BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe it!

Four team tournament with Rangers, Boca Juniors and Sydney FC planned for last week of July in Sydney.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/glasgow-rangers-target-sydney-in-down-under-tour/story-e6frg7mf-1225864255949

I will definitely be there. I've been meaning to make a sight-seeing trip to Sydney since I've been out here, but this gives me even more incentive.

We should try to arrange a get together for this.

We should try to arrange a get together for this.

That there is no doubt. Might have to organise lunch at the Lord Nelson the day before the tournament.

Although my liver won't be happy with me and I might need a week of leave based on the other times when I meet up with Rovers' fans.

Wow - going to have to plan a trip from Melbourne I think!

I'm all for a get together. Can we organise tickets in a way that we can get a nice group together to sing some tunes?

I'm in Melbourne as well. I'm tempted to drive from here so I can check out some sights along the way. I guess that might not be something that native Australians would be particularly interested in, but in case you are then please do let me know - the more the merrier!

og all the years i spent in australia and going up to sydney to meet up with other rovers fans, hoping, praying, wishing, pleading....that the lads would come out to oz and play, and they never feckin do. now that i am back here in england, what the (Please don't use that word again) happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUTTED

as mentioned by fellow aussies holidaying in the UK at that time i am equally gutted!

some consolation is that i should have a season ticket to look forward to

keep in touch, mate, ready for next season and we can get together for a few ales.

oh, and message for the rest of our rovers downunder brigade.....be wary of going to the lord nelson with sydney rovers, and dave birch for that matter. every time i went there with them, i ended seriously hammered and more often than not, unable to stand with out help.

keep in touch, mate, ready for next season and we can get together for a few ales.

oh, and message for the rest of our rovers downunder brigade.....be wary of going to the lord nelson with sydney rovers, and dave birch for that matter. every time i went there with them, i ended seriously hammered and more often than not, unable to stand with out help.

Just stay off the Coopers then... and try not to end up going for a curry after as well...

Oh happy day. For those of you who don't know Sydney the stadium is only a short walk from Paddington where there are just a few pubs to enjoy. I'm looking forward to it already.

Me and the boy will be there,

Works out a bit cheaper than flying the two of us to Ewood!

Ben needs to see some more games at Ewood, it's a rite of passage thing so one day we'll be back, but at least I can put it off for a while now!

Me and Ben used to be regulars down at Brockhall, standing in a soggy field with a two year old didn't seem much fun at the time, but looking back now they were golden days!!!!

Archived