BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolverhampton Wanderers Away

Can I ask though what RIML stands for as I'm beginning to the its "Ryan Is My Lover" its all you ever post about.

No but it does now ;) I used to post some crap on the official boards and my name was ROVERSISMYLIFE but everyone called me RIML or RIMLIAT meaning ROVERS IS MY LIFE IS A T*T. I do like Ryan is my lover, if only he was :wub:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didnt go today so im not going to ###### my pants but win your home games..... so an away point will do

but did someone mention swapping with wigan?

wigan, on the industrial estate, bankrolled by a rovers turncoat crook, no fans, rotten club. idlike to see rovers perish in a fire with the scousers.

do i like wigan??

are you p1ssed ?

Not a good day at the office for Sam. When he made the substitution I thought...we better win this now or Sam will look like a t!t.

Overall though, we will finish at least 2 places higher than last season with at least 3 more points. Add in a semi-final and, when you consider that we sold 3 first team players for far more than we spent on replacing them that it is a very successful season.

We can still beat Arsenal. Without Fabregas they do not look the same team. We probably won't but we should have a good go...

Disappointed with today and the substitutions but, overall, reasons for optimism this season after the Ince debacle.

Sam blaiming the finishing again for our inability to keep posession.

He could justifiably have blamed "Lady Luck" too. We should have had a penalty and we hit the post twice!. Wolves didn't offer anything like that. Considering Arteta should have been off last week, we'd have probably had 6 points from the last 2 games not 1. If luck evens out over the long term I'm looking forward to next season. And Kalinic must be the unluckiest player in the League. God knows how many times he's hit the woodwork and is it 2 wrongly disallowed goals. If things had just gone slightly different for him his season would have been hailed a roaring success.

I hear conflicting reports of us playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 first half. Can anyone confirm which it was?

I presume the 3-5-2 would have looked something like this:

--------------------------- Robinson -----------------------------

------------- Nelsen ----- Jones ---- Givet --------------------

---Salgado --------------- Nzonzi ---------------- Olsson --

------------ Basturk ---------------- Pedersen ----------------

----------------- Roberts ------- Kalinic ------------------------

Looks quite a good option with the players available in my opinion. Considering we seem to have four really good centrebacks but lack any quality wide players defintley a good alternative to have. Don't really know if it would be a long-term solution because it requires the wing-backs to get through a lot of work. Know Emerton Has been out of the first team picture recentley but I believe he'd make a much more effective right wing back if we chose to use this formation.

Don't know why we chose to resort back to 4-5-1 when we get the lead especially away from home and sit back. We did the same against Bolton but thankfully an own goal secured the win that day, did the same against the Dingles and nearly got caught out and today it did cost us two points. Although I'm sure Big Sam would argue it's worked 2 out of 3 times so it can be said to have been sort of successful in maintaining a lead.

It was 3-5-2/5-3-2, grizfoot. It may have looked like 442 at times but thats just down to players roaming around. I think Sam even said it was 3-5-2 as well and the reports at the start said we were experimenting with a new formation, since we have played 442 this season, surely then it must have been new, IE 3-5-2.

For me its not the switching of formations its that we always sit so deep and start punting it forward, repeatedly. The ball in the main comes straight back and if it doesn't the lone front man has to hold off 2/3 defenders waiting patiently for some support. We need a drogba to play this way which we will never get or afford. The pressure it brought on us was immense and we were just asking for wolves to score. I just don't understand his choices at times and whilst our home form is great, we cannot carry on like this away from home.

Hanging on in there as deep as we were, giving away possession cheaply and very often as we did is just asking for trouble.

He could justifiably have blamed "Lady Luck" too. We should have had a penalty and we hit the post twice!. Wolves didn't offer anything like that. Considering Arteta should have been off last week, we'd have probably had 6 points from the last 2 games not 1. If luck evens out over the long term I'm looking forward to next season. And Kalinic must be the unluckiest player in the League. God knows how many times he's hit the woodwork and is it 2 wrongly disallowed goals. If things had just gone slightly different for him his season would have been hailed a roaring success.

There have been times when we've snatched three points and been saved by the woodwork. It has evened itself out. The reason Wolves scored is because we sat back and allowed them back into the game. There really is no excuse for Sam, here. We should have maintained the pressure and killed the game off.

There have been times when we've snatched three points and been saved by the woodwork. It has evened itself out. The reason Wolves scored is because we sat back and allowed them back into the game. There really is no excuse for Sam, here. We should have maintained the pressure and killed the game off.

Thats rubbish. He went back to 4-5-1 BECAUSE we were being overrun in midfield. We actually improved when we did. But lax marking from Givet (again) cost us. That + the post.

Thats rubbish. He went back to 4-5-1 BECAUSE we were being overrun in midfield. We actually improved when we did. But lax marking from Givet (again) cost us. That + the post.

