BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked Rovers at the Fans forum about Rovers sections - They were going to look into that.

Anyway.. I've now booked it. Arriving 22nd, leaving on the 3rd.

**** **** **** wish I was going :angry:

**** **** **** wish I was going :angry:

Can't be bothered to go to home games these days, but games abroad are a whole different ball game - GUTTED.

I asked Rovers at the Fans forum about Rovers sections - They were going to look into that.

Anyway.. I've now booked it. Arriving 22nd, leaving on the 3rd.

who you going with ste? how much flights cost you and who with?

cheapest i found so far is with thai airlines £1080

who you going with ste? how much flights cost you and who with?

cheapest i found so far is with thai airlines £1080

Emirates from Manchester. The Thai flights went up to almost 1200 yesterday.

ah right how much that set you back>?

am looking at going 19th till about 3rd cheapest i got for them dates atm is 900 on the phone with world wide but it is two stops but they said they will chuck in a visa for free,

who outa your lot are going ste?

you looked at hostels yet or going to sort all that when you get there?

Are we all looking at going with the Blackburn Rovers supporter area?

Yes, seems to make sense. I would suggest getting seats in the last rows of the bay so we don't ###### people off when we stand to watch the game.
Do we have a list of who is attending from the forum?
No, but maybe we should print nametags ;)

That's not too far away. Could almost walk it, but there's a bus you could catch, 5 mins the most.

Buses 373, 374 and 377 all go past the SFS from Elizabeth street next to Hyde Park, about a 10 minute journey, plus you will be a 10 minute walk from Kings Cross were just about anything goes.

Anybody got tickets for these games yet ?

The prices are a bit steep in the Rovers supporters area.

I'm wondering if getting a Cat B tournament pass for $150 is better than getting 3 x $65 ($195) Rovers area tickets. The Cat B areas are right next to the Rovers supporters areas.

I also wonder if a Cat A tournament pass ($200) will let me into the Rovers area. I would like to watch at least 1 game from the side and the rest with Rovers fans. Decisions, decisions...

I bought tickets for the 25th and 28th yesterday. I was tempted to buy Cat A tickets since they're only a bit more, but I figured it would be more fun sitting with other Rovers fans than having a better view.

Yeah certainly ain't cheap for pre season games, but that's Sydney for you, not a cheap place to live or visit. $65 converts to around £38, $195 for all three games converts to around £114, but remember that's actually for 6 games.

Concession (Pens / Sen / Unemp / Disability)

what do them concessions stand for ?

think i have decided to just come over for three weeks rather than 2 months and work abit over there,

so will book flights today/tomorrow,

think i have decided to just come over for three weeks rather than 2 months and work abit over there,

so will book flights today/tomorrow,

Pensioners and unemployed maybe?

I think Singapore Airlines are offering some decent fairs from London. They also do the Airbus on the Singapore to Australia leg of the journey, which is a fair bit more comfortable than the usual 747/777 - I find it really makes a difference on a 20+ hour flight.

Anyone with a Pensions/Seniors/unemployed/disability card; Usually students get a look in as well. It means they'll get a discount.

Being an old fart, I'm the fortunate recipient of a seniors card. That means, for example, I can travel anywhere in NSW on public transport for $2.50

Archived