BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] English Defence League

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be interesting - I know a couple of people who are part of this movement and they feel hugely misrepresented by the coverage they get and the campaign against them by a left-of-centre coalition. I'm hoping to get a balanced view as I am not really clued up on what they are about to be honest.

Should be interesting - I know a couple of people who are part of this movement and they feel hugely misrepresented by the coverage they get and the campaign against them by a left-of-centre coalition. I'm hoping to get a balanced view as I am not really clued up on what they are about to be honest.

that you wont get that i can assure you, its on the beeb... I will guess they will get as much good press as the BNP and they will be tared with the same racist brush..

The EDL are against islam, but in a pretty big way.. Thats about the gist of the movement really

that you wont get that i can assure you, its on the beeb... I will guess they will get as much good press as the BNP and they will be tared with the same racist brush..

The EDL are against islam, but in a pretty big way.. Thats about the gist of the movement really

Are you suggesting that the BNP deserve 'good press'? The BNP largely get what they deserve, humiliation. They have a right to say what they think and we have a right to judge them for it. 'racist brush?' well being against muslims in 'a pretty big way' does rather smack of racism to me...

Are you suggesting that the BNP deserve 'good press'? The BNP largely get what they deserve, humiliation. They have a right to say what they think and we have a right to judge them for it. 'racist brush?' well being against muslims in 'a pretty big way' does rather smack of racism to me...

islam is a religion has nothing to do with colour of anyones skin... Christ oh mighty....

Im mayor anit islamic.. I hate the religion with a passion so the EDL is right up my street

The EDL and the UAF are the equally nauseating sides of the same coin.............

defo opposites of the coin dude

islam is a religion has nothing to do with colour of anyones skin... Christ oh mighty....

Im mayor anit islamic.. I hate the religion with a passion so the EDL is right up my street

defo opposites of the coin dude

Its the insinuation. A group stating that they're against Muslims in a pretty big way sounds a racist group to me. Obviously i understand that being islamic doesnt have a bearing on the colour of a person's skin, however i dont think that means a great deal to many of the people that support such groups, not that i throw that accusation at yourself.

The EDL and the UAF are the equally nauseating sides of the same coin.............

No, EDL preach hate against one particular group of people and are a fringe far right organisation.

UAF have a few members who go out of control but their aims aren't to preach hate but to stop the forces of fascism and the far right in our country. They are chaired by an ex-Labour London Mayor and their members include our current Conservative PM, so portraying them as being a fringe organisation, or indeed aligned to the far left, would be wholly misleading.

This is why I hope the programme is good as the chaps I know (Blackpool fans btw) do not consider themselves racist and hat the BNP but do hate what they describe as Islamic extremism. Personally, I haven't given it much thought but know I should given the alleged association EDL and organised football followers. Looking forward to becoming more informed! It's better then endless repeats and the mindless trash that passes for TV on the ever-increasing number of channels that are available.

How do people think that joining all-white groups helps fight Islamic extremism? That's just a good excuse. If you want to combat extremism then encourage interaction between various social and ethnic groups and the removal of barriers, don't form a coalition of mindless skinheads and thugs. Islamic extremism is a serious concern for all of the world, but Islam as a whole isn't. Groups like this try to make it out like they are acting for the greater good, but the simple fact is that they are racists who only contributing to the problem.

How do people think that joining all-white groups helps fight Islamic extremism? That's just a good excuse. If you want to combat extremism then encourage interaction between various social and ethnic groups and the removal of barriers, don't form a coalition of mindless skinheads and thugs. Islamic extremism is a serious concern for all of the world, but Islam as a whole isn't. Groups like this try to make it out like they are acting for the greater good, but the simple fact is that they are racists who only contributing to the problem.

i thought the EDl had all nationalities and skin colour? I would say groups like this have come about because they feel the efforts to interact has fallen somewhat on deaf ears.

I don't support them but they have political agenda's just like the UPAF, Jamiat-e Islami, CGT, MEK, CIPK, Sharia High Court or any other organisations that wish to preserve what they feel is their countries heritage or history.

