BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 15 Years Ago Today.......

15 years ago, how time flies.

I was lucky enough to be at Anfield. They loved us for beating the Red Scum to the title,even though they won 2-1

Ludo Misklosko did a sterling job for West Ham that day & denied The Scum more than a point.

/understatement alert/That was a good day./off

Andy Cole---our Man of the Match!

Incidently, I read an interview with him yesterday where he said that leaving Manure to come to us was the worst mistake he ever made and how many trophies he'd missed out on etc etc! Not exactly endearing.

Referred to this page on the attendances thread, but it is also worth a shout on here for it's excellent nostalgia value:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994%E2%80%9395_in_English_football

I am clearly biased because of what happened to us that year but it really was one of the best seasons ever...the kits, the players (Klinsmann, Dumitrescu etc coming in off the back of the World Cup), the football was very open and attacking compared to what it is like now, the transfer fees were high enough to seem exciting and jaw dropping without being totally ridiculous, clubs like Southampton,Wimbledon and QPR all made the top ten, (Chelsea 11th, Aresenl 12th...Villa 18th!) 4 clubs went down, Burnley relegated (no change there then! :lol:) , Wigan and Fulham still in the bottom tier I notice too (how times change!) I could go on and on...

Such fond memories, I honestly don't remember much else from my time as an eleven year old but I can still picture this day like it was yesterday. Such a wonderful side consisting of a little bit of everything but more than anything else full of grit and hard work who epitomised just what Blackburn Rovers are about. Everyone gave their all that year and we got what we deserved at the end of it.

Will another club from a small town ever win the Premier League again? I have my doubts. The Premier League is not far off being 20 years old now and to be one of only 4 winners is an absoloutley tremendous achievement. Maybe it's just me but I still don't feel we've got the credit we deserve for that achievment. There have been so many teams who have spent far greater sums than we did, even if you took into the account inflation and the average price of players but I don't think any of them have got close to achieving what that club from a small town did back in 95.

A small, unfashionable club from a Town in the North West won the biggest & best league in the world....Liverpool still havent managed it! Dont you just love it. :tu:

THANK YOU UNCLE JACK - Thanks for the memories! :brfc:

C'mon Hughesy. Be fair. Liverpool have managed to get half way there....... they've become a small unfashionable club from the north west! :lol:

Archived