BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Versus Arsenal - The Final Home Match Of 2009/2010

Car trouble means I am in need of a lift to Rovers on Monday from Chorley-Anybody able to help? There's a pint/glass of pop in it for anyone able to help...

I may be able to help oj if you are desperate

I'll more than likely be driving from Wigan so can rendezvous

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Capt-I will let you know later when the garage let me know. I would jump on the bus, but it's a bank holiday, so god knows what time I 'll need to set off for that one.

I will be leaving Euxton about 3ish, if that is any easier.

:rover: read in the paper that wenger is intrested in jones and nzonzi,how about bendter and 10 million in return :blush::brfc:

It's all papers and TV with you wag. If you didn't take so much notice of the media you's still be a Rovers fan. Every game you watch is on the TV, and your bitterness towards our manager is rooted from accusations from the media.

Bendter and £10m is far from the answer to our problems as that would far from replace the backbone of our side.

It's purely media speculation, we'd all be far better off ignoring it and just keeping an eye on the clubs website, that is the only media source that is pro Rovers. what ever you read in the papers should be taken with a pinch of salt.

If we can stop Van Persie from running riot against us I think we can take a draw from this, 2-2 perhaps?

An early goal for Arsenal might not be a bad thing either in some ways otherwise I could see us trying to park the bus for 90 minutes and getting caught late on.

Let the players go out there to enjoy it and show what they can do. Come on Rovers!

Arsenal only sold 3,000 tickets. We will not get the bumper crowd we hoped for.

Nothing for them to play for so not suprising. Would still hope for a 25k+ attendance though given its our last home game for a few months!! :(

Denilson out for the season - so thats another out injured!

2-1 Rovers, Basturk screamer!!

We should get at least a point from this. It's a pride thing.

Lets wind them up, get them angry & start a full-scale riot on the pitch - 3 men sent off each, 9 yellow cards, massive disrespect to the officials and get England out of the top 3 in the FAIR play league! :lol::lol:

Lets wind them up, get them angry & start a full-scale riot on the pitch - 3 men sent off each, 9 yellow cards, massive disrespect to the officials and get England out of the top 3 in the FAIR play league! :lol::lol:

Martin Atkinson is the ref so you just never know ;)

• Backroom

Martin Atkinson is the ref so you just never know ;)

Let's be honest that statement would work With just about any ref in the league

Let's be honest that statement would work With just about any ref in the league

I know, and to be fair that penalty decision last week was the correct decision. Agbonlahor was tackled from behind in the box, whether Johnson got the ball or not, it's considered to be a foul. Atkinson did send off Vermaelen and awarded West Ham a penalty, so hopefully he won't give Arsenal the same respect Peter Walton give them at the Emirates, he was smiling with the Arsenal players when they scored against us.

Comments below from Wenger ahead of the game. Don't necessarily agree with the last sentence about going for the win and being a good game. If there is too much space and we attack too much, we could get thrashed IMO.

“Blackburn have done remarkably well. They are 11th in the League and they have turned things around.

“They have played good football this season I believe and had good games against Chelsea and Man United.

“It promises to be an interesting and exciting game because they will go for the win as they have nothing to lose anymore. It could be a good end-of-season game.”

Archived