BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reserves Win at Christie Park

Glenn

Blackburn Reserves recorded only their third win of the season against a young and inexperienced Birmingham at Christie Park.

Rovers took an early lead inside ten minutes from the boot of the impressive Jon Douglas, playing at right-back.

Alan Mahon made it two on the half hour mark with a sweetly struck left-footed shot.

Rovers dominated the first half, but Birmingham came back into the game in the second and scored a deserved consolation goal to make the final score 2:1.

Ciccio Grabbi looked disinterested and it was no surprise to see him substituted in the second half.

Sadly, Matt Jansen still looks a shadow of his former self and failed to sparkle.

Stig Bjornebye's performance will have undoubtedly pleased the management.  He looked very sharp and must be pushing for a first team appearance.

Keith Gillespie worked hard and clearly had a point to prove following his well-publicised spat with Alan Murray.

Neil Danns again caught the eye with his industry and skill in midfield.

Disagree with you about Mahon.

He flatters to deceive and is somewhat lightweight.

You're spot on about Todd and Greer though.

I can't decide exactly what Todd's natural level would be and cannot understand what Souness ever saw in him.

Thankfully, Souness doesn't make many mistakes.  Todd is most certainly one of them.

I still feel Stig has something to offer the first team.

Namely that he is a natural left-back who can actually defend, even if his distribution leaves something to be desired.

Cheers, ewood pork. Always look for your report on the reserves. Nice to know Stig's done well. He's not the best left back we've ever seen, but he's not the worst either. He certainly adds a bit of balance to the side.

I'm a little worried about Matty though. Physically, he looks more in need of rest than matches, to me.

You're spot on about Todd and Greer though.

I can't decide exactly what Todd's natural level would be and cannot understand what Souness ever saw in him.

Thankfully, Souness doesn't make many mistakes.  Todd is most certainly one of them.

This echoes what Tim told me when he got home from the match.  Todd got sent off for a second bookable offence for doing something completely unnecessary and he thought Todd just looked like a thug and that we should get rid as quickly as possible.

He thought Pelzer looked okay.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.