BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Footballer Forced To Apologise For Voting Bnp

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a tricky situation, because something like that is bound to cause discord between players. However, I think the players who confronted him should have respected his right to vote for whoever he wanted, instead of forcing him to apologize.

It's a tricky situation, because something like that is bound to cause discord between players. However, I think the players who confronted him should have respected his right to vote for whoever he wanted, instead of forcing him to apologize.

I agree. Not as if hes done anything illegal is it?

I thought I was making a valid point (albeit in a slightly arsey way...).

Of course people can vote as they please. Given the multinational nature of football teams though, how can he not apologise to his team mates? It's obviously going to cause problems.

I can sort of understand people from deprived towns voting BNP, I can see how it could be easy to attach blame to a section of the community if they are struggling to find work. I can't find an excuse for a footballer easily on £100k+ a year to do it.

No need to apologise at all. The BNP are a valid political party and not a banned organisation. He can vote for whoever he wants. The players who rounded on him should be made to apologise for their threatening behaviour toward him. If they don't like living in a democracy they can go elsewhere. The stupid bugggers will have given the BNP a pile of ammo for the future. Leicester meanwhile should be carpeted for insisting he apologise.

Age old advice is that a vote is secret and people should tell no one who they voted for.

So you only have to apologise when you do illegal things?

I must remember that next time I pissoff my girlfriend.

thats not exactly what i said now is it?

I feel this guy has now just ended his football career, especially at pro level anyway given how many black players are in the prem/championship

I thought I was making a valid point (albeit in a slightly arsey way...).

Of course people can vote as they please. Given the multinational nature of football teams though, how can he not apologise to his team mates? It's obviously going to cause problems.

I don't think you were making a valid point. Why should anyone apologise for how they vote? That is his human right as a UK citizen.

The stupid thing he did was tell his team mates. That was dumb.

Singularly dumb thing to do when the player concerned was effectively saying "**** off, I want the State to forcibly get rid of you- take your £5,000 and get the hell out" to half his playing colleagues.

Where does the BNP state that?

The BNP, unlike other political parties, pursues ethno-centric policies. That makes it a wholly different kettle of fish to voting for virtually any other political party across our spectrum. As I've said before, someone voting BNP is either a bigot, an idiot, or both.

Although they're a legal political party and he was entitled to vote for them, once he disclosed that fact to his team mates they had every right to round on him for his decision, so long as it was done using non violent and legal methods.

As I've said before, someone voting BNP is either a bigot, an idiot, or both.

Although they're a legal political party and he was entitled to vote for them, once he disclosed that fact to his team mates they had every right to round on him for his decision, so long as it was done using non violent and legal methods.

Or someone who feels that the mainstream parties have abandoned them.

Or someone who feels that the mainstream parties have abandoned them.

There are plenty of other ways to do that without voting BNP. Hell I strongly disagree with most of UKIP's policies but I'd never say that about UKIP voters.

There's all sorts of other parties you can vote for, you can stay home, you can spoil your ballot paper but if anyone uses that as an excuse for voting BNP they're not fooling anybody.

Any party which differentiates between non-white immigrants and white immigrants (such as in their repatriation policies) immediately loses all right to be seen in the same light as other political parties. They are making policies about who they desire to live in this country based on race, therefore they are, in absolute black and white terms, a racist political party.

So yes, anyone who votes for them is either an idiot for not finding out the facts about the party they're voting for, or a bigot who knowingly votes for a racist party.

None of this is relevant.

What is relevant is that the player was suspended and made to apologise because of the way he voted. According to The Daily Mail that is and they should of course always be taken with a pinch of salt.

Whether or not the BNP are a bunch of noixous racists is neither here nor there. If he wants to vote for them (or The Monster Raving Party or The Natural Law Party etc) then that is his prerogative.

Probably best not to go telling your ethnically mixed squad buddies however if you want to maintain work relations, however...

There are plenty of other ways to do that without voting BNP. Hell I strongly disagree with most of UKIP's policies but I'd never say that about UKIP voters.

There's all sorts of other parties you can vote for, you can stay home, you can spoil your ballot paper but if anyone uses that as an excuse for voting BNP they're not fooling anybody.

Any party which differentiates between non-white immigrants and white immigrants (such as in their repatriation policies) immediately loses all right to be seen in the same light as other political parties. They are making policies about who they desire to live in this country based on race, therefore they are, in absolute black and white terms, a racist political party.

So yes, anyone who votes for them is either an idiot for not finding out the facts about the party they're voting for, or a bigot who knowingly votes for a racist party.

what just like you?