I don't know whay people think this is isolated to white populations.

You can cry 'I'm not a rascist' all you want (though I doubt many would believe you), but there's no way in hell that you can deny being a bigot.

What I find particularly amusing is that on several occasions you've confessed your support of extreme right groups, who, by their very nature are as pro-English as you can get. Yet you lack a basic command of the English language itself.

'Mayor anti-Islamic'? Seriously? What you really are is a vile and insufferable human being, and I use the term 'human being' very loosely here.

You can cry 'I'm not a rascist' all you want (though I doubt many would believe you), but there's no way in hell that you can deny being a bigot.

What I find particularly amusing is that on several occasions you've confessed your support of extreme right groups, who, by their very nature are as pro-English as you can get. Yet you lack a basic command of the English language itself.

'Mayor anti-Islamic'? Seriously? What you really are is a vile and insufferable human being, and I use the term 'human being' very loosely here.

obviously im a bogot... Im anti islamic..

We are all bigots in a way as we all have our predujices.. Its called life.

As i always say, dont really give to shites about whether people think im a racist or not only i know the answer to that. If it comes accross that i am then thats for you to decide..

My spelling... Oh well i dont proof read every post im on an internet forum not applying for a job so it dusnt matter at all to me, nor shud it you

obviously im a bogot... Im anti islamic..

We are all bigots in a way as we all have our predujices.. Its called life.

As i always say, dont really give to shites about whether people think im a racist or not only i know the answer to that. If it comes accross that i am then thats for you to decide..

My spelling... Oh well i dont proof read every post im on an internet forum not applying for a job so it dusnt matter at all to me, nor shud it you

If you weren't such a disgusting individual, I would actually feel quite sorry for you since you're clearly quite simple. Having said that, I'm actually quite glad that you are the way you are, because if you represent a typical member of the modern extreme right movement, then there is no way in hell that fascist pigs like the BNP will ever come close to gaining rule of this great nation.

Oh, and on your English. It doesn't bother me that you can't spell or punctuate. But it should bother you, since it provides further evidence that you are an idiot.

From Wikipedia-

On Saturday, 20 March 2010 demonstrations from Unite Against Fascism (UAF) and the English Defence League (EDL) in Bolton led to violent confrontations and the arrest of at least 55 UAF supporters, including the UAF protest organiser Weyman Bennett, on suspicion of conspiracy to commit violent disorder. At least three EDL supporters were also arrested. The police, while criticising the EDL for "vitriolic name-calling" blamed people predominantly associated with UAF for provoking violence and said that they "acted with, at times, extreme violence".

Perhaps the coin is more one sided than I first suggested..............

From Wikipedia-

On Saturday, 20 March 2010 demonstrations from Unite Against Fascism (UAF) and the English Defence League (EDL) in Bolton led to violent confrontations and the arrest of at least 55 UAF supporters, including the UAF protest organiser Weyman Bennett, on suspicion of conspiracy to commit violent disorder. At least three EDL supporters were also arrested. The police, while criticising the EDL for "vitriolic name-calling" blamed people predominantly associated with UAF for provoking violence and said that they "acted with, at times, extreme violence".

Perhaps the coin is more one sided than I first suggested..............

Yes "people predominantly associated with" obviously means the whole organisation, including our current PM...

I worry about the comprehension skills of so many people on this board..

I do find it highly ironic that those who feel the culture of 'indigenous' British people is being lost because of immigration can't even be arsed to use our language properly.

I do find it highly ironic that those who feel the culture of 'indigenous' British people is being lost because of immigration can't even be arsed to use our language properly.

100% correct LeChuck.

It reminds me of the famous Facebook group: 'If you wanna live in my contry then speek da language' (Or something to that effect).

Yes "people predominantly associated with" obviously means the whole organisation, including our current PM...

I worry about the comprehension skills of so many people on this board..

But thats what the EDL get tarred with because of the actions of a minority. I think the previous posters point was exactly that.

EDL UAF = as bad as each other.

However people are entitled to their views. Thats whats great about this country.

Archived