BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Playing In Sydney!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sydney Rovers, can't say i've ever been to the boozer you suggest and i've been living here for nearly 6 years.

I was thinking more The Imperial, Paddington Arms, Paddington Inn, London Tavern, Three Weeds or even the RSL? Then it's a nice stroll down the hill to the ground.

Presumably you've been to this venus pre SFC matches and they're expectiations for football fans are suitable low?

I land in Sydney around 12-1 on Saturday, so could head straight to the pub for the tail end of any early beers. Otherwise we could do some late afternoon beers and some could kick on if they want? I'll probably be heading out for dinner with the missus on the Saturday night, but I think we should try and get together at some point before the first game.

we get down there Sunday morning & are staying for the week - my phone number is 0421 752 655

Might be good idea to have some phone numbers floating around so we can all keep in touch

Any ideas yet where Rovers are training?

Are we all gunna get together for a kick around while we're en masse????

Would be good if we could have a game somewhere!

Anyone coming from Oswaldtwistle?

I land in Sydney around 12-1 on Saturday, so could head straight to the pub for the tail end of any early beers. Otherwise we could do some late afternoon beers and some could kick on if they want? I'll probably be heading out for dinner with the missus on the Saturday night, but I think we should try and get together at some point before the first game.

Likewise, I don't land till 'bout 2 so early afternoon beers will be hard as the missus will want to rearrange the hotel room, and then probably the hotel, before we head out anywhere.

Sydney Rover - you could always take the missus out for dinner in The Rocks and "bump into" a group of Rovers fans :D

So how about a late afternoon session running into early evening (with dinner in the middle if required)?

What happened in The Orient then?

Where is the pre-game pub?

Where is everyone staying?

Will Flash survive as his ship plunges headlong into the surface of Mongo?

Some of my older Rovers shirts appear to have shrunk in the wardrobe...

You'll spot me easy enough - I'll have my 11 year old in tow everywhere we go!!

He keeps saying "I can't believe I'm really gunna watch the Rovers!"

Ben was only 4 when we left & while he's put in a lot of TV hours it will be a massive thing for him to see the boys for real!!

See you all soon

Was hoping to pop over the ditch to see a game or 2, but moneys a bit tight atm :angry2:

When do Rovers arrive in Sydney? Boca Juniors play in NZ friday night, Allardyce should pop over and have a look at them.

OK just to clear things up;

I suggest we go out for drinks on the Saturday before the tournament but seems that night time will be easier for everyone but people will have problems getting into pubs wearing colours so I suggest we go the Royal Exibition Hotel as they're a football friendly pub and close to public transport. Say we start the fun at 19:00?

Pre Match Pub will be the Fox and Lion, start times are;

• Sunday 25th v Rangers: from Midday (kick-off 15:00)
  • Wednesday 28th v AEK - from 15:00 (kick-off 18:00)
  • Saturday 31st v Sydney FC - from 16:00 (kick-off 19:15pm). Although we could change that if people want to see the AEK v Glasgow game.

Also if anyone is keen to grab a few drinks on the Wednesday during the day of the AEK game I'm keen especially as I'm on leave :rover:

Also stories about why I hate the Orient Hotel will be told on Saturday as I won't be able to meet you guys pre-match on Sunday because I'll be alreayd in the ground watching Sydney FC.

OK just to clear things up;

I suggest we go out for drinks on the Saturday before the tournament but seems that night time will be easier for everyone but people will have problems getting into pubs wearing colours so I suggest we go the Royal Exibition Hotel as they're a football friendly pub and close to public transport. Say we start the fun at 19:00?

Pre Match Pub will be the Fox and Lion, start times are;

• Sunday 25th v Rangers: from Midday (kick-off 15:00)
  • Wednesday 28th v AEK - from 15:00 (kick-off 18:00)
  • Saturday 31st v Sydney FC - from 16:00 (kick-off 19:15pm). Although we could change that if people want to see the AEK v Glasgow game.

Also if anyone is keen to grab a few drinks on the Wednesday during the day of the AEK game I'm keen especially as I'm on leave :rover:

Also stories about why I hate the Orient Hotel will be told on Saturday as I won't be able to meet you guys pre-match on Sunday because I'll be alreayd in the ground watching Sydney FC.

We'll see you Sunday lunch time... looking forward to singing myself sore!!!

God it's been a while - watching the Roar doesn't even start to come close to this!!

Been singing myself silly round the house - trying to teach my son some of the songs while avoiding the swearing - given up on that - he'll just have to deal with it

He knows who we'll never be mastered by...!

He asks why all the songs are anti dingle - I can't give him a reasoned response - maybe they're just MY favourite songs!!

I'm telling people at work that I'm off for the week getting some therapy

ROVERS IMMERSION THERAPY!!

should be available on Medicare...

The Royal Exhibition pub is good - been there a few times & another good pub just on the oppsoite corner as well...seem to remember there's a good Turkish kebab shop further up the street - once had a drunken conversation about Tugay with the owner!!

Archived