BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Digest And Links (Summer 2010)

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 2

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 15:00 today. Note that nicko has been very active on the transfer thread during this period.

Any comments should be confined to the relevant threads - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

nicko chat

Today's digest sees the return of the Eleven O'Clocker.

Starting to think this meeting yesterday between manager and board [plus possible outside criticism perhaps] may have been productive.

There is a THIRD possible trialist now being worked on in the last day or so...and that is just the names reaching me.

Is he any good, Nicko?

The midfielder is an interesting one. There are a few possible destinations for him right now and it is a bit delicate. But it started getting serious today, so give it a day or so and there may be more news on that one.

The midfielder is a new name and at the younger end of the market...interesting...would be for the first team.

I can guarantee all three of the names I have heard today have never been mentioned before.

Just wait to see what goes down in the next couple of weeks.

By the way, Chris Nathaniel chap has just signed a young Ghanaian right back...once of Real Madrid, now of Standard Liege...the guy is obviously busy.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 2

Any comments should be confined to the relevant threads - DO NOT POST THEM HERE!

The Eleven O'Clocker

The surprise trialist is due to be an Isareli lad called Gai Assulin, who has just left Barcelona.

Assulin was a big talent as a kid and played for his country at a very young age.

He had a bad knee injury and lost a season but played for Barca ressies last season and also appeared in some of their friendlies.

He is only 19, a gifted midfielder.

And if he accepts the Rovers invite he should be here very soon.

Obviously a free and the wages are not ridiculous, so it fits with the current situation.

No more clues on the keeper and the striker who may head over too.

Assulin seems to be the first expected.

more nicko chat

Do you know anything about this brazil striker on trial?

Strange one. The guy seems to be the same fella described as a defender who arrived a couple of weeks ago.

Beginning to think he is using a 'moody' name on the team sheet.

Or someone got the wrong name in the first place.

Not guilty, your honour.

Nicko, I feel I know the striker... Should I PM you first or do you think revealing it on here wouldn't be an issue?

Feel free to have a stab.

Assulin has been invited over. He is due to decide today.

His agent has done deals with the manager in the past.

So there is a clear line of communication.

This one has a chance - I don't think Rovers and the agent would have put it to the player if he was genuinely still wanted by the Arsenals of the world.

He needs to prove he is fit and strong enough for the Premier. Might as well do it at Blackburn.

Nicko, Do you know if we had scout to watch Jelavic yesterday?

I would presume so...there are a few being watched in pre-season action.

Katlego Mphela.

I had not heard that name, but that doesn't mean he is not under consideration. I know he is being offered around just now.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 15:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. Note that nicko has been active on the transfer thread during this period as per below.

nicko on Assulin and Big Sam's whereabouts

Sorry to say there is not an Assulin update.

I don't think he has decided whether to come over yet...but there is still time.

A contact in agent tells me there are other clubs after him, but I don't think they are bigger than Rovers.

So it's just a 'wait and see' what his answer is.

Assulin is due in on Monday.

We shall see.

There seem to be a few others trying to do something with him before then, so don't be holding your breath.

Other English clubs nicko?

Two English at least...seem to be a lot of agents claiming to look after him since he left Barcelona.

No Sam at pre-season games today as he is away on "business".

There is a Sir Bobby Robson golf day in Portugal today...I wonder...

Could he have gone to look at a player? maybe Jelavic. Rapid Vienna play today.

Not unless he plays golf too...

Nicko- is Assulin due on Monday for talks or trial? Just to clarify.

It would be a trial. He has to prove his fitness first and foremost. If he does well, then there is the possibility that he goes to Australia I suppose.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Early afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to noon today. Note that nicko has been active on the transfer thread during this period as per below.

Ricardo Faty

The Roma midfielder is quoted in the News Of The World as having said "I have had requests from Blackburn, West Ham, AEK Athens and Olympiacos".

News Of The World, 17 July 2010

Faty claims English offers

(thanks to ffan for the link)

Gai Assulin

The News Of The World claims that Assulin will be starting a one-week trial at the Rovers on Monday.

News Of The World, 18 July 2010

Assulin handed Blackburn trial: Barca reject gets opportunity

(thanks to Hughesy for the link)

Phil Jones

The People is reporting that Spurs may make a move for Phil Jones. Also, Chimbonda, Roberts and Zurab are reported to be surplus to requirements.

The People, 18 July 2010

Spurs chase Blackburn defender Phil Jones

(thanks to smoss for the link)

Claudio Morel Rodríguez

ChesterRover came across the following story on the Paraguayan UltimaHora.com website, linking Rovers with 32-year-old Paraguayan left-sided defender Morel Rodríguez, who has been released from Boca Juniors. According to the article, he has "interesting offers from Europe, but especially from England and Turkey", and the team looking to take him on is Blackburn Rovers, "where Roque Santa Cruz played for a period".

UltimaHora.com, 16 July 2010

Recanate ahora va por Morel Rodríguez

(thanks to ChesterRover for the link)

Brett Emerton

In an interview with The Sun-Herald[/url], Brett has poured cold water on the idea that he will be leaving the Rovers.

