BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Iphone 4G

The HTC Desire (Android) does exactly the same thing. The antenna is in the bottom of the phone and when you hold it as you would to make a call or use the internet, the signal goes down. Completely barmy design. Doesn't appear as bad as the iphone examples I've seen here though but still annoying.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technology - what a con

All this 3G/4G stuff

I remember 10 years ago when I was doing some IT module during my degree they were talking about modems being replaced by ISDN, ADSL (whatever) and so forth and mobile phones would eventually have 3G which would enable hi levels of multimedia 2 way communication and the like. Now we're alrady onto 4G as the limitations to the 3G have alrady been met. What?!!! If that's the case then mobiles should be quicker than broadband.. why?

Because my current laptop is supposedly 5 times faster than the one I bought 5 years ago, and that was 10 times quicker than the PC I was using at University (P166?), and my Internet now runs at 10MB/second or something similar.

Hell, I used to play lots of PC games and now I don't. My PC still slows down now when I have too many applications open. "Buffering" must be THE word of the new millenia.

Something tells me we're all being led astray, and we're falling for it left right and centre.

My PC still slows down now when I have too many applications open. "Buffering" must be THE word of the new millenia.

IF your Vista then I understand your pain. XP was far better, if I have 2 or 3 things open then forget it. If someone wants to chat to me on facebook well my pc freezes for a min to work it all out. Vista even will stop me playing some songs.

Phones are getting better mind you.

This Iphone isn't 4G, it's 3G but the 4th Generation.

Yea you know that, but I bet their marketing doesn't make that clear to the general population.

"4G iPhone with 3G coverage", doesn't sound overly catchy.

The HTC Desire (Android) does exactly the same thing. The antenna is in the bottom of the phone and when you hold it as you would to make a call or use the internet, the signal goes down. Completely barmy design. Doesn't appear as bad as the iphone examples I've seen here though but still annoying.

Don't criticise the desire, tris will be set loose on you in his full anti-apple outfit ;)

Yea you know that, but I bet their marketing doesn't make that clear to the general population.

"4G iPhone with 3G coverage", doesn't sound overly catchy.

Well they happily claim that the iPad is "Magical" in their adverts when it is clearly operated through fairly logical modern electronics. Furthermore it claims "you already know how to use it" but at the same time they include instructions in the box.

Just found an app for IP Board, the software that runs this forum. Appears to give full functionality on an iPhone. Only made this post so far so not sure if it's better than Tapatalk or not. Saying that can't access board from Tapatalk at the moment

Just found an app for IP Board, the software that runs this forum. Appears to give full functionality on an iPhone. Only made this post so far so not sure if it's better than Tapatalk or not. Saying that can't access board from Tapatalk at the moment

Paul, I don't know if you've seen, but the mb has got a new mobile skin, which appears to be properly optimised for mobiles. Just log on through the normal internet browser.

Ok tried that and using now. Certainly have access to all functions which the app seems not to have. However app is easier for reading and posting. On the mobile platformstill need to pinch to expand but this is the case with the app

Right, here is the situation:

My friend who lives in the US has an unlocked, jailbroken 3GS 32gb which he wants to sell as he has has the iPhone 4. He'll sell it me for £130. I need to know what things I need to be aware of regarding contracts. I am hoping I can use the £15 Three offer (sim only) specifically aimed at the iPhone (I know that they support it, in other words).

Will a UK SIM work on an unlocked US phone?

Help appreciated!

No expert on the matter.

I was recently making enquires about phones that had been unlocked.

If they were on a network when new, unlocking will work OK with any sim.

Problem is some phones if you allow the battery to die they will need unlocking again and again and again.

The phone I was making enquires about was the Sony X10.

If the iphone is Unlocked by a network (not by some dodgy software or jailbreak type thing) then it doesnt matter if it goes off or not.

As for the US one, it should work mate - but if I was you id just double check over on the apple forums.

Cant you take it and then if it doesnt work just get a refund from him??

Post on the apple board and you will probably get a quick response....I would suggest it would work as that Canadian fella came over to London to specially get an unlocked one, which he was taking home to use.

You will need to get a micro sim to use it though

Archived