BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston North End

Dunno if it's kosher but I'm told his lad has ambitions to run the club from Derek Shaws desk.

Trevor Hemmings dislikes footballers and their attitudes and prefers horse racing. However recent moves re: Darren Ferguson etc suggest that some of his racing 'contacts' might prove rather useful allies in the future. No doubt he's getting rid of some dead wood to make room for new arrivals. ;)

Or maybe he's seen what Blackpool and Burnley have achieved and thinks that by not spending too much money, i.e loans from Utd etc....they can do the same...then they're in the big money.

Hemmings was always waiting to take control after Tom Finney was moved out to pasture and had no influence left at the Club (Finney still has an office at Dumpdale and visits the ground every day). I do not know why but Hemmings hates Finney with a passion.

Hemmings is getting on a bit now, and although he is as tight fisted as they come, the only passion left in his life is PNE. He is one of the richest men in the UK and could well pile his cash into Nobend, he can't exactly take it to the grave with him.

I wish PNE defeat, I look every week during the season with a passion to see if they have been beaten. I hate the Club.

I've no real axe to grind against PNE, was never a real hostile atmosphere when I went there, unlike the turd...

The only thing they did wrong for me was not beating Swansea on that famous Saturday, the second day in May

My dad actually took me to Deepdale that day and we cheered on Preston - what a bizarre thing to admit to!

Not too bothered either way if they stay or go - the few Blackpool fans must be loving it though!!

Hostile atmospheres are a good thing.

Hemmings was always waiting to take control after Tom Finney was moved out to pasture and had no influence left at the Club (Finney still has an office at Dumpdale and visits the ground every day).

Tom Finney has been in a nursing home for a while now Mike.

Tom Finney has been in a nursing home for a while now Mike.

Was about to say that Tom's days are numbered sadly. I can't really bring myself to hate PNE mainly because of Tom, who is one of life's true gentlemen. Up until a year or two ago he would come out to any community event he was asked to in the Preston area for nothing. I was just too young to see him play but have heard enough about him from my grandad and my uncle (both Rovers fans from Bamber Bridge, who would go to Deepdale when Rovers were away just to watch him). It will be a really sad day when we lose Tom.

Hemmings was always waiting to take control after Tom Finney was moved out to pasture and had no influence left at the Club (Finney still has an office at Dumpdale and visits the ground every day). I do not know why but Hemmings hates Finney with a passion.

Hemmings is getting on a bit now, and although he is as tight fisted as they come, the only passion left in his life is PNE. He is one of the richest men in the UK and could well pile his cash into Nobend, he can't exactly take it to the grave with him.

I wish PNE defeat, I look every week during the season with a passion to see if they have been beaten. I hate the Club.

No offence PB, but that statement is far from the truth. Try horse racing !

One of his various companies have shares in Charlton Athletic

you and me both...Its been ace at work listening to the nob end chicken lickers going on about blackpool and that if they went bust they would become bumley fans.

SCUM BAGs of the lowest order they are.delude pricks at worst.

Trevor Hemmings is worth a lot more money than any of the Times Rich lists say. He has been trying to get rid of his 28% interest in PNE for years so very interesting that he has now forced the takeover. Maybe seeing what the Donkey Lashers have done and the increase in the parachute payments has seen a change of heart? Or he would rather have control as he is the only one putting any money in.

Quite a few of my mates are PNE fans, but not that bothered myself as neither hate them with a passion or have a soft spot either. Does make me laugh when they think they are still a sleeping giant of football though!!

Think they might be worth a bet on promotion next season....

Archived