BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should I Stay Or Should I Go Now...?

As our season is effectively over,bar the odd bit of placing money I thought it would be a good time to decide who's become as welcome as a f**t in a space-suit,who deserves another season to try & prove themselves and who should be in the squad for next season for sure.

I've not included players who've recently signed new contracts or appear unlikely to go(eg,Hoilett,Nzonzi,Kalinic).

I'm interested in the more contentious squad members who evoke strong opinions,both positive & negative.

I've put in my two penneth worth ie (Y)stay,(N)go and (?)maybe one more chance.

Here goes:

BROWN...............(N)...liability.

ROBINSON............(Y)...getting better.

BUNN................(Y)...my choice for reserve.

CHIMBONDA...........(N)...started well,noticeable decline,too many right backs.

JACOBSEN............(Y)...difficult one,keep only because solid when he did play.

SALGADO.............(Y)...poor start but showed mental toughness and a good role-model.

SAMBA...............(Y)...big player and should be Capt next season.

NELSEN..............(Y)...great servant,possibly on the slide,squaddie next season??

JONES...............(Y)...finally,a graduate from the youth academy!!

GIVET...............(Y)...great player,one of my personal favourites.

KHISH...............(N)...gone,gone gone.

EMERTON.............(Y)...Mr versatile,not at his best this season but a useful squad member.

ANDREWS.............(N)...not a Keef hater like some on here,but time to go if we wnat to push on.

GRELLA..............(?)...difficult one,we'll never make our money back and maybe owes us an injury-free season to properly assess?

PEDERSEN............(?)...ambivalent,on the wane,but can we afford to replace adequately?

DIOUF...............(N)...also on the wane,we badly need pace out wide,he has none.Time to move on.

DORAN...............(?)...out on loan one final time to see if he can cut the mustard??

BASTURK.............(N)...never played,pointless keeping him.

DUNN................(Y)...new contract,staying,but maybe past his best??

REID................(N)...can't see the point of a new contract,au revoir.

LINGANZI............(Y)...maybe he can be next seasons Nzonzi??

JUDGE...............(?)...as Doran,loaned again,can he make the leap to future first-teamer??

RIGTERS.............(N)...have some self-respect son,go and play somewhere and actually earn your wage.

ROBERTS.............(N)...barring saturdays wonder goal cows a**e and banjo springs to mind.Likely to be 3rd choice striker next season.

DI SANTO............(N)...one for the future but sadly didn't work out for us.

Be interested to hear everyones thoughts.

BROWN..................No where near good enough

ROBINSON...............England's No.1.

BUNN...................my choice for reserve.

CHIMBONDA..............Bye Bye.

JACOBSEN...............For the bench

SALGADO................O.K. a bit slow at times but solid at others.

SAMBA..................big bad Chris...must stay

NELSEN.................still worth keeping for another season

JONES..................I only hope they don't try to nick him

GIVET..................Very solid .

KHISH..................Please go

EMERTON................Good squad member

ANDREWS................Please go back to M.K.

GRELLA.................Bet rid

PEDERSEN...............Must re-sign a contract

DIOUF..................I never wanted him here in the first place (But I'll still never boo one of our own players.)

DORAN..................Give him a go in the first team??..not sure

BASTURK................See yer

DUNN...................Give him one more season and get him fit.

REID...................Bye bye Steve but thanks.

LINGANZI...............Don't know much about this Lad

JUDGE..................Again we must bring more of our own players through the system

RIGTERS................F**k off

ROBERTS................He has had his day..hard working but loses perspective of where the goal is even when only 3 inches in front of it

DI SANTO...............again bench player and see if he can do it.

I am kind of shocked by the negative reaction Brown has been getting on this forum. He helped us hold Chelsea 1-1 and performed very well in the time Robinson was injured. Yes he's short, but he tries hard to compensate for that. Not sure what else you can ask for from a reserve keeper.

BROWN...............(Y)

ROBINSON............(Y) should be England #1.

BUNN................(Y)

CHIMBONDA...........(Y) but must get back into form.

JACOBSEN............(Y)

SALGADO.............(Y) Hopefully he can have another good season, maybe two even.

SAMBA...............(Y)

NELSEN..............(Y)...if he is content to sit on the bench

JONES...............(Y) No comment necessary

GIVET...............(Y)

KHISH...............(N)

EMERTON.............(Y)

ANDREWS.............(Y) but ONLY if he's a deep reserve. If BFS wants to keep playing him, then get rid ASAP.