Australian FourFourTwo, 18 July 2010

Emmo To Remain A Rover

(thanks to Hughesy for the link)

yesterday's nicko chat

[...] gossip going round about a move for Chopra at Cardiff, any truth Nicko?

I don't think he is the manager's type, doesn't work too hard...not sure he is Premier quality either...and can't see Rovers paying money for him - even with Cardiff needing cash.

Emerton to Hull, I've just seen someone on a Hull board saying he's going to them :S

Absolutely no chance...

The Early Eleven O'Clocker

Just a wee early 11 o'clocker...

ROBERTS - confirmed he could be off, is waiting for offers.

OTHER SALES - one or two can go...more details in People tomorrow [hopefully].

PARAGUAYAN LEFT BACK - could be something in that, decent player, free.

today's nicko chat

Chimbonda and Zurab can go - along with Jason Roberts - and those are the three players who will have to leave to bring in money for reinforcements.

I like Chimbonda but you have lots of right backs and he can go. Zurab is now sub for the reserves, but sitting on his contract - which is understandable.

I don't think there is anything in the Jones story and I don't see anyone paying big for Samba right now.

If either of those went the manager may opt to stay in Portugal and have another round of golf.

Business as usual?

Nicko, someone said that they served Sam and Raul at Northcote Manor yesterday. I know you said Sam's in Portugal but could there be any truth in this at all.

Sam was in Portugal yesterday and is still there today...Sir Bobby Robson golf thing...good cause, peculiar timing.

Nicko. Are we sending a scout to watch Jelavic in the first game of the season for Rapid Vienna? Is he still Big Sam 1st choice for us? If Roberts goes than will we be after 2 or 3 strikers?

I would imagine he would be, but there are so many strikers being watched right now that it is hard to take in...

Roberts can go, it's a matter of who wants him and what they are paying.

If he leaves there could be a couple of strikers coming in...the next few weeks may be lively.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from noon yesterday to 17:00 today. Note that nicko has been active on the transfer and takeover threads during this period as per below. The main news today concerns the reports out of India regarding the takeover bid. Please follow the discussions on the takeover thread for the latest developments, speculation, and general bedlam.

Saurin Shah takeover bid

Significant developments in the negotiations for the takeover of the club by Saurin Shah are being reported in India today in the Hindustan Times, with claims that due diligence is already underway.

Hindustan Times, 19 July 2010

Indian businessman closes in on Blackburn: Source

(thanks to keyzer80 for the alert)

Takeover talk

There are no quotes but the fact that the buying price is a bit bigger than expected suggests there is a lot of validity in the article.

There must have been some delay and that would clearly be over the buying price. Hopefully there is a compromise.

The key point is...are they at the due diligence stage? If so, then it is a big possibility. If not, they are just talkers and leakers.

You would hardly expect quotes, NDA??.

It wasn't a criticism, just an observation.

The key part for me is that it is MORE than they thought they would have to pay.

That explains the painful delay of the past few weeks.

I think there is a time-scale here - there has to be - and this story tells me that there may be some hope of a resolution.

I wonder if this is a link in some way to what is going on behind the scenes.

The money quoted is obviously not Rovers as we stand, but ??????.

EPL club to buy IPL team

The story is old, but there is a tie-up in the background.

Nathaniel was involved with Zahavi and Joorabchian in this project.

Then Nathaniel and his chums appear as part of takeover teams looking at Rovers and Leicester City.

Someone somewhere thinks there is a benefit in having an English club and an IPL team tie-up...I don't know why, but power-brokers and the like are up to something on that front.

Transfer talk

Anything in the Faty rumour, Nicko?

[...]

The story was out at the start of last week, I think there were three or four teams mentioned...so I am treating that one with caution.

Strikers seem to be the priority just now. Maybe one, maybe two.

Assulin's trial would mean a new midfielder for nothing if he is fit enough and strong enough.

Then, perhaps, this left-sided defender - the Paraguayan lad has a ring of truth to me. No evidence to support it though.

Zurab's contract

[...]

Zurab is on about £30,000-a-week. [...] To be fair, the club gave him a new deal not so long ago - if anyone is to blame for him being an over-paid sub for the reserves it is whoever gave him that contract.

Zurab's wages became common knowledge last season when many clubs came in for him on loan. He was at Newcastle and Reading and I think you will find it came out at the time that he is on around £30,000-a-week.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 17:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. Note that nicko has been briefly active on the transfer and takeover threads during this period.

Saurin Shah takeover bid

Yesterday evening, the Lancashire Telegraph refuted claims made earlier in the day that due diligence was already underway and suggested that Shah was not on the verge of completing a takeover as had been intimated by earlier reports.

Lancashire Telegraph, 19 July 2010

Shah not 'on the brink' of Blackburn Rovers takeover

Takeover talk

[...]

I am just waiting for due dilligence to be confirmed...that's they key to the whole thing.

If it has, then this is very serious.

If it has not, it might confirm some fears that these people are just talking a good game.

Transfer talk

Did that Barca kid turn up to his trial does anyone know?

