Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolverhampton Wanderers Away

I would plays as follows:

Robinson

Salgado - Samba - Jones - Givet

Hoilett - Grella - Nzonzi - Olsson

Roberts - Kalinic

------------------------------------

Our 4-5-1 largely hinges on the form of Dunn - who has looked especially jaded in the last few games. We have nothing to lose in this game and all to win, so I'll throw Roberts up front to finally give Kalinic some support. Grella & Nzonzi always look solid in the centre, affording Hoilett & Olsson license to roam forward. I'm also well aware this line-up won't see the light of day.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robinson

Roberts - Kalinic

I wholly approve of this formation. I also don't believe that Sam will field it, though one can dream.

I think Samba, Emerton and Diouf are out so far me I'd go with:

Robbo

Salgado Jones Givet Ollson

Hoilett Grella Nzonzi Pederson

Roberts Kalinic

Sam may be tinkering a little and sounds like Basturk may be unleased: http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2032788,00.html

Bench: Bunn, Chimbonda, Nelson, Andrews, Dunn, Basturk and Franco.

However I wouldnt be surprised to see the same team that started v everton and at HT basturk replace dunn, Roberts replace kalinic late on also.

Tough game i think we will lose :( hope not tho cus without this game bye bye top 10 :( and the teams around us have v.tough games.

Wolves NEED to win this and with our away form?........

Why do they NEED to win this?? :blink:

Sam has said he may well change it around tomorrow, trying new shapes & players. Possibly Basturk & Liganzi getting a shout - and perhaps Hoilett?

Looks like Emerton, Samba & Diouf are all out injured/ ill.

Hows about we try a 3-1-3-1-2 formation then :wacko:

-------------Robbo-----------

------Jones--Nelsen--Givet

------------Grella-----------

---Hoilett--NZonzi--Olsson---

-----------Basturk-----------

------Kalinic---Roberts------

Robinson

Roberts - Kalinic

------------------------------------

Our 4-5-1 largely hinges on the form of Dunn - who has looked especially jaded in the last few games. We have nothing to lose in this game and all to win, so I'll throw Roberts up front to finally give Kalinic some support. Grella & Nzonzi always look solid in the centre, affording Hoilett & Olsson license to roam forward. I'm also well aware this line-up won't see the light of day.

+100 to that. IMO that's our best formation, and first choice team based on current personnel.

There's more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding Shergar through Atlantis than BFS picking that though .... ;)

I don't travel well to the West Midlands. We've lost all the games that I've been to in that region.

Please say your staying at home then nicola. A bit like that advert where they don't pick up unlucky nev!

Got my ticket for this one, third time lucky in the hope of seeing a rovers win away. Heck I'd even settle for a goal at this rate. Hull and Stoke whilst decent days out were marred somewhat by the 90 minutes of football. Some might call that a jinx but given our poor away form I think most away fans would be classed as bad luck on that basis.

Wolves were shocking when we played them at ewood. They've improved a bit, but then so have we, we've also got better as the season has gone on. So theoretically we should beat them. Not only given our previous meeting but also on paper we have a better team - well so long as roberts and andrews doesn't play. Problem is our away record nullifies this. So on that basis the bloke who said big fat boring 0-0 will probably be right. Would like to see at least 1 rovers away goal this season though.

For what it's worth my team would be:

Robbo

Salgado Samba (if fit) Jones Givet

(Nelsen)

Grella (if ever fit)

Holliett Emerton Dunn Olsson

Kalinic

I prefer Chimbonda when he can be bothered to play (which at the moment he can't) otherwise he'd be rb as salgado is too slow for my liking. Nelsen's experience makes him better than Jones imo but you can't drop the lad on form, and Nelsen hasn't seemed fully fit. Let's not risk him and get him properly recovered. If Peds is going to go - which he blatantly is - then we might as well plan for life without him. Diouf just irritates me, both on and off the pitch, and I'd like to see if Junior can step up to fulfil a bit more of the undoubted promise he has. Kalinic is miles better than roberts regardless of form - he has a little thing called talent.

All in all a tad whimsical but a line up which could do a lot of damage to wolves. Not sure it'd be what Sam will put out. The idea of grella being fit is probably pie in the sky to start with.

Archived