SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh Lancy Lancy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 game left, Somerset away - I think.

Correct, starting on Monday.

Sky Sports will be showing one game from the final round of fixtures in full (M-Tu-W-Th) ... it's still showing as TBC v TBC on their website, but I'm resigned to the fact that as Warwickshire travel to Hampshire (who can possibly avoid relegation with a win) Sky will go for that game which has implications at both ends of the table.

Still live in hope though, and if they do send the cameras to Taunton then I might be "working from home" for most of this week :brfcsmilie:

Gav and I even discussed going down to Taunton for it, unfortunately not now possible but what a week in prospect even watching from afar ... come on Lancs, come on Hants ... what a stunning achievement this would be.

I think Lancs should close O.T. and move to Aigburth permanently ;) . There's no doubt it's helped to play on result pitches.

This has got a feeling of deja vous about it but they've done well considering a cull of the squad at the end of last season and the lack of a major overseas star, (no disrespect to Maharoof).

If we were 3 points ahead we'd be happy for it to rain at both grounds but now we need to get out there and win.

Somerset are no mugs, especially with the bat, but have little to play for and,(hopefully),will have one eye on the one day final next weekend.

On the plus side Hants still have a chance of staying up so have their own motivation for beating Warwicks.

By my reckoning if both sides finish level we will be the champs on the basis that we did better in the head to heads.

Come on Lancy :tu:

Well it couldn't have gone much worse for Lancs today ... Chapple injured, Somerset heading for a big total, and bloody Hampshire fielders putting down 5 catches to leave Warwickshire with the perfect platform to get maximum points. :angry2:

Still very much up in the air, Lancs fought back well today, must get to 400 then swing the bat. I think it is an advantage that Lancs bat last, whatever Somerset set them they can have a go at as a draw will probably not be enough on bonus points, even 200 in a session and a half could be done. The Warwicks game seems well behind on time, just 1 innings completed in 2 days, they need 20 wickets in 2 days to win, Hants are rubbish but.....

Archived