BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential European Qualification

This might be interesting. All the teams above us in the fair play league have a chance of qualifying for Europe by means other than the fair play league. That would leave us as the remaining fairest team. Fulham would have to win the Europa league (and be allowed entry next season as holders, if this is the case).

It would be a ludicrous way of qualifying.

Thoughts?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/fairplay?league=eng.1&seasontype=4&cc=5739

This might be interesting. All the teams above us in the fair play league have a chance of qualifying for Europe by means other than the fair play league. That would leave us as the remaining fairest team. Fulham would have to win the Europa league (and be allowed entry next season as holders, if this is the case).

Thoughts?

Even more ludicrous if Burnley pipped us to it! :lol:

Thoughts?

It would be ludicrous for us, we normally finish rock bottom of that league!

I would definately take it though!!

Is there a special UEFA one?

There is an official one I've seen somewhere that takes into account player behaviour, club bahaviour, respecting the ref and stuff like that. I think thats the one that is compiled for the fairplay places.

Edit - yep thats the one Rovers1995

On the subject of European qualification, both the BBC and SKY are reporting that Pompey are going to appeal against their European football license ban in order to play in the Europa league next season as they will automatically qualify with Chelsea already going to be playing Champions League.

I was sure that from this season the runners up of the FA cup no longer qualified for uefa football in the event that the winners have already qualified. The FA cup place will now go to the next best finish in the league.

Has this rule been overturned or have I just imagined the whole thing??

On the subject of European qualification, both the BBC and SKY are reporting that Pompey are going to appeal against their European football license ban in order to play in the Europa league next season as they will automatically qualify with Chelsea already going to be playing Champions League.

I was sure that from this season the runners up of the FA cup no longer qualified for uefa football in the event that the winners have already qualified. The FA cup place will now go to the next best finish in the league.

You also have to have a financial licence as Pompy do not have one and are appealing and will not be allowed into Europe next year. Wet spam don’t have one either, not sure on the singles though.

Surely Pompey can't win their appeal, but a couple of week old story from Everton's official site states the following:

The FA have confirmed the below:

* If the winner of the the FA Cup qualifies for the Champions League, the domestic cup runner-up qualifies for the Europa League.

* Should both the winner and the runner-up of the domestic cup qualify for the Champions League, the domestic cup Europa League place would revert to the League

* If the FA Cup winners have already qualified for the Europa League via the league, the Europa League position reserved for the domestic cup winner would revert to the League.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/03/29/european-places-guide

So either that's old info or the "Europa League is for cup-winners only" -story never realized.

it really annoys me when i see that 'fair play' table. You just have to look at the man utd scores to see its quite clearly bias. How Man U can score highly in respect for officials or behaviour of club officials is a complete joke. They are well known for the surrounding of the referee, never showing respect to opponents or the ref. And RFW is always complaining about standards of refs so to have such a high B/O is completely wrong.

Surely Pompey can't win their appeal, but a couple of week old story from Everton's official site states the following:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/03/29/european-places-guide

So either that's old info or the "Europa League is for cup-winners only" -story never realized.

cheers for that, must have been confusing the final point of if the winners have already qualified for the Europa league with qualifying for the champions league.

Archived