BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oh Lancy Lancy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left work at 3.45 - had to get Radio 5 Sports Extra commentary on because I couldn't stand pressing F5 every 30 seconds any more to refresh the scores!!

Best drive home ever, I was just heading out of Rivington village over the cattle grid towards Winter Hill when they scored the winning runs ... I had to stop the car at the top of the hill (1) cos I couldn't see out of my eyes clearly when they interviewed Watkinson and (2) to enjoy the fantastic view of our county stretching out to the Irish Sea.

What a roller coaster ride it's been, and a Championship win that typifies everything I love about Lancashire - cricket team and place to live.

Congratulations to Lancashire - we've had better teams and more talented players in the past but Peter Moores deserves tremendous credit for turning this squad into deserved champions. England's loss has been our gain. A big thank you also to Hampshire for an unlikely rearguard action to help our cause - echoes of West Ham defying ManU at Upton Park in 1995. Cricket life does not get much than this - the Ashes safely in the bag, England the No 1 Test team in the world and getting stronger, and good old Lancy the champion county. Cyril Washbrook will no doubt be looking down with a very broad smile.

The handful of Lancashire lads I know who are up here in Scotland all ended up in tears last night. My Scottish colleagues just didn't understand why I was so uptight until about 4.30pm and then leapt about ten feet in the air when we hit the winning run. Every player in that squad contributed at some point, and the fact that every batsman in both innings of this game got a double figure score kinda sums up the season for me. Some thrilling victories and even Rovers can't spoil my weekend now. Well done to Winker, Peter Moores and all the backroom staff as well as the lads on the park.

Proud to be a Lancastrian today!!!!

The handful of Lancashire lads I know who are up here in Scotland all ended up in tears last night. My Scottish colleagues just didn't understand why I was so uptight until about 4.30pm and then leapt about ten feet in the air when we hit the winning run. Every player in that squad contributed at some point, and the fact that every batsman in both innings of this game got a double figure score kinda sums up the season for me. Some thrilling victories and even Rovers can't spoil my weekend now. Well done to Winker, Peter Moores and all the backroom staff as well as the lads on the park.

Proud to be a Lancastrian today!!!!

Dress down day at work today and I'm sat proudly in my Lancashire shirt. All the more sweeter that I work in Yorkshire and they got relegated. A great day to be alive!

Well done to the lads, just goes to show you don't need a side brimmimg with big names to win things. Hats off to Moores for the superb job he's done turning them into the Champions. And it a squad with plenty of Lancastrians too.

Tip of the hat to Hampshire too for being 3 down at the start of the day and batting thru. :tu:

Absolutely delighted with this Championship win but cannot help but have that nasty suspicious feeling there is some sort of sporting pay back for this pleasure lurking around the corner...

As for me personally, since a little kid, I promised myself that I'd live to see

- Rovers play in the top flight (again - post 1966)

- Lancashire win the County Championship, and

- Rovers win the FA Cup at Wembley.

Hmm, that leaves just one to go.

Incidentally, Rovers winning the Title was beyond my immagination!

Two sporting ambitions left for me.

1. To see Rovers win the FA cup.

2. To see Lancashire win the County Championship.

I remember the season we ended up second to Notts, when we went into the final game needing the full 24 points to win the league. What a run that was going into the closing stages of the season.

Ossie

Exactly the same 2 outstanding achievements on my list too

Absolutely delighted with this Championship win but cannot help but have that nasty suspicious feeling there is some sort of sporting pay back for this pleasure lurking around the corner...

As for me personally, since a little kid, I promised myself that I'd live to see

- Rovers play in the top flight (again - post 1966)

- Lancashire win the County Championship, and

- Rovers win the FA Cup at Wembley.

Hmm, that leaves just one to go.

One down , one to go lads.

Over to you Venkys!

• 1 month later...

Archived