BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Preview

O'Neill is a bit of a media darling and seemingly imune from critism. His teams have hammer throwers at the back who hoof it long for hammer throwers up front and sprinters to feed on the scraps. Villa also rely heavilly on set pieces, the sort of stuff Allardyce gets crucified for.

Villa players going down if a puff of wind catches them on the edge of the area is one of my pet annoyances. Every bit as bad as Stoke and us playing for balls going off within throwing distance, and yet nobody ever slates them for it. Perhaps because it's marginally more artistic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly to bring this back up I know but was musing in my sleep last night what would have happened if Villa had done the double over us in the league and we had won all three cup matches instead of the other way round.

Well Villa would have missed out on CL on goal difference (assuming they didn't absolutely slaughter us).

Would we have balanced losing £2.4m in prize money from the Prem (down to 13th) with a Wembley Cup Final and an FA Cup semi-final (let's face it Villa had an easy run to the semi)? Possibly if TV monies were added.

More prsseingly, without that early home win against Villa, we would have gone well adrift in the bottom three for most of the early season and would Sam have survived in those circumstances?

Is Heskey on his way out of Villa?

Dunno but his WAG was on a TV show last night - he earns 60k a week.....

:rover: i'm here lard@rses love child,remenber when you said he was getting sacked,fickle should be your middle name :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Common sense tells you he was close to the sack with that run we had just had!

Remember when you said you would run through Rishton naked?!

Get running MARDARSE!!

crazy_fat_kid.gif

Silly to bring this back up I know but was musing in my sleep last night what would have happened if Villa had done the double over us in the league and we had won all three cup matches instead of the other way round.

Well Villa would have missed out on CL on goal difference (assuming they didn't absolutely slaughter us).

Would we have balanced losing £2.4m in prize money from the Prem (down to 13th) with a Wembley Cup Final and an FA Cup semi-final (let's face it Villa had an easy run to the semi)? Possibly if TV monies were added.

More prsseingly, without that early home win against Villa, we would have gone well adrift in the bottom three for most of the early season and would Sam have survived in those circumstances?

I'd stop eating cheese for supper if I was you gunner. ^_^

Remember when you said you would run through Rishton naked?!

Get running MARDARSE!!

Not easy whilst he's still got his foot in his mouth. :rolleyes:

Waggy I did warn you to wind your neck in at the start. I warned that you would paint yourself into a corner and you have. It's not easy admitting that you were just stubborn and ultimately proven wrong but I do think you'd find an amount of forgiveness on here if you did.

Archived