BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preason 2010

I know this is early, as we still have several matches left this year, plus a summer of the World Cup, transfer speculation (with or without the Nicko pariahs), and whatever other scandals, takeover rumours, tales of Vinjay, etc to deal with...

but as I posted in the Rovers in the US thread, there are already very strong rumours that Rovers are coming back to the USA and to Washington, DC in particular in early August as there are plans underway to schedule a friendly against DC United (Nelsen's former club).

Figured we may as well beginning speculating/planning/despairing/etc now

if this does pan out, as I live in DC, and am familiar with the US supporters and the DC United front office, I'll offer my planning services, such as they are, to help all who come out enjoy their time.

United is also in talks concerning two additional friendlies against European clubs: Glasgow Rangers in July and Blackburn Rovers in August. DCU will also play El Salvador's national team in a charity match this summer.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I propose a friendly against Feyenoord or Ajax!

Amsterdam in the summer is pure bliss!

Talking about them two, they have both reached the cup final. And for the first time they've playing the cup final over 2 legs, because away fans are banned from each others ground for 5 years, so they didn't want them to meet at the cup final.And we think Rovers v Burnley is bad!

I'm not going to have much money from preason left unfortunately, but could be persuaded if it was somewhere close like Germany!

• 2 weeks later...

We always play a game at home prior to the season kicking off, the last couple if years we have had regular average teams coming over.

I do remember we played Lazio one year and if I'm not wrong Barca another.

It would be good to see a team of that calibre.

We always play a game at home prior to the season kicking off, the last couple if years we have had regular average teams coming over.

I do remember we played Lazio one year and if I'm not wrong Barca another.

It would be good to see a team of that calibre.

There is no guarantee that we will have a pre-season home game this year.

From Steve Goff's afternoon blog:

*United's negotiations with Blackburn Rovers for a friendly in early August at RFK fell through and DCU is exploring other options, the Insider has learned. United is already set to play AC Milan on May 26 and Glasgow Rangers on July 24.

there goes that one

Archived