GRELLA..............(Y) in the very, very, very rare times he has been able to play a game, he's looked good

PEDERSEN............(N) thank you very much for the service, Gamst, but time to go.

DIOUF...............(N) Has brought a couple of good goals, but I'll never warm up to him.

DORAN...............(Y)

BASTURK.............(Y/N) no idea

DUNN................(Y) No comment necessary.

REID................(N) His time in the Premiership is finished I think.

LINGANZI............(Y)

JUDGE...............(Y)

RIGTERS.............(N)The ship has sailed

ROBERTS.............(Y) If he is content to sit on the bench

DI SANTO............(Y/N) We all want him to succeed, but unless he improves a serious amount over the summer, won't be good enough

I am kind of shocked by the negative reaction Brown has been getting on this forum. He helped us hold Chelsea 1-1 and performed very well in the time Robinson was injured. Yes he's short, but he tries hard to compensate for that. Not sure what else you can ask for from a reserve keeper.

I think he's ok as a keeper. He's nowhere near as convincing as Robbo, you can feel the confidence run through the back line with Robbo there but definitely not with Brown. You could feel that from the fans as well.

BROWN- Sell if possible.

ROBINSON- Keep.

BUNN- Keep.

CHIMBONDA-Sell if possible.

JACOBSEN- Keep.

SALGADO- Keep.

SAMBA- Keep.

NELSEN- Keep.

JONES- Keep.

GIVET- Keep.

KHISH- Sell if possible.

EMERTON- Keep, not had the best of seasons but I’d give him another go next season.

ANDREWS- Sell if possible.

GRELLA- Sell if possible.

PEDERSEN- Get rid.

DIOUF- Sell if possible.

DORAN- If money is too good sell, if not give one last chance.

BASTURK- Depends if he features for our final games or not.

DUNN- Keep.

REID- Looks like he is going.

LINGANZI- Hard to say, depends on whether he plays in our final games or not.

JUDGE- Keep, I’d give him a real chance next season.

RIGTERS- Sell if possible.

ROBERTS- Sell if possible.

DI SANTO- Back to Chelsea.

That's what i would do.

Roberts is not a 90 minute man and he is way off being clinical but he is as effective a sub as I can ever remember us being able to call on. He has the power and pace to exploit tiring defenders and nearly always brings a positive effect to the closing stages.

Roberts is not a 90 minute man and he is way off being clinical but he is as effective a sub as I can ever remember us being able to call on. He has the power and pace to exploit tiring defenders and nearly always brings a positive effect to the closing stages.

Agree. Keep because he can do a job. We can't afford too many changes. Teams that chop and change too much do not generally do well. I wouldn't generally start him, but provided he accepts that then he is worth his place in the squad.

The fact Sam is urging Pedersen to sign a new deal tells me there won't be a lot of changes next season. We'll probably be trying to trim the deadwood, while players like Diouf and Roberts will stay. Three examples of player who can be useful, but more often than not flatter to deceive. I was even convinced that Andrews will stay, but perhaps this recent incident will force Sam's hand.

I would have to agree, calling him a liability seem's very very harsh on a player that goes about his buisness very profesionaly.

I would also like to ask what anyone else has seen in Mark Bunn that convinces them he is the mutt's nut's and a better reserve keeper than Brown?

And Pederson, that guy can go as far as I'm concerned. His performance on Sunday left a lot to be desired but his no show against United the week before is what convinced me he should be history.

After many summers of upheaval we need a relatively settled one this year, history shows that settled teams do the best. I think we'll have more outs than ins.

Out: Brown, Zurab, Chimbonda, Andrews or Grella, Reid, Basturk, Rigters, Di Santo, Pedersen

In: Cheapo left back (maybe young loan), quality deep playing play maker, goal scoring wide player with pace, goal scoring striker

Four arrivals should be enough, maybe room for one more 'wildcard' signing like Salgado if they become available.

Anyway, that leaves:

GK: Robinson, Bunn, Fielding

DF: Salgado, Jacobsen, Samba, Nelsen, Jones, Givet, [new]

MF: [new], Hoilett, Emerton, N'Zonzi, [new], Grella/Andrews, Dunn, Diouf, Olsson

FC: Kalinic, [new], Roberts

Wasn't he the one who got hammered on a pre-season tour and started driving the team bus?

Really?

I had to read that one twice just to make sure.

