branch 'B'.

The Kerimoğlus.

The Torrents.

PRIZES

Winning Team

Cup, Individual Medals for Players, trip to watch 1st team train at Brockhall

Raffle

Paul Robinson's Gloves, Squad signed Shirt, Squad signed Ball, plus other prizes

Auction

Paul Robinson's Shirt, Signed and Player worn shirts worn from 5 a-side competition

correct as of 08/04/2010, but more players and teams have yet to be confirmed and this will be up-dated in due course

If anyone has any queries, then please do not hesitate to contact me. This promises to be a very big day and the more interest that we can generate, then the more that we can achieve. I will be working on getting more prizes for the raffle and maybe something for the wooden Spoon. I will update with more progress, but I'm off to Alicante in a few hours and I will do my best to update this further. A dealing will be around the end of April for the entry of teams.

Oh for the days of 2005, when rubbish teams like this could win.

Witton.jpg

One playing barefoot!!!

It's like the beaches of Rio in Blackburn...

...or so you would think with the sand on Pleasy?

Oh for the days of 2005, when rubbish teams like this could win.

Witton.jpg

I was asking about this pic the other day. Legendary. Looking at it, there's no real evidence of the murderous hail that we played in. Also, I need to get that Sergio Ramos look back.

Any further interest on this. I have to let PowerLeague and Blackburn know the numbers on this. Along with the photo displayed, stick the team in and see if you can at least beat our challenge. We usually are fighting hand and foot to get out of the league.

Again plese let me know asap and support a great cause. Thanks.

Don't think I can enter a team this year but I'm available if anyone has space .

same here. so if anyone needs a keeper give us a shout

Dazman & SAS, PM me your contact details and I will sort you into teams.

Any idea of how to apply to join up??

Again PM me on this and I will send you further details and a followup phone call next weekend.

No chance I am coming up to Blackburn to then travel back down to the midlands the day after.

You´ve done it before. Ronny et all won´t be impressed, but after some dodgy goalkeeping then maybe he might be somewhat happier. Have you let him know yet¿

You´ve done it before. Ronny et all won´t be impressed, but after some dodgy goalkeeping then maybe he might be somewhat happier. Have you let him know yet¿

Not for an away game on my doorstep. I can think of better ways to blow £100.

For dodgy keeping you should look closer to home. Still the proud keeper of 2 consistant title winning powerleague teams :D

I spoke to someone about it. Gutted. If it had been a home weekend it wouldn't have been an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone letting me know about their availability or non-availability to stand.

I´m still in Alicante and had endured a nitemare to get home. Should be back on Sunday 25th April and will get back on confirming team numbers and everything else.

Thanks again for your support and please if in the slightest bit interested, then let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just letting you all know that the finishing touches are being put to this event. There are still a limited number of places if you wish to enter a team or if you aren't that fortunate and you want to play, then please let me know and I will be able to get you a team.

If anyone is looking to purchase a few tickets for the raffle, then please PM me. (£1 each - Paul Robinsons Shirt, Paul Robinsons Gloves, Signed Shirt, Signed Ball amongst other items). You can purchase through me or alternatively purchase at the PowerLeague Soccerdome or indeed at the Blues Bar on Saturday 8th May 2010.

I will send you further details on the post match presentation and you all are more than welcome to attend to celebrate the end of a faily successful season. Any problems, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

rover_groo

Well done to the Norway Supporters for winning back the trophy after a couple of barren years as beaten finalists!! Dazmaz off this MB was their keeper as the token non-Norwegian and made a great save during the penalty shootout to secure that win in the final against Radio Lancashire.

And as always a big thanks to rover_groo (Simon) who manages to organise this thing from across the water in Northern Ireland, make money for a charitable cause and play in the event whilst selling raffle tickets and running the show. Even greater effort required this year due to being stuck abroad due to the volcanic ash.

Many thanks Simon, and well done Norway. rover.gif

Well done to the Norway Supporters for winning back the trophy after a couple of barren years as beaten finalists!! Dazmaz off this MB was their keeper as the token non-Norwegian and made a great save during the penalty shootout to secure that win in the final against Radio Lancashire.

And as always a big thanks to rover_groo (Simon) who manages to organise this thing from across the water in Northern Ireland, make money for a charitable cause and play in the event whilst selling raffle tickets and running the show. Even greater effort required this year due to being stuck abroad due to the volcanic ash.

Many thanks Simon, and well done Norway. rover.gif

thanks for the mention Tris. have to say couldn't of won it without the Norwegian guys attacking class (Pedersen look in envy) fantastic competition and I really did enjoy the whole thing and im sure may others did. well played by all and unlucky to the BBC radio lancs guys who lost by penalties in the final. and a huge thanks to Simon for arranging it all

It's amazing how fortunes can change with a good keeper!

Wasn't able to make it this year, but I can say from the past that Simon does an amazing job putting everything together and making everyone feel welcome.

I had the good fortune to meet one of the NI guys yesterday thumbs-up.gif

Did Nidge play again this year?

Yeah Nidge played in a team called Old Gits ... they did well, got to the semis I think (might have been quarters) and went out on pens to Radio Lancs.

Yeah Nidge played in a team called Old Gits ... they did well, got to the semis I think (might have been quarters) and went out on pens to Radio Lancs.

that would of been the semis then

Archived