BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Preview

Keep Hanley on the bench, the experience of just being in the squad is ample for now, bed hin in a couple of pre-season games to get a better idea of where he's at. You cannot expect all the kids to come in and play like Jones, who shocked everyone, a roasting by the likes of Gabby will see Hanleys confidence plummet and his development a step back.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers site currently updating : Sam Allardyce makes three changes and gives two their debuts for the final game of the 2009-10 campaign.

No team as yet

Edit :

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Hanley, Givet, Hoilett, Andrews, Linganzi, Olsson, Dunn, Roberts.

Subs: Brown, Jacobsen, Emerton, Grella, Pedersen, Kalinić, Jones.

Oo-er!! Hope Hanley and Linganzi do well :)

Official :

ASTON VILLA: Fiedel, Dunne, Downing, A. Young, Milner, Carew, Agbonlahor, Petrov ©, Cuellar, Warnock, Collins.

Subs: Guzan, L. Young, Sidwell, Delfouneso, Heskey, Reo-Coker, Beye.

ROVERS: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Hanley, Givet, Hoilett, Andrews, Linganzi, Olsson, Dunn, Roberts.

Teams:

ASTON VILLA: Fiedel, Dunne, Downing, A. Young, Milner, Carew, Agbonlahor, Petrov ©, Cuellar, Warnock, Collins.

Official :

Big surprise that both Hanley and Linganzi are starting. Would have preferred Grella instead of Andrews.

Not overly excited about the game, if we do get anything it will be a bonus. Nevertheless, been a great season and hopefully we can put on a decent show for the traveling fans! :brfcsmilie:

Lingazi for Grella

and Grant Hanley an U-19 Scottish international in center back for Nelsen whose gone to NZ for the WC training camp. Junior for Pedersen.

Never heard of Hanley. Anyone watched him for the reserves?

Villa with their strongest possible side.

Good to see Hanley and Linganzi making their debuts and Hoilett making a rare start.

I presume we are lining up like this:

---------------Robinson-----------

Salgado, Samba, Hanley, Givet

------- Andrews, Linganzi -------

Olsson ------ Dunn ------- Hoilett

--------------- Roberts -------------

Feeling pretty confident about this game, Villa haven't been in great form and I think we are capable of getting a point here.

Interesting line up but does not appear to bode well for Nelsen. Effectively stripped of the captaincy last week and completely dropped this week?

A good thing in most peoples eyes, apart from RIML of course.

• Backroom

Jones, Olsson, Hoilett, Hanley, Kalinci, N'Zonzi, Salgado, Linganzi... the future is looking good

Loving the inclusion of Salgado there genious

Interesting line up but does not appear to bode well for Nelsen. Effectively stripped of the captaincy last week and completely dropped this week?

Gone to NZ to prepare for world cup.

Says on the official site that he has returned to NZ in preparation for the world cup so I wouldn't worry.

Brave line up from Sam.

Looking forward to seeing Lingzani play, our summer becomes a hell of a lot easier if he's good enough.

What's Hanley like? I know nothing of him.

Finally Olsson and Hoilett on the wings - when is the last time two fast wingers? This has the potential to be an exciting counter attacking game because Villa have pace too, as long as 'end of season' syndrome doesn't kill the game.

Brave line up from Sam.

Looking forward to seeing Lingzani play, our summer becomes a hell of a lot easier if he's good enough.

What's Hanley like? I know nothing of him.

Finally Olsson and Hoilett on the wings - when is the last time two fast wingers? This has the potential to be an exciting counter attacking game because Villa have pace too, as long as 'end of season' syndrome doesn't kill the game.

Gillespie & Duff?

Linganzi I can understand because he's been around the squad for a while, but I think it's a mistake to put a newbie youngster in at CB when league placement money is at stake. I really hope Linganzi is good.

Oh, and I guess Basturk is on his way out.

Archived