BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Home Game

Sick to frigging death of this. Absolutely no consideration for the fans. ESPN or whoever come along waving their cash in the club's face and we bow and scrape to their every demand. I really am sick to death of this. The only games you can rely on being at a decent time are the ones no one wants to watch. It's time to let us all in for free because the club, PL and TV people couldn't give two hoots about the customer.

There is no longer any point in being a season ticket holder. Not a single Saturday home game in 2010 till Everton

Course they care - but £500k or whatever, is a hell of alot of money to clubs like us.... See it more of a good thing that TV want to include us in their schedule - if we were playing bad then they wouldnt of picked it as they wouldnt see a potential slip up!

There is no longer any point in being a season ticket holder. Not a single Saturday home game in 2010 till Everton

When I made this post I knew the reaction it would receive, also knew who would be amongst the first to respond with the usual "it's loads of dosh for the club" arguement. I'd like to put a few points up on this general subject. I didn't go to Burnley, I had tickets, no doubt some will say I stopped "genuine" fans from attending, well I gave away my tickets to genuine fans. That's gave, no cash involved. Why didn't I go, read the post below:

5pm on a bank holiday - full day drinking and then take Tuesday off, sounds like a plan to me

Not blaming you Hughesy but the simple fact is because the authorities are unable to control those who want "a full day drinking" before watching a football match ridiculous restrictions are placed on the support. In order to watch Burnley - Rovers I had to agree to subject my son to conditions he would not be able to cope with, have our civil liberties curtailed and be herded like an animal in conditons which would have the RSPCA up in arms. Anybody like to explain to me why I should not be angry and annoyed about this? It needs a bit more than the usual lines which we can all trot out. Think about it and give me a valid arguement. I want to get in my car, drive to Burnley and watch football. I strongly object to the appalling manner in which the fans where treated

A season ticket used to be close to a badge of honour, partly you bought one to support the club financially when it had no income. It was doing your bit. Today a season ticket has been totally devalued. I shall renew because it's a cheap option, so cheap if I don't go it doesn't matter. It becomes more and more difficult to attend games, of course it's always the decent matches that are moved. We are left with Stoke or whoever at home. STs are supposed to fill the ground but there is an opposite effect created by the club's policy - buy one becuase you only need to use it 6-7 times to make it worthwhile.

The clubs, PLEASE note the plural, TV, the PL and the FA could not give a monkey's about the support in the ground. We are wall paper, the back drop, the back ground music to the global event. On occassions I have to listen to complete and utter idiots like Alan Green, who leeches a living off the game, criticise supporters for being quiet or not turning up. So yes I am angry, annoyed, frustrated but most of all I am REJECTED by the game I have watched for more than 40 years as it continues it's relentless persuit of the global TV audience. Recently I've had to miss Burnley, United, I'll almost certainly miss Arsenal. Next season there will be other games I shall miss, some of them through choice because the feelings of rejection are strong enough to make football a take it or leave it second choice. Live football supportes are not needed by the game, we are treated appallingly and I for one am increasingly voting with my feet.

Many posters on here say they only attend a few games despite having an ST. Those numbers will grow, which is far from healthy. 5.00pm on a Monday afternoon, it stinks........but at least the club will pocket another £000k, I'm deeply consoled.

Sick to frigging death of this. Absolutely no consideration for the fans. ESPN or whoever come along waving their cash in the club's face and we bow and scrape to their every demand. I really am sick to death of this. The only games you can rely on being at a decent time are the ones no one wants to watch. It's time to let us all in for free because the club, PL and TV people couldn't give two hoots about the customer.

Well I agree with Paul.

Whilst I cant complain about Rovers ticket prices, the rescheduling of games caused by tv coverage has restricted my attendance this season.

For this reason and the lack of entertainment I wont be renewing my season ticket next season.

I think I more or less agree with Paul and Alan, although not to the extent that I'm questioning whether to buy a season ticket next year or to not bothering to go some times when I can. The only time that's happened for me was the away game at Burnley. I had assumed all season that I wouldn't be able to go as I should have been in Chile, but that trip was postponed because of the earthquake. I then out of habit more than anything bought a ticket for the game but the more I thought about it the less enthused I was at the idea of getting to Ewood at 9 and spending all day either on a coach or in a ground with no facilities and probably in a hostile environment with a high possibility of trouble. That didn't seem like much fun to me so I gave my ticket back for someone else to have and went away for the weekend instead.

I'll be at the Arsenal game, although it has stopped the option of a long weekend on the boat - luckily I'm on the boat in the two weekends in between anyway. This has paradoxically been the first season when I have not missed a home game for years, possibly ever - I usually have had to miss a few for work or holidays.

I think some of the frustration with games moving this season has been circumstance - hardly any home games were moved for TV before Christmas but there have been loads since, so right now it seems very annoying.

The overall point about fans' interests not being taken into account is clearly valid, although I don't think it can be made on Rovers as much as others - they have reacted with both cheap ST prices and packaging up the "lesser' games for very keen walk-on prices and have helped to improve the matchday atmosphere by opening up the Darwen End. I presume they have little control on what matches are selected and when they are played, having collectively agreed to sell the product to the highest bidder - I think that monkey went out of the bag a long time ago.

Well I agree with Paul.

Whilst I cant complain about Rovers ticket prices, the rescheduling of games caused by tv coverage has restricted my attendance this season.

For this reason and the lack of entertainment I wont be renewing my season ticket next season.

Lack of entertainment?! I am entertained by my small town club holding their all in the league of the giants, of course that does'nt compare to playing 'football the right way' and inevitable relegation and financial armageddon!

Sure you will come out with the 'I will pick my games' cliche, that's up to you, but by doing so you will be out of pocket if you went to just SIX category A games!