Bit of a cowboy eh? :lol:

Sorry I had no idea that happened, or not as the case may be.

But it is still a strong criticism calling him a liability.

Really?

I had to read that one twice just to make sure.

Bit of a cowboy eh? :lol:

Sorry I had no idea that happened, or not as the case may be.

But it is still a strong criticism calling him a liability.

I'm sorry but a liability is what he is.Every time he plays I can feel my a~~e twitching..for every good save there's a cock-up waiting to happen.He'll never be a premiership standard keeper.

Has everyone forgotton about Kalinic ?

As stated in the initial post I've taken it as a given that he stays..but for what it's worth he's got something.Unlike Roberts,he's a proper footballer.The question is,are we a team that is ever really going to play to his strengths ie..he needs to be part of a two up front and in a team that doesn't play hoofball!

The guys is 20 and has clearly been brought in as one for the future. You seriously want to get rid simply if Sam doesn't play him before the end of the season????

Perhaps i could have worded it better. We don't know what his future is as he hasn't featured at all. For all we know he could be like you said seen as a future player, or alternatively Sam doesn't rate him.

Perhaps i could have worded it better. We don't know what his future is as he hasn't featured at all. For all we know he could be like you said seen as a future player, or alternatively Sam doesn't rate him.

You need to follow Rovers as a club and not just the first team. He has been somewhat of a revelation for the reserves from what I hear and is rated highly by the coaching staff.

I think he's one for next season and you should get your wish and see a bit of him. Maybe Sam doesn't rate him, or just maybe Sam doesn't want to throw him in at the deep end at a very early stage in his career before he needs to.

Roberts showed on saturday he still has a worth to us - especially as 3rd choice or maybe 4th choice striker.

There are a number of players who can leave and we wouldnt even notice - Reid, Zurab, Rigters etc - so hopefully they all go and we make use of the space on our squad/ wage budget.

Id sell one of Chimbonda/ Jacobsen as we dont need 3 right backs.

Dont renew the loan of Di Santo and try to replace by a loan for someone like Vela.

Any offers for Grella or Andrews have to be considered too!

BROWN- Keep (Bench).

ROBINSON- Keep (Starter).

BUNN- Keep (Reserves).

CHIMBONDA-Sell.

JACOBSEN- Keep (Bench).

SALGADO- Keep (Starter).

SAMBA- Keep (Captain).

NELSEN- Keep (Bench).

JONES- Keep (Starter).

GIVET- Keep (Starter).

KHISH- Sell.

OLSEN- Keep (Starter).

EMERTON- Keep (Bench).

ANDREWS- Sell.

GRELLA- Sell.

PEDERSEN- Don't renew.

DIOUF- Keep (Bench).

HOILET- Keep (Bench).

N'ZONZI- Keep (Starter).

DORAN- Keep (Reserves).

BASTURK- I haven't a clue. Any word on how he's doing in training?

DUNN- Keep (Probationary Starter).

REID- Don't renew.

LINGANZI- Keep (Reserves).

JUDGE- Keep (Bench).

RIGTERS- Sell-Give away.

ROBERTS- Keep (Starter).

DI SANTO- Keep (Reserves).

KALINIC- Keep (Starter).

Robinson is a solid keeper. With Salgado-Samba-Jones-Givet we have a solid back four. I'm convinced that Kalinic can produce, whether he's paired with either Roberts or linked up with an effective passing midfielder. We need at least two midfielders in my opinion as Hoilet is raw and I think Dunn is losing it and, even if I'm wrong, he's not likely to be available for half our matches. Maybe he and Basturk can alternate matches, assuming Basturk is able to regain some of his old spark? N'Zonzi-Olsen are the only two midfielders I have confidence in as of now.

When taking into consideration who should come and go - how do the new rules on "home grown" players impact our squad next season ? This will probably have an impact on both who we purchase - and who we let go.

Which is why I would be looking at someone like Joe Ledley.

BROWN- Keep (Bench).

ROBINSON- Keep (Starter).

BUNN- Keep (Reserves).

A waste of money, surely? Brown and Bunn could both command transfer fees and one will be wasting wages, we don't need both.

Fielding will do as third choice, he is an England U21 international after all.

A waste of money, surely? Brown and Bunn could both command transfer fees and one will be wasting wages, we don't need both.

Fielding will do as third choice, he is an England U21 international after all.

Excellent point. Then we should move one on. I don't care which.

Archived