BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool - Renewed Rivalry

Question for the Blackburn folk - what's parking like around Cherry Tree or Pleasington stations? Been looking at getting to Blackpool on the train and connections are lousy, see the Colne trains go to Blackpool South so looks like getting the train from somewhere like this might be the best option.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for the Blackburn folk - what's parking like around Cherry Tree or Pleasington stations? Been looking at getting to Blackpool on the train and connections are lousy, see the Colne trains go to Blackpool South so looks like getting the train from somewhere like this might be the best option.

Not sure about Pleasington but you'll be OK at Cherry Tree for street parking, I think there is a small car park too.

Going from Colne would take forever on the train... it stops every 2 mins!

nothing! ERRRRRRR

I've moved home and although this years season ticket found it's way to my new address, I am worried.

It has arrived! Excellent, now to plot mornings entertainment, the dinnertime entertainment, the evening entertainment and the nighttime entertainment.

Fast train to bpool goes along the Leeds line, which stops at burnley Manchester Rd and Accy Neil.

The train is Scarbourough to Bpool I believe.

Both Cherry Tree and Pleasington are fine for parking.

Fast train to bpool goes along the Leeds line, which stops at burnley Manchester Rd and Accy Neil.

The train is Scarbourough to Bpool I believe.

Both Cherry Tree and Pleasington are fine for parking.

The fast train goes to Blackpool North.

I don't know how far that is from Blackpool South or the football ground.

• Backroom

Ive just realised that I wont be receiving one. Think I only made 2 league away games, and 2 in the cup. Nightmare

I just rang them... I'm in the exact same position as you, I have 3 cup games and 2 league games, what a load of tosh! :angry:

The fast train goes to Blackpool North.

I don't know how far that is from Blackpool South or the football ground.

North is about 2 miles away from the ground.

South is a lot easier if going stright to the ground, 10 mins walk, just over if you've had a few.

Not sure where to find this, but does anyone know of an adress to write to the club.

I can understand why I haven't been allocated a ticket for Blackpool, but I find the clubs system of determining who gets priority a bit ridiculous.

They should operate the same system as the Dingles, giving you points for every season ticket you buy, and for every away ticket you buy, and then it can work on a points basis.

Not sure where to find this, but does anyone know of an adress to write to the club.

I can understand why I haven't been allocated a ticket for Blackpool, but I find the clubs system of determining who gets priority a bit ridiculous.

They should operate the same system as the Dingles, giving you points for every season ticket you buy, and for every away ticket you buy, and then it can work on a points basis.

I can understand your frustration but the club work off this system probably once a season, I don't think there's any need to change it. And to be fair there's 19 away games in a season, if you've only been to about three or four, quite simply you should have been to more and checked you were on their database.

Anyway answering your question, Contact Us

Its the going rate these days I know, but £84 before we've even set off to the game :o

Good job I don't bother going away until Allardyce changes his approach to away matches :P

amen to that brother...£30 is my cut off ,apart from the bumley game lol.

toyed with the city game but like i said im not going to pay 36 pounds to watch us sit back and take it up the rear. this game he may attack but knowing him he probaly wont.im going on a stag do instead which involve beer and bell vue dogs all day.

But that is what the club effectively do already. For Burnley it was ST holders with, I think 3 or more, away games. Obviously the club looked at the records and calculated this would allow everyone who qualified a ticket. Any unsold tickets would easily go other ST holders. It's the same for Blackpool, 3 away plus an ST.

You can allocate all the points you want but it won't make any difference. Imagine the club give 100 points for an ST and 10 points for each away league game. If you go to two away games you have 120 points, I go to three aways and have 130 points. Points or simply counting the number of aways attended will always come out with the same answer.

Got my two :)

But that is what the club effectively do already. For Burnley it was ST holders with, I think 3 or more, away games. Obviously the club looked at the records and calculated this would allow everyone who qualified a ticket. Any unsold tickets would easily go other ST holders. It's the same for Blackpool, 3 away plus an ST.

You can allocate all the points you want but it won't make any difference. Imagine the club give 100 points for an ST and 10 points for each away league game. If you go to two away games you have 120 points, I go to three aways and have 130 points. Points or simply counting the number of aways attended will always come out with the same answer.

Got my two :)

burnley work it on a system when you get points for each season you have had a season ticket. So based on that, it wouldnt work out the same. You could have had a season ticket and attended 3 away games last season, and had a season ticket this year. That would be 230 points, and get you to the blackpool game.

On that basis, I would have close to 2000 points, but cant go to the blackpool game.

burnley work it on a system when you get points for each season you have had a season ticket. So based on that, it wouldnt work out the same. You could have had a season ticket and attended 3 away games last season, and had a season ticket this year. That would be 230 points, and get you to the blackpool game.

On that basis, I would have close to 2000 points, but cant go to the blackpool game.

Get a grip, there's nothing wrong with the way it's done.

Make sure you get six away games this season or you'll have the same trouble over tickets for the Turd next year.

Get a grip, there's nothing wrong with the way it's done.

Make sure you get six away games this season or you'll have the same trouble over tickets for the Turd next year.

I understand when you say there's nothing wrong with it at the moment. Im sure if you felt you should have got a ticket for the game, but they didnt offer you one, you would be having a similar rant. I just dont understand why cup games wernt included, makes no sense to myself.

amen to that brother...£30 is my cut off ,apart from the bumley game lol.

toyed with the city game but like i said im not going to pay 36 pounds to watch us sit back and take it up the rear. this game he may attack but knowing him he probaly wont.im going on a stag do instead which involve beer and bell vue dogs all day.

I like the sound of that stag do. I'm not paricularly into beer but its years since I went to the dogs ... :unsure: used to be quite good at picking winners.

Sadly, it's Eastlands for me probably with my usual spat with the police and stewards who insist on wandering backwards and forwards in front of my seat thus rendering it impossible to follow the match :(

• Backroom

Sadly, it's Eastlands for me probably with my usual spat with the police and stewards who insist on wandering backwards and forwards in front of my seat thus rendering it impossible to follow the match :(

If it's like last season that may be for the best!

Scuse me, I can't remember if this is my first-ever post on here [when you get to my age...!]; but am really looking forward to the game and wondered if you'd allow me to go back to the early posts on here.

My parents were Blackburn folk; and, because my Dad couldn't easily find work in the 1930s and had relatives who lived in Blackpool, they moved there during the War. I was born and brought up there and can vividly remember being the only 7-year-old in my class at school in Marton who knew for a fact that we [half-way up the old Division 2] were better than the B'pool team which had just won the 1953 F.A. Cup Final. Me Dad told me so, he wouldn't lie!!

So every game @ Ewood was an away game for me - I can remember coming to one game on a Monday night [in August '59 or '60?] with some Blackpool fans who were in the same class as me at school. We got to Ewood; went on different ends of the ground and walked along the Riverside terracing past each other @ half time - can you imagine anything like that happening today?!

Because I lived there in the 50s & 60s, B'pool were my sort-of Burnley - I didn't hate them as much as the Turd Moor team, obviously; but there was a healthy rivalry at school.

I just hope the game's not a bananaskin for us; one of their fans is sufficiently deluded to have insisted on betting me a tenner that they'll win. Mind you, he's impressed by their "Never mind the quality; feel the width" approach to player-recruitment. :rolleyes:

Right; I'll go back to being just a reader on here!

Archived