So does that make you a bigot and idiot too?

Your being biggoted towards the BNP... That in itself is hypocritical.

Islamic law states you must hate gays.. So does all other religion tbh..

Also yes i understand they will be racists within BNP but if you think that no racists dont exist in labour.. Tories... Lib dems or any other party im sorry to ###### on your parade but you're wrong..

Oh and if you also things muslims arnt racist then **news flash** they are. Why do you thing they are desperate to get in the west?... To take over and wipe us all out... Thats racist!

Dont just have a go at the BNP without actually looking at the facts and bigger picture..

Yes i voted BNP

I think you are barking up the wrong tree TGM. imho most issues are based on religion and not race.

what just like you?

So does that make you a bigot and idiot too?

Your being biggoted towards the BNP... That in itself is hypocritical.

Islamic law states you must hate gays.. So does all other religion tbh..

Also yes i understand they will be racists within BNP but if you think that no racists dont exist in labour.. Tories... Lib dems or any other party im sorry to ###### on your parade but you're wrong..

Oh and if you also things muslims arnt racist then **news flash** they are. Why do you thing they are desperate to get in the west?... To take over and wipe us all out... Thats racist!

Dont just have a go at the BNP without actually looking at the facts and bigger picture..

Yes i voted BNP

Well done. You've just proved my point and demonstrated yourself as both a bigot and an idiot.

Firstly, this is England. Learn how to speak, type and punctuate in English.

The BNP are specifically targeting non-whites with their repatriation policies, together with targeting a particular religion (Muslims) with others. No other party does this. Therefore there is a clear difference.

You think the Muslims who treat you in hospital, prepare your food in the restaurant, drive your taxi and go down Ewood all, or mostly, want to take us over and wipe you out?

The best thing for England would be if people like you were sterilised..

I think you are barking up the wrong tree TGM. imho most issues are based on religion and not race.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/29/bnp-non-white-britons-resettlement-grants - targeting "non-white" Britons.

They barred non-whites from joining the party until FORCED to by the courts - if you are forced to do something by the courts it hardly counts as changing your policy.

Yes they target Muslims but that's on top of already targeting non-whites. They do both.

Can I ask why?

if you actually head over to www.bnp.org.uk and have a look at their manifesto i agree with every last policy. Now tbh (i've had all this on another forum) if that makes me racist then wkd... Thats what you think... But if all your taking is what you've seen on youtube and read in the media to make out im racist then it dusnt hold any ground.

I am unwilling to take anyone seriously on the matter if they havnt actually been over to www.bnp.org.uk and read through the policies with your own eyes...

To me personally i see absolutley nothing wrong with their policies and im yet to find one single person thats called me racist to point out in detail what policy they find racist and why.... People drag the same old boring ###### up over and over or copy and paste some bias newspaper article (as thats all they've got)

please, whatever you do DO NOT POST THAT KKK YOUTUBE VIDEO CLIP

To me personally i see absolutley nothing wrong with their policies and im yet to find one single person thats called me racist to point out in detail what policy they find racist and why

The bit where they want all non-whites to go home.

The bit where, until being forced to by the courts, they banned all non whites from joining.

It's not bloody rocket science son.

The best thing for England would be if people like you were sterilised..

Sounds like you're just as blinkered and prejudiced.

Change that line to: "The best thing for England would be if Muslims were sterilised" and you'd be up in arms.

Sounds like you're just as blinkered and prejudiced.

Change that line to: "The best thing for England would be if Muslims were sterilised" and you'd be up in arms.

Yes, what I literally want is for ignorant people to be rounded up, forcibly taken to clinics and sterilised.

Do you lack a basic understanding of what an offhand comment is or do you just enjoy sticking up for racists?

In my job i have many conversations with all types of people. You`d be surprised at some of the comments i hear. Lots of pensioners regularly talk about how this town has gone downhill. A popular line is "This used to be a nice area of the town" They are talking about areas such as Little Harwood, Bastwell, Revidge, Roe Lee etc....

Most of the people who say these things aren`t terrible racist thugs, they`re normal working class people who lived in the town all their lives & have seen the immigration policies of countless governments affect the town in ways unimaginable when they first invited immigrants into the UK.

We now effectively live in a town with two distinct communities.

A lot of the people i talk to, say they support & vote BNP, mainly because they blame the mainstream parties for imposing these MASSIVE changes on our communities.

It is so easy to say people who vote BNP are vile racist thugs, but if you actually take time to look many are just ordinary everyday people who feel let down by the big 3 parties.

Archived