BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hodilays!

Off to France as usual. Just hoping this weather isn't all the summer we're getting as daughter and 2 little ones are joining us from Munich and we want to be able to take them to the beach and pool as much as possible. Grandad's been in training for this one as he knows he won't get a moment's peace while they are there. Me, I'm just planning to sit on the terrace with my daughter and soak up the sun and wine.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the whole thread before replying

Thanks for your magnanimous reply, I really enjoyed the pomposity of the tone and the content was massively enlightening.

To all those off on their travels, all the very best, hope you all have a great time, spend plenty and come back, healthy and recharged.

• 2 weeks later...

Malta is beautiful at the moment

We've already booked our hols for this year but I have to say that the advertising material put out by the Maltese tourist board is very tempting. I am extremely keen to come to Malta one year, not just because of the obvious beauty and weather but also because my Grandad was caught up with the 2nd Battalion Royal Irish Fusiliers in the seige from 1940 to 1943 and I would love to come over to learn more about it for myself (I've picked up bits and bobs from the internet and obviously I've seen 'Malta Story' - which Grandad said was surprisingly true to the story) but I'd love to maybe see for myself where he was holed up, visit relevant museums and pay my respects at the memorials. However, I unfortunately know nothing about Malta's geography, so wouldn't know if it's feasible to stay in a nice family resort and be able to get to Valetta. Can you offer any advice, Philip?

Malta is beautiful at the moment

Visited Malta (albeit briefly) 35 years ago and thought it looked like a burnt rock and the main town an untidy brickyard. Or has it changed ?

Off to Malcesine, Lake Garda in the morning. Friend's wedding in the castle and two weeks holiday. Can't wait.

Lucky Al. I was in Malcesine 2 weeks ago having caught the ferry from Riva del Garda ( worth a visit). Try the cable car to Monte Baldo.

I am jealous........ps. Pack your Kean/VENKYS Out t-shirt.

Archived