BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preason 2010

There is no guarantee that we will have a pre-season home game this year.

I dont suppose there is any year is there?

But we always seem to end up with one, i'm going for some second rate german team this season.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope someone reads these boards. 1 friendly I would like to see us play a bit of a long shot a pre-season friendly with Leyton Orient. All I would have to do is fall out of bed and I would be there!. I wonder what the rest of the East London Rovers think also with Doran on loan there would give us a chance to see how far he has progressed.

From Steve Goff's afternoon blog:

*United's negotiations with Blackburn Rovers for a friendly in early August at RFK fell through and DCU is exploring other options, the Insider has learned. United is already set to play AC Milan on May 26 and Glasgow Rangers on July 24.

there goes that one

Realistically, early August was too late for us. We tend to have a home match against a continental opponent on that date if at all possible. Had Rovers been offered the date Rangers got (July 24), I think we might have seen this come to fruition.

I dont suppose there is any year is there?

But we always seem to end up with one, i'm going for some second rate german team this season.

But the point was specifically made at the Fans Forum last week that there may not be one this year.

Last year Celtic played against Brisbane Roar and this year Everton have already been confirmed as one pre-season game.... hoping Rovers will be the other!!!!

Come to sunny Queensland lads - winter here will be better than summer in East Lancs and the facilities at the Suncorp stadium are first class!!

Has there been any confirmation where we will be going pre season?

And if we are having a game at home just before the league starts eg Hibs last season?

Not since my last post a few days ago, no. Have a bit of patience.

Abit more on the above.........

SYDNEY MORNING HERALD:

Sport: Sydney FC are on the brink of announcing a high profile friendly tournament with Rangers, Boca Juniors and Blackburn Rovers for a four-team event in July.

Abit more on the above.........

SYDNEY MORNING HERALD:

Sport: Sydney FC are on the brink of announcing a high profile friendly tournament with Rangers, Boca Juniors and Blackburn Rovers for a four-team event in July.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/boca-rangers-line-up-for-sydney-fc-20100509-ulv4.html

Now that would be sweet!

If Mohammed won't come to the mountain then.....!

are Ewood Blues running a bus for this one?

Seriously though is anyone thinking of going down under for a week or so?

You need at least 2 weeks there if you're travelling that distance to be honest, so no. Looks great though for our Aussie fans.

This certainly fits in with what was mentioned at the Fans Forum 2 weeks ago but which I didn't minute as it was still by no means agreed at the time (and I suppose still might not be). There was mention of a tournament in Australia with Rovers, Boca Juniors, an Australian team and I thought a South African team but maybe Rangers have been added. At the time that was the favourite ahead of a US tour.

Archived