This is the point many many people are missing, and is why myself and others are defending Sam against some of the criticism which he is getting on here. Going to 4-5-1 actually gave us more chances on goal and solidified our midfield.

People seem to be hooked on this idea that Sam is overly negative and by playing 5 in the middle in the second half it was another example of Sam stifling our creativity. In fact we created more when we went to 4-5-1 and the main reason for us dropping points was down to players not hitting the target, which in my eyes you cannot blame Sam for.

I do like Ryan is my lover, if only he was :wub:

Not sure Monica would be too happy about it, Nic ...

Would like to be able to comment on the match, however, we didn't see ANY of it because IDIOTS who INSISTED on standing up directly in front of the disabled area despite pleas to sit down and intervention from the stewards, thanks very much guys :angry:

According to the commentary on Radio Lancs we were well in control in the first half, and there was only going to be one winner. The problems started when we reverted to 4-5-1 and invited pressure.

It was a bad decision, and it cost us two points - simple as.

That's just not going to happen. With or without transfer targets Allardyce will play his style, he spent a whole treasure chest at Newcastle and still wouldn't change a thing. For better or worse, this is how a team managed by Sam Allardyce plays, whether it's Scunthorpe or Brazil.

Thats cos it achieves the primary requirement of the club's board to stay in the Prem.

Second that. But I think he's just done himself out of about £2m today .... and I keep hearing that he's stepping down at the end of the season - partially due to his health, but also to replace Howard Wilkinson as Chairman of the LMA. Anyone else heard this?

No but I bloody well hope we don't do a part ex! :o

You're saying taking off one of our strikers to replace him with Keith Andrews ISN'T negative? You just lost the argument.

Actually once Kalinic went on and Andrews came on we started to look dangerous again going forward. I'm no lover of Keith Andrews, but I have to say that yesterday he made a significant contribution once he came on.

According to the commentary on Radio Lancs we were well in control in the first half, and there was only going to be one winner. The problems started when we reverted to 4-5-1 and invited pressure.

It was a bad decision, and it cost us two points - simple as.

I watched the game and we never looked in control of the 1st half, no more in control of it then Wolves. When we reverted to 4-5-1 we had already been put under more pressure. I didnt agree with it at the time but looking back it wasnt the move that cost us the game, it was our lack of finishing.

Simply saying that bringing Andrews on was a bad move is again missing the point. Andrews actually did quite well and almost won us the game.

The defending for the goal was shocking - there was at least 4 Rovers players on the guy putting the cross in, yet it still made it, and a free header from 6 yards - rediculous.

Two matches running where we've been undone by crosses from the left and a substitute scoring from close in with his first touch. A problem which needs addressing I'd say.

Not "secretly" for me. I appreciate the points taken by Rovers under Allardyce, but I stand firm in the belief that we can reach similar results with another brand of football than the one we are employing now, and an Allardyce-exit would (probably) put that belief to an interesting test.

Indeed..... just like the Hughes exit did! :rolleyes:

Not sure Monica would be too happy about it, Nic ...

Would like to be able to comment on the match, however, we didn't see ANY of it because IDIOTS who INSISTED on standing up directly in front of the disabled area despite pleas to sit down and intervention from the stewards, thanks very much guys :angry:

I know I'm gutted he's married and has a little boy too, never mind ;) I didn't stop going on about him on the coach.

I was in front of you but everyone just gathered around the front and in the empty spaces behind me. It was a great day out thoroughly enjoyed it, the noise their supporters made when they scored, I've never heard anything like it.

I can only hope it's a transitional thing, and he'll play more football next season.

Either that or he goes.

Illogical Bryan. I cannot understand the lemming mentality that exists on here. You need more patience. Wait until he's using his players and not someone elses left overs before getting rid.

Rem contracts only run out with bad players, the gud uns get nicked.

I watched the game and we never looked in control of the 1st half, no more in control of it then Wolves. When we reverted to 4-5-1 we had already been put under more pressure. I didnt agree with it at the time but looking back it wasnt the move that cost us the game, it was our lack of finishing.

No offence, but I'm likely to take the opinion of a former Premiership player, Jason Wilcox, and Andy Baize above yours - particularly as they were both there. And, you don't help yourself when you seem to find it impossible to criticise BFS when it's totally justified.

If it was the lack of finishing, then that has to - at least partially - lie at the manager's door too. Who spent £6m on the striker playing yesterday? Who coaches and trains the players every week and has done for the last 18 months?

The finishing was erratic, but ultimately it was the manager's decision to sit back rather than go for the second goal (which was on the cards until the switch to 4-5-1) that cost us the two points.

Every time I hear that on Radio Lancs the opposition score. It's uncanny.

At least the commentary these days in relatively unbiased. Remember the days of Jack Holden? Many a time I'd tune in for Jack to tell me we were well in control, looking good - then he'd slip it in that we were 3-0 down!

Archived