BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preason 2010

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd all be better off staying in Glasgow - its a very short train journey from Edinburgh and a much better city than its reputation would have you believe

Eh? If you prefer shops to pubs then Glasgae is certainly for you.

Eh? If you prefer shops to pubs then Glasgae is certainly for you.

Having lived here for 15 years I would disagree with you - there are some cracking boozers in Glasgow too and they won't be full of festival goers, plus you won't get ripped off too much on hotel prices either.

I'd prefer to go to PNE away with 3,000 Rovers fans than watch Rovers at home to Nomark FC in front of 5,000 in Ewood.

5,000 if you're lucky!

Rovers probably make a loss on pre-season home games so haven't bothered, who can blame them!

Just been looking at train fares for Hearts away. You can get a day return for £22 to Edinburgh arriving at around 1100 and not having to leave Edinburgh until just before 7pm. Plenty of time for a good session.

Tynecastle is only 10 mins away from the railway station with plenty of bars in the area.

Sorted mine out yesterday - didnt realise Glasgow was so close, so some of the family are coming to the game too I think.

Glasgow on the friday night, Edinburgh on the saturday

There'll be plenty of Rovers fans in Glasgow on the Friday night - many of my friends and family are coming up - we should sort out a reccy

Just been looking at train fares for Hearts away. You can get a day return for £22 to Edinburgh arriving at around 1100 and not having to leave Edinburgh until just before 7pm. Plenty of time for a good session.

Tynecastle is only 10 mins away from the railway station with plenty of bars in the area.

I know a few Hearts fans - I'll speak to them tomorrow and post the p[ubs to avoid and the ones to frequent

You'd all be better off staying in Glasgow - its a very short train journey from Edinburgh and a much better city than its reputation would have you believe

I can confirm this. Glasgow is a very good night out, very similar to Manchester city centre. 50 mins from Edinburgh by train and about £18 return. Plenty of choice for hotels from Eurohostel to the Hilton. Book early though because demand will be high due to overspill from the Edinburgh Fringe.

Would be good to see the Rovers Hordes in Glesga again.

I can confirm this. Glasgow is a very good night out, very similar to Manchester city centre. 50 mins from Edinburgh by train and about £18 return. Plenty of choice for hotels from Eurohostel to the Hilton. Book early though because demand will be high due to overspill from the Edinburgh Fringe.

Would be good to see the Rovers Hordes in Glesga again.

Train might be slightly cheaper than that on a Saturday. Thankfully my work pays for mine as I have to travel between the 2 cities constantly :)

Pub details for the Hearts game:

The Diggers (or its official name - the Athletic Arms) at the top of Ardmillan Terrace - a traditional Hearts pub and well known by its nick name.

The Caledonian Ale House in Angle Park Terrace - nice and they do decent food.

Both are 5 minutes walk from the ground

However - stay clear of Robertson's Bar on Gorgie Road (next to the city farm) unless of course you want a fight and Stratford's (Stratties) at the foot of Stewart Terrace - it's filthy.

gutted im already on my hols for the hearts v rovers game, hearts are my scottish team. I recommend to anybody to go to this game if you get the chance. I went to the most recent hearts hibs game at tynecastle and had a cracking time. Edinburgh is a fantastic place. The ground is only 15 minutes walk from all the pubs in the centre (royal mile/ rose st, george st). There are some decent boozers near the ground, the athletic arms(already mentioned in this forum) springs to mind.

day returns can be as little as £3.50 if you oick the right trains or aroiund a tenner from Glasgow to Edinburgh.

Am already looking forward to the day out.

On a side issue

I believe prices for the nobenders game are a tenner a ticket for Rovers fans.

Guest Kamy100

Sam has told the Lancashire Telegraph that the players are back for pre-season training on Monday, that is earlier than the majority of Premier League Clubs. Most of the players have been working individually with the fitness coach over the last few weeks, they have strict targets that they have to meet. Sam wants the team to "hit the ground running".

Sam has told the Lancashire Telegraph that the players are back for pre-season training on Monday, that is earlier than the majority of Premier League Clubs. Most of the players have been working individually with the fitness coach over the last few weeks, they have strict targets that they have to meet. Sam wants the team to "hit the ground running".

From the same article Sam says "It was very exciting for the teams we are playing and the money we were getting. It is a bit far but based on the teams we are playing and the money we are getting, and the timing, it was right for us"

Wonder how much and where it will go?.

Archived