BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh Lancy Lancy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the story with bonus points? So far Lancashire have 5 and Warwickshire 6 - with there being only 3 overall difference at the start.

Is it still possible both could win and Lancs still overhaul Warks?

Lancs now need to win and hope Warks don't win. We needed a three point swing to us in bonus points if both games ended in the result. (Bonus points only awarded in first innings)

Checked the weather for both grounds and neither has any rain forecast, so it's all down to Hampshire's batting showing some backbone for the whole of tomorrow, as I think Lancs should win their game.

Lancs now need to win and hope Warks don't win. We needed a three point swing to us in bonus points if both games ended in the result. (Bonus points only awarded in first innings)

Checked the weather for both grounds and neither has any rain forecast, so it's all down to Hampshire's batting showing some backbone for the whole of tomorrow, as I think Lancs should win their game.

If Hampshire still had something to play for, I could see it, now they are relegated I think they'll have collapsed long before Tea.

If Hampshire still had something to play for, I could see it, now they are relegated I think they'll have collapsed long before Tea.

Yeah, I would agree with this. Its a long shot, but games of cricket have not been won from better positions than Warks are currently in, so fingers crossed. It would be gut-wrenching to win 10 out of 16 and still not be champions.

Well at the moment hamps only have three wickets down and trail by 40 runs, on a wicket that's doing nothing. Chances are - touch wood - that Warwicks will have to bat again and could face a decent total, even if they get all 10 Hamps wickets.

Not over yet.

I'm having Kittens here, due to interview Steve Kean at 2.30pm yet all I can think is the cricket. Hampshire fighting really hard, hopefully they continue to do so during the afternoon. Lancs need to get these last 2 wickets as quickly as possible, that will really ratchet the pressure on Warks.

Busy afternoon ahead with the Kean interview etc so going to attempt to focus on that and not look at the score until 6ish! Hopefully I get a pleasant surprise!

Still a flat pitch, modern players have no issue with getting 211 in 30 overs, Warwickshire can't get a breakthrough.

COME ON!!!!

County cricket is a bit different Matty. Somerset can put 9 men on the boundary if they need to.

Nail biter.

Busy afternoon ahead with the Kean interview etc so going to attempt to focus on that and not look at the score until 6ish! Hopefully I get a pleasant surprise!

Kean quits? Oh, I see.

Still a flat pitch, modern players have no issue with getting 211 in 30 overs, Warwickshire can't get a breakthrough.

COME ON!!!!

No issue? Miracles happen, but really, how often do you see run rates of 7.03 in the fourth inning of a game?

Even in ODI's, a 7.03+ R/R has only been achieved 50 times, so in about 1% of all innings.

Still very much up in the air, Lancs fought back well today, must get to 400 then swing the bat. I think it is an advantage that Lancs bat last, whatever Somerset set them they can have a go at as a draw will probably not be enough on bonus points, even 200 in a session and a half could be done. The Warwicks game seems well behind on time, just 1 innings completed in 2 days, they need 20 wickets in 2 days to win, Hants are rubbish but.....

Not too bad a prediction ...... :unsure:

Archived