BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preason 2010

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a date? If correct that would be a cracking pre-season game.

Nothing confirmed as yet, but possible date is Sunday after the Hearts game on the Saturday.

If it is Celtic, I hope they look better than they did over here in Philly last week, if they play like they did over here, its really not any more of a challenge than what the likes of Southport offer.

Though I did get a good laugh when 2 of their fans lit themselves on fire lighting a flare (at a friendly) and then got arrested. Hard to get away with the "it wasn't me routine" it when you and your clothes are burned to hell.

I'm wondering if all this hit them hard type training is too much for some of our players.

Heavy session in the morning, game in the evening, Olsson injured. Kalinic pulled up with one the other day as did Samba, perhaps its all too much too soon for some of the lads.

Does seem the coaching staff are working the players extremely hard. Also instead of building up their match fitness, they are being played for most of the game if not all the 90 minutes.

Pre-season seems quite arduous this time around especially if you take into account all the travelling.

Does seem the coaching staff are working the players extremely hard. Also instead of building up their match fitness, they are being played for most of the game if not all the 90 minutes.

Pre-season seems quite arduous this time around especially if you take into account all the travelling.

Its a serious balancing act, overtraining is just as bad as under training. The travelling doesn't help your body goes out of sync. That's why I'm surprised we are going to Australia so close to the start of the season, guess the money must be good.

Its all about peaking for that first game and I know in the past at Notlob Sam had some shocking pre-seasons, that resulted in very good starts. But a heavy session and then a game seems extreme to me, especially on the back of Austria and a game the other day. No recovery time for the lads at present it would seem.

Its the injuries that really worry me as that's the one thing we cannot afford.

Having watched that debacle last night, I wondered what had happened to Diouf? I'm by no means his biggest fan but I recall he wasn't involved at all in the squads towards the end of last season, wasn't there at the walk round after the Arsenal game and to my knowledge hasn't featured at all in pre season.

There's been no news of an injury so does anyone have any idea where he is? I remember reading about a pending court case in Senegal, could this be the reason for his absence?

Looking at who you have unavailable and who played last night, I assume it will be mainly your youth/ressies tonight?

We are 9/4 to win which are quite long when you consider it could be our first team against your youth.

Certainly Radio Lancs said yesterday tonight's game was more of a b team affair than last night's.

Having watched that debacle last night, I wondered what had happened to Diouf? I'm by no means his biggest fan but I recall he wasn't involved at all in the squads towards the end of last season, wasn't there at the walk round after the Arsenal game and to my knowledge hasn't featured at all in pre season.

There's been no news of an injury so does anyone have any idea where he is? I remember reading about a pending court case in Senegal, could this be the reason for his absence?

Played against Sturm Graz.

Archived