BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh Lancy Lancy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missing the semi tomorrow cos of work, gutted.

Anyway, I'm looking for an old original cricket bat. In this order

1. Gray Nicholls GN 500 Twin Scoop

2. Gray Nicholls GN 100 Single Scoop

3. SS Jumbo

4. Duncan Fearnly Magnum

5. Slaz V12

If anybody has any of these bats, mostly from the 80s and would like to get rid of it then please let me know.

Ozz

One like this, not a re-issue.

%28BAT%292007jumbo_small.gif

But not at these prices.

and Jimmy Anderson can bowl in Warks 2nd innings

2-85 in our slightly fretful victory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hail and farewell Freddie, a true Lancashire lad and a fantastic player for England.

Anyone who beats the Aussies on his own like he did deserves a knighthood.

Anyone who can eat 3 full courses inc sticky toffe pud before finishing off with a couple of packets of crisps and during the entire process trough something like a gallon and a half of Guinness without batting an eyelid deserves to be addressed with due respect. :tu:

Just watched a good montage of his career on sky sports news, great player

"not bad for a fat lad"

I'm not a cricket follower though I do enjoy the odd trip to OT. Flintoff has always struck me as an example of a sportsman in the headlines for the wrong reasons and who from the outside seems to have largely wasted his talent. He seems more interested in beer than cricket. Why is hd seen as a hero?

Even non cricket followers but someone vaguely interested in sport would have been aware of Flintoff's exploits in the Ashes-winng series of 2005 and 2009 plus his sundry other heroics for England over the years - a match-saving innings against South Africa at Lord's many seasons ago spings to mind. Flintoff has been unlucky with injuries some of which might have been down to his lifestyle and eating / drinking habits but he can be regarded if not quite in Botham's class but certainly one of the great all-rounders. I gladly paid money to watch him - and I don't say that of many cricketers.

Good of Lancs to hand the county championship trophy on a plate to Notts yesterday - I'm sure Somerset were delighted. The wait goes on .....

Fred's England heroics are well documented, but from a Lancs point of view, the highlight was surely his 135 NO against Surrey in a Nat West Semi or Quarter final about 10 years ago. I watch ed it on the telly, and David Gower described it as The Most Awesome Innings he had ever seen, or similar.

His drinking and general consumption were not the reason for his interrupted career-his poor foot placing at the bowling crease caused his knees to become knackered far too often. Brilliant bowler, superb hitter of the ball, almost unequalled-a rare performer.

• 7 months later...

Two wins from two, both by an innings from Lancashire who are top of the table at Aigburth. BBC Preview of Lancs season is here. Maharoof has got a ton already and is our only official overseas player this season, hopefully he can stay the whole summer and not be called off left right and centre. We need stability with our small squad and a good team spirit will help us counteract that.

If you Tweet you get almost ball by ball updates from Lancs games from @LancsCCC.

Two wins from two, both by an innings from Lancashire who are top of the table at Aigburth. BBC Preview of Lancs season is here. Maharoof has got a ton already and is our only official overseas player this season, hopefully he can stay the whole summer and not be called off left right and centre. We need stability with our small squad and a good team spirit will help us counteract that.

If you Tweet you get almost ball by ball updates from Lancs games from @LancsCCC.

A great start, hopefuly they can keep it up, although an injury or two will show the depth up. Anderson is due a couple of 4 day games though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two great wins from two in the T20 this week for Lancs, both live on Sky. (Making the most of my Sky Sports subscription before it runs out after I cancelled it...). Where the hell has Junaid Khan been? What a superstar he was.

Bit weird watching the cricket at Old Trafford with the pitch turned round, after all those years of seeing it as it was it is taking some getting used to the view from the Pavillion end and opposite side. (Statham end?)

Got to win something this season really.

Two great wins from two in the T20 this week for Lancs, both live on Sky. (Making the most of my Sky Sports subscription before it runs out after I cancelled it...). Where the hell has Junaid Khan been? What a superstar he was.

Bit weird watching the cricket at Old Trafford with the pitch turned round, after all those years of seeing it as it was it is taking some getting used to the view from the Pavillion end and opposite side. (Statham end?)

Got to win something this season really.

Junaid Khan is just a kid having only played a handful of games for the Pakistan senior team. Has a long bright future ahead of him and hopefully with some strength training he can push up from 80-85mph to pushing nearer 90mph to add to his armoury. What a great last over he bowled a few days ago.

Two great wins from two in the T20 this week for Lancs, both live on Sky.

It's 3 in 3 this week Oz, with the win on Sunday as well, although it wasn't on the telly. I went to both the home games, finding myself in Manchester on Sunday with some time on my hands and making the effort last night to go from home.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived