BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa Preview

Linganzi I can understand because he's been around the squad for a while, but I think it's a mistake to put a newbie youngster in at CB when league placement money is at stake. I really hope Linganzi is good.

Oh, and I guess Basturk is on his way out.

Well...it worked with Jones.

Basturk seemed to be out when Sam replaced him at half-time. Was worth a punt on a freebie though...

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Sam go on about how finishing higher gets us more money, and then hands 2 debuts out when we could finish 10th or 13th. I'm confused it's £700k a position. I think we will end up 12th, I hope that gets your extra player Sam.

Don't get me wrong I want to see us bringing players through, but at the right time. We have Jones on the bench so why play Hanley? Good luck to the lad!

You've got to balance it out. Yeah, we're going for place money. But we also could do with some home-grown players coming through. That could save us quite a few bob when the old guard retires. Perhaps even more than the place money's worth.

In the long run getting the young players ready for the first team is more important than an extra 700k.

Very low-key affair so far. Robinson doing well, Givet more shaky than I've ever seen him. Hanley looking good so far.

Hoilett getting everything wrong so far but don't know why he's on the left and Olsson on the right, none of them look comfortable at all. Linganzi not too involved yet.

had a great stream then its gone blank and I am having a few probs with tojans popping up ! Anyone any decent free trojan removal programmea/downloads or suggestions ?

Microsoft security essentials is good and free.

It was never a yellow.

Hanley just did a good last ditch on Carew. His distribution has been a tad wayward but he seems to be able to get his foot on the ball when it matters.

Play wise working the flanks, but roberts is all on his own. Robbo's made a good save and good clearance with his head. Posession is all Villa, we are very deep in defence.

You've got to balance it out. Yeah, we're going for place money. But we also could do with some home-grown players coming through. That could save us quite a few bob when the old guard retires. Perhaps even more than the place money's worth.

Very good way of putting it.

If Lingzani turns out to be the business then he is going to save us far more than £750k this summer.

Archived