BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gunman On The Rampage In Cumbria

Just got back from camping at Boot. We were about to set off at mid day after packing-up our tent when a woman came running through the campsite shouting that we had to take cover in the camp offices ... one of the campers had been shot. We then spent the next couple of hours holed-up in the toilet block with helicopters circling constantly overhead. They couldn't get an ambulance up the valley for the camper who had been shot in the face as they couldn't pinpoint where the gunman was ... luckily there was a doctor camping at the site and he attended to the victim (who's injuries were not life threatening). Eventually we were allowed out and set off home. We passed the point where the gunman had shot himself .. on a path that we had walked down yesterday....a very surreal day.

Just got back from camping at Boot. We were about to set off at mid day after packing-up our tent when a woman came running through the campsite shouting that we had to take cover in the camp offices ... one of the campers had been shot. We then spent the next couple of hours holed-up in the toilet block with helicopters circling constantly overhead. They couldn't get an ambulance up the valley for the camper who had been shot in the face as they couldn't pinpoint where the gunman was ... luckily there was a doctor camping at the site and he attended to the victim (who's injuries were not life threatening). Eventually we were allowed out and set off home. We passed the point where the gunman had shot himself .. on a path that we had walked down yesterday....a very surreal day.

Surreal and shocking too I'd imagine Neil.

Surreal and shocking too I'd imagine Neil.

True Gordon. Just showing the Woolpack Inn on the news at the moment. If you had told me this time last night when we were having a meal there that only 24hrs later it would be at the center of a national news story I would have laughed. Just goes to show that you don't know what's around the corner in life.

Just can't imagine what was going on in his mind. One victim is Gary Purdham who played RL for Whitehaven and whose brother plays RL for the Quins. Reports say Gary was trimming the hedges with his Uncle when Bird drove past and shot him. Utterly senseless.

True Gordon. Just showing the Woolpack Inn on the news at the moment. If you had told me this time last night when we were having a meal there that only 24hrs later it would be at the center of a national news story I would have laughed. Just goes to show that you don't know what's around the corner in life.

Even worse if children are with you. I rem the news coming on the radio about Thomas Anderson and Dunblane. My two were 6 and 5 at the time and I was driving around Petre Arms roundabout when I heard it on the car radio. I'm normally unflappable but I was so stunned and in such disbelief that I couldn't concentrate on my driving and had to pull over 100yds up the the Langho road for a few minutes until I could gather my thoughts.

Archived