BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] English Defence League

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During WW2 these people would`ve been rounded up & put into internment camps, so they couldn`t go around undermiming & plotting against the country they`re living in.

So is Defence Regulation 18B (or, say, Operation Demetrius) something you'd like to see repeated today?

East midlands tonight bucky .your class

You're

Can you explain what a bomb (supposedly) originating from Yemen has to do with people in Britain?

So is Defence Regulation 18B (or, say, Operation Demetrius) something you'd like to see repeated today?

Didn't America lock up every Japanese person during the war?

You're

Can you explain what a bomb (supposedly) originating from Yemen has to do with people in Britain?

Doubtful. VERY doubtful.

Well it was actually flown in and discovered in a British airport so there's a starter. It wasn't only the people on the plane that were killed at Lockerbie was it?

Well it was actually flown in and discovered in a British airport so there's a starter. It wasn't only the people on the plane that were killed at Lockerbie was it?

The bombs weren't (as far as we know) made or sent by British Muslims. Stop dragging the thread OT to suit your unpleasant agenda.

The bombs weren't (as far as we know) made or sent by British Muslims. Stop dragging the thread OT to suit your unpleasant agenda.

oh so bin ladens merry crew are not multi national eh?

you shouldnt be commenting on this thread then should you ,if you dont live here? by your own reasoning.

WOULD IT REALLY MATTER IF THE BOMB WAS PLANTED BY ABROAD OR BRITISH MUSLIMS IF IT HAD GONE OFF MID AIR OVER SAY EWOOD WHEN THERES A GAME ON ON THOUSANDS DIE FFS!!!!!!

You're.... DO YOU HONESTLY REALLY THINK BY NOW I GAVE A @#/?!!!!!!

Can you explain what a bomb (supposedly) originating from Yemen has to do with people in Britain?....I HOPE THEY BLOW ONE UP RIGHT OVER YOUR HOUSE ...YOUR PATHETIC :wstu:

Didn't America lock up every Japanese person during the war?

Very close to locking this right now.

Behave, calm down, keep it on topic any away from anything that could be classed as racist, deformation or antagonistic ... or it goes.

We keep getting calls to close threads like this, but naively we think you'd prefer to be treated adults. Don't prove those who would censor your views right, by presenting your views in such a way as you leave us no option.

Very close to locking this right now.

Behave, calm down, keep it on topic any away from anything that could be classed as racist, deformation or antagonistic ... or it goes.

We keep getting calls to close threads like this, but naively we think you'd prefer to be treated adults. Don't prove those who would censor your views right, by presenting your views in such a way as you leave us no option.

Glenn,

I wish you would close it.It's a grubby little thread and every time I come on hoping to find some reasoned argument I leave disappointed and feeling like I need a hot shower to wash away the unpleasantness.

It started out as a thread for EDL apologists and and it hasn't improved with age.

I think it's outlived its welcome to be honest....

The problem is, closing it normally just moves it onto other threads. To get around this, we even had a blanket ban on all race and religious debate, but then a few people managed to steer almost every unrelated topic onto race or religion some how.

Glenn,

I wish you would close it.It's a grubby little thread and every time I come on hoping to find some reasoned argument I leave disappointed and feeling like I need a hot shower to wash away the unpleasantness.

It started out as a thread for EDL apologists and and it hasn't improved with age.

Oh I think it should be made sticky just so that any newcomers can see the intelligence level of many of the posters. :angry:

It must be so difficult to moderate..........

• Backroom

People have a right to air their views no matter how disagreeable or controversial, the problem is yesterday the top 3 threads in ICBINF were this one, the Mosque one and the terrorist funding one and they had all boiled down to the same discussion it seems going around in circles.

• Backroom

The best thing to do would be to merge the threads about racial issues into a single topic, but they've grown so large now that it'd be difficult to do that.

Maybe delete/lock the three main threads and then open another one that is exclusively for racial/religious topics? It obviously won't change the content of the posts but it'd surely be easier to moderate than three seperate threads that are basically about the same thing.

It must be so difficult to moderate..........

