BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blues Bar Prices

Do the Fernhurst charge to get in? I assume not, and I therefore suggest a move is made to reclaim the Fernhurst as a Rovers Pub and stuff the away supporters ...

No they don't charge to get in. I go in there before every home game with a group of fellow Rovers. They doorstaff all there know we're Rovers fans but don't mind at all. None of us wear colours though, suppose they may take objection to that. Usually have some decent banter with the away fans.

After the game they openly let Rovers fans in regardless usually.

Hmm, interesting. The comment was made tic but I am not happy about the fact that friends (who are pensioners) now cannot afford the prices at Blues and don't have anywhere comfortable and close they can go pre match. They used to enjoy going in there and having soup and a roll before the match. It's a shame.

Hmm, interesting. The comment was made tic but I am not happy about the fact that friends (who are pensioners) now cannot afford the prices at Blues and don't have anywhere comfortable and close they can go pre match. They used to enjoy going in there and having soup and a roll before the match. It's a shame.

I'm always a bit bemused by postings like these on this thread.

If you want to go for a bite to eat or a pint then do so. I think it's rather innocent that you think that you can go for a pint and a bite to eat before a game somewhere in the vicinity of Ewood Park and not get stung on prices.

Everyone gets hit by prices on matchdays, so if you want a snack at the game take something with you. There's a couple in front of me who unwrap their butties and hot drinks at half time.

Sorry, Roversmum, I'm just only offering half a solution. I'm completely with you that the food & drink facilities around any football ground are over-priced and completely rubbish.

I've never bought anything edible or potable at Ewood, nor any other ground.

Perhaps a sea-change of attitude for your friends is needed. What once was an option is no longer available due to the corporate greed or semi-greed of Ewood Park caterers. And of course, every other stadia cater who is trying to turn a profit from the franchises that they have entered into.

Rovers, like every other club in the land, have sold the right to sell beer and burgers to a catering company for 19 home games a year.

That catering company then has to try and screw the fans for as much as it can. Once we are inside Ewood it's a bit like being at a motorway service station needing petrol.

Well that's me finished rabbiting on. Sorry

Colin

Rovers, like every other club in the land, have sold the right to sell beer and burgers to a catering company for 19 home games a year.

This has been discussed at length and Im pretty sure it hasn't. Concourse refreshments are done directly by the club.

and the fact that they make an absolute fortune (far more than they would if it was a home pub) has nothing to do with it?????

I know the landlord well. On a good day they will take up to £35K from away fans, this is more than they will ever make from Rovers fans. Their biggest letdown was Fulham at home this season when only 2 Fulham fans went in after the game.

I know the landlord well. On a good day they will take up to £35K from away fans, this is more than they will ever make from Rovers fans. Their biggest letdown was Fulham at home this season when only 2 Fulham fans went in after the game.

We sat with them for a while, they were slightly embarassed by the turnout but said it was like that every week. Turned out one of the lasses with them was actually a Rovers fan from living down that way too :rover:

Bit of a sexist comment there , could you explain why women and children should be banned on a matchday ?

Firstly they are a waste of perfectly good seats, usually in the best viewing locations in the boozer.

Secondly they both get on my t*ts :rolleyes:

And charging season ticket holders to go in is a bit strange..the food is very expensive as well..

I've never been charged for going into the blues bar after the game, but you can buy the H/T ticket which many have taken advantage of. Must say the beer in the concourse is awful, even though I drink enough of it. May take advantage of the blues bar offer next season, beer is always palatable.

Soft drinks have always been expensive in pubs, the blues is no different.

I've never been charged for going into the blues bar after the game, but you can buy the H/T ticket which many have taken advantage of. Must say the beer in the concourse is awful, even though I drink enough of it. May take advantage of the blues bar offer next season, beer is always palatable.

Soft drinks have always been expensive in pubs, the blues is no different.

It's free for season ticket holders to get in the Blues on match day.

You could do a lot worse than the Blues at half time Gav, I think there is a waiting list though. The beer and food is good and at £3 a pint (lager) it's there or there abouts the going rate.

I didn't explain very well, Colin. Their arrangements are such that they have to arrive fairly early and it isn't much fun hanging about outside in the cold in mid-winter. Not easy to hop in and out of pubs like the young 'uns do - and most have the obligatory flask with them for refreshment!

35 grand? wow thats some takings. even the "home fans only" boozers closest to the ground only take around 4 grand a game. no wonder they take advantage of away fans only, cant blame them for this if they are turning over nearly 9 times the home pubs.

seems a hell of a lot to me? is that based on just wet-led?

I always think it's pretty cheap in there compared to Hereford pubs.

Cheaper than the pubs I drink in down south. A pint is normally £2.85 pint - crabbies or guinness about £3.10 a pint (for those who don't know crabbies is alcoholc ginger beer - lovely stuff)

I knew the previous landlord the Geordie Mike on a average matchday they take between £10k -£15k . They did take £20k plus when we played Celtic in the UEFA cup.

The Celtic fans also caused about £20k of damage to the pub so they didn't really take a penny that day.

Can`t blame the Fernhurst Hughesy. It is packed to the rafters for 2 to 3 hours before every home game. All the 'real' spirits & glass pots are taken off the shelves & replaced by plastic pots & cheaper versions of the shorts (non brand) & then they charge top whack for the pleasure.....the police even herd their customers in their direction. That pub makes a small fortune EVERY home game.

Just after final whistle (about 30mins after) all the glass pots & 'brand' spirits are back on sale at normal price.....as if nothing ever happened.

I dont blame them - im simply saying they choose the away fans (which any business man would) - so they can stick their pub :lol:

Indeed they do

I knew the previous landlord the Geordie Mike on a average matchday they take between £10k -£15k . They did take £20k plus when we played Celtic in the UEFA cup.

Wrong - they made £35k when Celtic where in town - and for the other poster, the damage was 1 seat collapsed when fans where dancing on it & 1 light shade got smashed - not the 20k that people said at the time!

I've never been asked for any money before the game, I now have a Blues pass but I'm led to believe it's free for ST holders with non ST holders paying £1.

It's £1.00 entry for season ticket holders prior to kick off. Members don't pay as they purchase an annual pass , non season ticket holders don't get in unless they are with a season ticket holder.

Many pubs around Ewood struggle to take 2 or 3 grand on matchdays, so nobody can blame the Fernhurst for tapping into a profitable market.

I also now/knew Geordie Mike (sound bloke :tu:), he told me the Fernhurst was Thwaites 'top takings' pub. Their cash registers clock up well over a £million every year. Alot of pubs in Blackburn would struggle to do a quarter of that.

Many pubs around Ewood struggle to take 2 or 3 grand on matchdays, so nobody can blame the Fernhurst for tapping into a profitable market.

I also now/knew Geordie Mike (sound bloke :tu:), he told me the Fernhurst was Thwaites 'top takings' pub. Their cash registers clock up well over a £million every year. Alot of pubs in Blackburn would struggle to do a quarter of that.

Yeah Mike is a good bloke , million + is about right . I do remember when they renovated Mike said they spent a lot of money somewhere in the region of a million.

Yeah Mike is a good bloke , million + is about right . I do remember when they renovated Mike said they spent a lot of money somewhere in the region of a million.

He moved to a big hotel/pub Thwaites had renovated in Lancaster. Do you know if he`s still there? I`m sure he said it`d be his last pub before retiring.

He moved to a big hotel/pub Thwaites had renovated in Lancaster. Do you know if he`s still there? I`m sure he said it`d be his last pub before retiring.

He left there a while ago he is now living us sunny Hartlepool , he will be coming to Blackburn when we play the geordies.

Archived