BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was getting worried as pre-season games were being planned by Rovers in July when this tourny is supposed to be on. Anyway I've heard there should be an official announcement by the end of this week, proposed dates are 25th, 28th and 31st July and the NSW State Govt are the ones holding it all up...

All gone very, very quiet. I think Boca and Melbourne Victory have arranged a friendly sometime around 20th July (just to satiate the interstate rivalry) which I don't think they would have done if the tourny has been cancelled. I reckon the NSW Government is thinking twice because of Rangers coming - there's about 200 years worth of exports from the anti-condom, worship-that-bloke-in-Rome-with-the-silly-hat brigade which approximates to around 3 trillion green-and-white hooped inbred ferals planning a really nice welcoming party :(

Official launch should be late this week or early next. Tournament expected to be a round robin event. Dates I'm hearing are July 20, 24 and 27 although this seems to somewhat contradict Rover Down Under's info ... so I wouldn't jump the gun on booking any flights til it's confirmed.

Official launch should be late this week or early next. Tournament expected to be a round robin event. Dates I'm hearing are July 20, 24 and 27 although this seems to somewhat contradict Rover Down Under's info ... so I wouldn't jump the gun on booking any flights til it's confirmed.

Boca juniors play Melbourne Victory on the 16th July, Wellington Phoenix 23 July, so unsure about those dates you mention. Hope the dates are confirmed soon if this is to happen, so I can see if I can get over for the games.

According to this the dates are confirmed, not on the official site as yet though.

Lee on the official MB has also posted this evening that these matches still have not been confirmed by the club.

Blackburn Rovers, along with Rangers FC and AEK Athens ( who replaced Boca Juniors), will be competing against Sydney FC in 3 double header encounters at the Sydney Football Stadium

The games will be held on Sunday, July the 25th, Wednesday July 28th and Saturday July 31st (all Sydney dates). The draw will be provided tomorrow, with Sunday possibly being 2 day games, Wednesday being an evening double header and Saturday up for grabs!

Read more: http://www.blackburn...2#ixzz0ppuorL1M

Well it's offical, game dates are;

Sunday 25 July:

Game 1 at 12:45pm – Sydney FC v AEK Athens FC

Game 2 at 3pm – Blackburn Rovers v Glasgow Rangers

Wednesday 28 July:

Game 3 at 6pm – AEK Athens FC v Blackburn Rovers

Game 4 at 8:15pm – Sydney FC v Glasgow Rangers

Saturday 31 July:

Game 5 at 5pm – AEK Athens FC v Glasgow Rangers

Game 6 at 7:15pm – Sydney FC v Blackburn Rovers

More details found here - http://www.sydneyfc.com/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=33821

Looks like I'll be Switzerland during game 6.

When more details come out I'll post it, also thinking of having a get together at the Lord Nelson on the 24th as a bit of a meet and greet thing with fellow Rovers' fans.

Sydney folk, would you recommend accomodation in the heart of Sydney or closer to the stadium? Going to bring the missus up, so I was thinking the middle of Sydney probably suits better. How easy is it to get from there to the stadium?

Stick to the Centre. The Sydney Football Stadium is east of the CBD but only about 10 mins in a taxi.

I'll be going to all 3 Rovers matches. Looking forward to the game against the Huns in particular.

I'll make a get together in the Lord Nelson again depending on the time.

Looking forward to it just a wee bit........

Sydney folk, would you recommend accomodation in the heart of Sydney or closer to the stadium? Going to bring the missus up, so I was thinking the middle of Sydney probably suits better. How easy is it to get from there to the stadium?

Stick to the Centre. The Sydney Football Stadium is east of the CBD but only about 10 mins in a taxi.

I'll be going to all 3 Rovers matches. Looking forward to the game against the Huns in particular.

I'll make a get together in the Lord Nelson again depending on the time.

Looking forward to it just a wee bit........

How about somewhere like Bondi mate?

Looking forward to it too and will

be keen on any get togethers. Reckon we can stand together and sing?

Well it's offical, game dates are;

Sunday 25 July:

Game 1 at 12:45pm – Sydney FC v AEK Athens FC

Game 2 at 3pm – Blackburn Rovers v Glasgow Rangers

Wednesday 28 July:

Game 3 at 6pm – AEK Athens FC v Blackburn Rovers

Game 4 at 8:15pm – Sydney FC v Glasgow Rangers

Saturday 31 July:

Game 5 at 5pm – AEK Athens FC v Glasgow Rangers

Game 6 at 7:15pm – Sydney FC v Blackburn Rovers

More details found here - http://www.sydneyfc.com/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=33821

Looks like I'll be Switzerland during game 6.

When more details come out I'll post it, also thinking of having a get together at the Lord Nelson on the 24th as a bit of a meet and greet thing with fellow Rovers' fans.

I doubt I'll get a week off work never mind a week long pass out from the Mrs :( Gonna try for two out of the three though!

Details here - http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=FOOTBALL3

The seating map is this;

sfx58669.gif

Security at the SFS is usually pretty good so they won't have problems with fans standing (and drinking), BUT I would try to get tickets towards the back of the bay so people can't complain about you doing this. Football tourist haven't worked out that in home ends people stand.

If you're a Sydney FC member you should of got an email about the pre-sale.

Archived