BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Shearer Next Coventry City Manager

After his quick stint with Newcastle didn't work out maybe he'll just be tempted to continue down the Lineker and Hansen route of punditry, can't say I'd blame him considering how quickly things can go sour. Ince and Adams were both once thought of as top up and coming English managers, now either league two clubs would be scared to take a punt on them. Whatever Shearer's next job is, should it be in management, is a very big one and could well send him down the same route if it goes pear shaped.

If he does want to get back into management though then I guess there's no time like the present, he's been out of the game for a year or so and a championship club is probably about as high as he could hope right now unless someone wants to take a risk. I don't think the Newcastle job particularly hurt his reputation in such a short time but it certainly didn't enhance it.

I'd like to see him do well but I'd honestly consider the punditry route if I was him, easy money and you just have to pretend you know what you're on about, if you get caught out like Hansen predicting Liverpool for the title each year then you just laugh it off and say, 'That's football', in management if you get it wrong you're off to the dole office.

And then Sky Sports after that DD. At 50/1, its worth spending a £1 for a punt.

Cov would be a good club to start at really. Small budget, good stadium and pessimistic fans who don't demand the moon on a stick. So a play-off place would show major progress.

And then Sky Sports after that DD. At 50/1, its worth spending a £1 for a punt.

Cov would be a good club to start at really. Small budget, good stadium and pessimistic fans who don't demand the moon on a stick. So a play-off place would show major progress.

Definitely at 50/1 it's worth a punt, like I said if he does want to get into management then Coventry is about the best sort of option he can hope for in my opinion. I still think with his foot already in the door the punditry would be a tempting option though, whether or not he has the charisma to ever host the show though I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived