BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston North End

I've grown up hating PNE more than Burnley or anyone else. Growing up I had comments from North End fans every day, saying that they were a better side etc etc...

Despite my hatred for the side, I don't like reading stories like this, particularly with it being a Lancashire team with so much history.

Hope they sort it out

PNE facing winding up order

I've grown up hating PNE more than Burnley or anyone else. Growing up I had comments from North End fans every day, saying that they were a better side etc etc...

Despite my hatred for the side, I don't like reading stories like this, particularly with it being a Lancashire team with so much history.

Hope they sort it out

PNE facing winding up order

I don't really have any hatred for PNE , I work with some Preston fans we share a similar passion hatred of the Dingles.

It is a shame a local club with a lot if history , hopefully they can pull themselves out of this mess.

PNE is a small time club that think they are big time and better than every other club in Lancashire. The reality is is that they are a club that is riddled with inhouse fighting that is detrimental to the good of the club.

One love for them is Trevor Hemmings, now look what he has gone and done to them !!

I`ve no deep hatred for Nobend....even though their fans possess a "we are a massive club" ego problem (a bit like the dingles), but i hope they don`t end up folding. They do have a long history & for many years (if you check the record books) drew much larger crowds when facing the Rovers than Burnley did at the same time.

I bet Nobend fans are gutted at their plight......& it will be even more painful seeing Blackpool doing so well! :lol:

PNE is a small time club that think they are big time and better than every other club in Lancashire. The reality is is that they are a club that is riddled with inhouse fighting that is detrimental to the good of the club.

One love for them is Trevor Hemmings, now look what he has gone and done to them !!

Bang on, when I worked at BAE I came across a fair few of them and with a few exceptions they are hugely ungracious and have gigantic chips on their shoulders.

Can't accept that we are the powerhouse of the town clubs around here, plus the Wigan, Dingle and possible Blackpool successes has made them even more bitter.

On your point Ben, in the 90s we expanded our fanbase quite a lot into the Preston area, the Lancashire Evening Post had Rovers news in it every night a few years ago. Dog eat Dog world!

Can't accept that we are the powerhouse of the town clubs around here, plus the Wigan, Dingle and possible Blackpool successes has made them even more bitter.

Too damn right they are bitter supporters in my experience,jealous and some!. :glare:

Still a sad state of affairs to see a local club in financial difficulties.

Bang on, when I worked at BAE I came across a fair few of them and with a few exceptions they are hugely ungracious and have gigantic chips on their shoulders.

On your point Ben, in the 90s we expanded our fanbase quite a lot into the Preston area, the Lancashire Evening Post had Rovers news in it every night a few years ago. Dog eat Dog world!

Most of the genuine long term Preston fans i know hate Rovers with a passion and always have even before Jack came along. When i first started work it was in an around the Preston area and i got constant stick and sometimes abuse from people who knew i was a rover, them constantly telling me how much bigger and more passionate they were. The funny thing is they were hanging around in the lower divisions on crowds of 2 thousand an playing on a plastic pitch. These lot will give any dingle a run for their money in the delusion and bullshit stakes believe me! Dont want em to go under but wish they would drop back down the divisions for good, no time at all for the knob jockeys!

I don't really have any hatred for PNE , I work with some Preston fans we share a similar passion hatred of the Dingles.

It is a shame a local club with a lot if history , hopefully they can pull themselves out of this mess.

I'd agree. I think we Rovers who hail from Accy and eastwards have a particular virulent dislike of Burnley and a percentage of us would gladly dance on their grave if they went under. Whilst I understand our western compatriots I would hate that to happen to Preston.

Whats a winding order?

Winding up order.

A Petition presented to the Court for an Order that a company be placed into compulsory liquidation.

Compulsory Liquidation.

The winding-up of a company by the Court. Initiated by a Petition to the Court presented by the company itself, the directors or the creditors. The grounds include Special Resolution of the company; that the company is unable to pay its debts; the number of members is reduced below two, or that in the Court’s opinion it would be just and equitable to wind the company up. ;)

Winding up order.

A Petition presented to the Court for an Order that a company be placed into compulsory liquidation.

Compulsory Liquidation.

The winding-up of a company by the Court. Initiated by a Petition to the Court presented by the company itself, the directors or the creditors. The grounds include Special Resolution of the company; that the company is unable to pay its debts; the number of members is reduced below two, or that in the Court’s opinion it would be just and equitable to wind the company up. ;)

so in essence its inevitable that PNE are goin into liquidation then?

PNE have had to suspend their AIM share listing because of the Revenue's petition.

They must be in deep trouble because the Revenue will have repeatedly threatened them with this privately before going to Court. It follows that PNE's backers have been unwilling to stump up more to avoid the Revenue petitioning.

Looks grim.

I've no real axe to grind against PNE, was never a real hostile atmosphere when I went there, unlike the turd...

The only thing they did wrong for me was not beating Swansea on that famous Saturday, the second day in May

My dad actually took me to Deepdale that day and we cheered on Preston - what a bizarre thing to admit to!

Not too bothered either way if they stay or go - the few Blackpool fans must be loving it though!!

• 3 weeks later...

I know for a fact that the club was never going to go to the wall. Trevor Hemmings has forced this in order to take control of the club. He put an offer to the shareholders that they couldn't refuse, and now will take almost total control of the club....Possibly an outside bet for promotion via the play-offs next season.

I know for a fact that the club was never going to go to the wall. Trevor Hemmings has forced this in order to take control of the club. He put an offer to the shareholders that they couldn't refuse, and now will take almost total control of the club....Possibly an outside bet for promotion via the play-offs next season.

I'd put my money on a more likely relegation.

He has said that he won't be putting any money in and expect the departure of a few players in the next few weeks...

Dunno if it's kosher but I'm told his lad has ambitions to run the club from Derek Shaws desk.

Trevor Hemmings dislikes footballers and their attitudes and prefers horse racing. However recent moves re: Darren Ferguson etc suggest that some of his racing 'contacts' might prove rather useful allies in the future. No doubt he's getting rid of some dead wood to make room for new arrivals. ;)

Archived