My solution is that games after Xmas should just state 'weekend of...', I know when I look at a fixture list in November that a game in March showing 'Saturday 3PM' could be moved in the new year, obviously some fans don't seem to grasp that.

Having a season ticket is a badge of honour, supporting Blackburn Rovers is also an honour, this club is at the forefront of bringing football back to reasonable prices for all.

8 or 9 games a season not being played at the hallowed time of 3pm is a p*** poor excuse for giving up.

Lack of entertainment?! I am entertained by my small town club holding their all in the league of the giants, of course that does'nt compare to playing 'football the right way' and inevitable relegation and financial armageddon!

Sure you will come out with the 'I will pick my games' cliche, that's up to you, but by doing so you will be out of pocket if you went to just SIX category A games!

My solution is that games after Xmas should just state 'weekend of...', I know when I look at a fixture list in November that a game in March showing 'Saturday 3PM' could be moved in the new year, obviously some fans don't seem to grasp that.

Having a season ticket is a badge of honour, supporting Blackburn Rovers is also an honour, this club is at the forefront of bringing football back to reasonable prices for all.

8 or 9 games a season not being played at the hallowed time of 3pm is a p*** poor excuse for giving up.

To be frank, the Premier League has sold it's 'product' to the highest bidders. They pick the games and the times they want to show the games. We get extra money in the coffers once the alloted games have been seen. The only solution, one which does not sit well with the average fan and that is backed up by statistics season after season, is to televise games at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. In the long run, doing that may well be to our advantage as we see more and more games televised.

Sky (and I would guess every other interested broadcasting party) wants to see games televised at 3pm on Saturday. They've wanted it for years as it would generate a lot of revenue for them. The fans have always had the final say with the Premier League on it which is why it hasn't happened in this country yet. In the mean-time, more and more games get moved. Inevitably, the fans will concede that games at 3pm on a Saturday aren't as sacrosanct as they once were and allow Sky to televise one game at that time. No doubt Sky would love to use their multi-game technology to televise all games and will press for it but I can't see that getting past the fans just yet.

Well put Mattyblue. My thoughts exactly.

i can see why people aint happy about the fixture change but come on if you want to go you will do!

with all the fixture changes and weeknight games we have had this year i havnt missed one home game and that is coming from london aswell!!

i could book trains in advance and get them cheap but because the fixtures change so much i dont bother with them so drive up instead!

at the end of the day if you want to go you will!

only serious problem i see is fans over seas with flights or people further away booking trains/hotels that are non refundable!

theres a rovers fan coming over from germany for the arsenal game and he leaves on sunday night recon he will be fairly gutted!! and if i was him id be onto the club to get them to pay for my return flight to be changed!

I think much of this thread proves that we have made lots of progress and there is a vast improvement on earlier in the season as people are limited to having a right good whine about the game being moved... to... BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY!!!! Fair enough some people have to work but we all understand when we buy our season tickets that games against the big boys are highly likely to get moved.

Also with it now being a bank holiday...I would of expected more people to be 'off' work and therefore free to attend. Could be a positive thing for the attendance!

At the end of the day - the extra £500k or whatever it is the club receives is critical to help us progress in future.

All fixtures are subject to change...its been like that for years!

The only solution, one which does not sit well with the average fan and that is backed up by statistics season after season, is to televise games at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. In the long run, doing that may well be to our advantage as we see more and more games televised.

They can put the whole league programme on the telly at 3.00pm Saturday IMV. I would never miss a home game because of that, however I do miss, and will miss more, home games because the fixtures are moved.

I fully understand peoples dissapointment with any fixture change, I've only got to one game after the new year, and that was against Utd, but my season ticket is still worth it. It's value for money, I have the option to give it to friends and family when i can't use it and I get to sit with the same people week in week out.

However i dont understand why some people have compalined that it's ruined a whole weekend? (many on the LET website) surely a move from Saturday at 3 to Monday at 5 has opened up the option of people taking a long weekend allowing them almost 3 whole days before the game, where as a saturday at 3 would have split that up.

its what the club has to do to compete in this league, if people aren't happy with the club 'taking ' the money then what would people like? a season ticket costing £1000 per adult instead of fixture changes? a club in the championship, with a poor quality of football and £500 season tickets?

The club can't win, season ticket holders dropped so the club made a brave move to reduce prices heavily, everyone was aware how the club could achieve this and everyone was happy, a few seasons in and people have forgot why our tickets are so cheap.

Sick to frigging death of this. Absolutely no consideration for the fans. ESPN or whoever come along waving their cash in the club's face and we bow and scrape to their every demandI really am sick to death of this.

You can`t blame the club Paul. They and EVERY other premier league club get told when to play their games.....by the paymasters.

That`s why being in the Prem is worth £millions every year.

Indeed things could be a hell of a lot worse. You could support North End and have most of your matches on a Saturday at 3 but you would be paying a minimum £365 for a ST next season and having to put with some of the football they have been playing. If you think Rovers fans moan you should hear some of them.

I think Homer Simpson would have caught on by now.

You might be right. I reckon it's because Hughesy writes as he speaks. I know where the 'of' versus 'have' thing comes from and it's words like 'must've' and 'should've' that have done it. Why he doesn't get it is beyond me though...

Great post Mattyblue i agree with every word , i work at the ground on matchdays i also have a "proper job"all this moving of dates etc requires a fair bit of planning and sneaking out of work early but hey you wont get any moaning from me every changed date is more cash for rovers which means better players for rovers etc i just love BRFC and i love working there hell im more than happy to do it for nothing but they even pay me, we all need to do our bit, together we are stronger both on and off the pitch

Archived