Funny you should mention that. After chatting to part of The Guardians online comments moderation team, I've realised how little good info there is around on forum moderation, so I've devised full day training course on forum management and moderation and will be selling my services to present it very soon :)

People have a right to air their views no matter how disagreeable or controversial, the problem is yesterday the top 3 threads in ICBINF were this one, the Mosque one and the terrorist funding one and they had all boiled down to the same discussion it seems going around in circles.

I used to believe that,these days I'm not so sure...

Maybe we could close the three threads you mention and open up one called 'Muslim Haters Only' then they can wallow in their own filth and I'll be happy to leave them to their sorry little agenda without this freedom of speech nonsense giving them legitimacy they don't deserve.

Just a thought.

Before anyone gets carried away here, I may personally believe people have a right to their opinions and beliefs to be able to voice (if not act on them) without fear of recrimination. However I do NOT believe this is a place they should do so. People get very hung up on free speech, but you have to remember our remit here, we're a community based football forum and those are the discussions we wish encourage. So, I have absolutely to qualms about stopping discussions on here which don't put the site in a favourable light, regardless of anyone's right to free speech (which you DON'T have on here by the way) and it's simply a case that if you don't wish to keep without our boundaries for discussion, exercise your right to free speech and set up your own website, blog or forum (it's really easy to do these days).

Before anyone gets carried away here, I may personally believe people have a right to their opinions and beliefs to be able to voice (if not act on them) without fear of recrimination. However I do NOT believe this is a place they should do so. People get very hung up on free speech, but you have to remember our remit here, we're a community based football forum and those are the discussions we wish encourage. So, I have absolutely to qualms about stopping discussions on here which don't put the site in a favourable light, regardless of anyone's right to free speech (which you DON'T have on here by the way) and it's simply a case that if you don't wish to keep without our boundaries for discussion, exercise your right to free speech and set up your own website, blog or forum (it's really easy to do these days).

They really do reflect very poorly on what is a very busy and interesting site and I am very surprised that you allow it. There are plenty of other places to discuss views on race.

They really do reflect very poorly on what is a very busy and interesting site and I am very surprised that you allow it. There are plenty of other places to discuss views on race.

I agree it is an interesting & varied site, but i also think a website for Blackburn fans (alot of whom live in the town) should also be allowed to discuss subjects that involve everyday Blackburn peoples lives.

Anybody who refuses to even aknowledge certain subjects because they aren`t politically correct are just kidding themselves.

I agree it is an interesting & varied site, but i also think a website for Blackburn fans (alot of whom live in the town) should also be allowed to discuss subjects that involve everyday Blackburn peoples lives.

Anybody who refuses to even aknowledge certain subjects because they aren`t politically correct are just kidding themselves.

I was at a talk the other night with somebody from Blackburn with Darwin Council talking about how they are approaching "social media" and she acknowledge one of the biggest problems they;ll face is what some people see as every day life, others will see a undesirable and grubby. We're in a fortunate position, we don't have to be fair (although we try to be), we can't just ban topics of discussion, if people don't like it, they can vote with their feet. However, they don't have that luxury, they have to listen to everyone, no matter how "unacceptable" others feel their viewpoint (or way of expressing their viewpoint) is.

As much as I want to, I'm not living in some wet liberal Utopia where the big society is embraced by a rainbow nation. I'm aware that issues of race, religion and segregation ARE important topics, especially in an area like East Lancashire. But I don't feel they need to be given that much prominence on here. Yes these volatile issues need discussing, but not necessarily on a football forum. Hopefully BwD Council will soon be giving you a platform to do it on.

.... but on here ... until they do .... BEHAVE ! ..... or the Ban Hammer will make a swift return

Why are you reading it then ?

Why are you reading it then ? Just read the footballing threads and err, mind your noggin

Why are you reading it then ?

Why are you reading it then ? Just read the footballing threads and err, mind your noggin

I sometimes read and respond primarily to challenge the belief of some on here that these are views held by the majority of reasonable,fair-minded people.They're not and they never will be.

What's your excuse??

Archived