This deal is one major pain in the butt.

The agent who says he has Assulin as a client claims he is in Israel and awaiting a 'minor' operation.

And yet another agent has lined him up to be at Rovers today.

I don't think he has shown up...and the way this is heading it sounds like one to avoid.

according to my friend who is an aston villa fan, rovers are interested in reo coker. villa will sell at £4mil but we were interested for about £1.5mil. i'm not sure where he has heard this, probably at the villa forum, but is there any truth in it nicko?

i can't see it myself, especially if we are keeping grella.

Reo-Coker wants to move. He could be as cheap as £1 million. But as of a minute ago there has been no Rovers move for him. His agent is Tony Finnegan who is known in these parts...

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 15:00 today. Note that nicko has been active on the transfer thread during this period.

Benjani

chaddyrovers posted the following link to a brief piece in The Mirror that claimed Wolves were leading the chase for Benjani with Rovers and West Ham also interested. This prompted posters to cite the "three-club rule" and led to the exchange below.

Mirror Football, 20 July 2010

Wolves, West Ham and Blackburn in three-way fight for ex-Man City star

The '3 club rule' has been quoted on here for years. I have a few explanations in my mind, but none seem to make total sense.

So what IS the 3 club rule?

Is it if there are 3 clubs named in a rumour it can't be true? If so, why?

The three club rule...an explanation.

If a story appears with three clubs linked ith the same player it probably means - at best - that one of the clubs is genuinely interested but is hidden among two other teams who are probably rivals to that club and have little interest in the player.

This means that the story probaly came from an agent who is revving it up to get the move over the line.

This also usually means that the deal does not happen.

I should also add the 'last dance at the disco' rule which probably applies in Benjani's case.

The window is about to shut, the panic sets in and you grab anything with a pulse.

Other transfer talk

ASSULIN...no show from what I hear.

NEW FACES...no sign of anything before Australia.

BENJANI/ILAN...possibles, but in the 'desperate deadline deal' category.

TAKEOVER...another week passes, no progress.

It would be worrying if there weren't so many poor teams around elsewhere.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 3

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 15:00 yesterday to 16:00 today. Note that nicko has been very active on both the transfer thread and the takeover thread during this period. Today's digest is organised, as far as is practicable, according to topic for ease of reading with some posts edited for the sake of clarity only.

Sam on the takeover and transfers

Sam has been quoted on SkySports.com as having said to The Sun that "We need to know what is happening sooner rather than later. I know there is all the due diligence business to go through, but surely you either want to buy a football club or you don't. It is as simple as that."

Sky Sports, 22 July 2010

Sam wants ownership action: Blackburn boss wants club's ownership issue resolved quickly

(thanks to nicko for the link and to John for the initial alert on the story)

Takeover talk

Football has gone mad. Americans, Indians, Russians etc buying up what were local football clubs just so we can fund the ridiculous wages of players like Roberts and Andrews.

This will all end in disaster sooner or later.

You forgot the Arabs, the Thais...troubling times.

Forget the media Hype the FACTS are

1.They were there at the Arsenal Game - 3rd May

2.Saurin Shah spoke to the LT with "Serious about takeover" - 12th June

3. NO official word negative or positive about the takeover from Shah or rovers till now - July 22nd

Thats almost 4 months in that 4 months all the facts we can see is that we know rovers have an alternative transfer list. all the rest i agree is media hype but 2 parties talking about a sale for 4 months and one party doesn't have the money or doesn't know the asking price I don't buy.

I think the process and interest has been going on even longer.

That tells me two things:

1 - there is a disagreement on valuation, tied in with a question of what funds the buyers have available to [a.] buy the club and [b.] run it.

2 - Rovers and their owners desperately want there to be a deal. If not they would have rubbished them. And if this fails it's Plan B in the transfer market and the downward spiral that might risk, plus the questions about exactly how well the Trustees support their club.

I have to say some of the negative stuff about this Indian move puzzles me. WHY are some people dead against it when they do not have the facts?

Thought for the day.

If the local paper claim there is other takeover interest why do they not name them? You would if you had that information.

Or is that information from the club and this is an attempt to push up the buying price?

Heard something Nicko?

I know there is a rumour going round about a second bidder.

Just wondering who starts these things off...and why?

To be fair to the LT Nicko, they do have responsibilities to the club if they want to continue decent relations with them. Keeping that relationship is better for both the LT and the club. Outing any potential buyer/s could work against the LT - wouldn't you agree?

I don't buy that explanation.

It would be in the club's interest if there was a second bidder.

1 - to hurry things up.

2 - to push the price up [perhaps].

But the only way you would take the 'second bidder' rumour seriously would be if you would put more detail into it. I heard it yesterday from two sources but that could just be a way of revving up an auction.

I hope this deal is not being held up because the Trustees want too much...

ROOSTER then asked nicko about the chances of the takeover going through soon.

[...]

I hope it happens soon but I would not count on it.

I said before there HAS to be a cut-off point for the talks with the Indians. But, sad to say, this could rumble on and on without a conclusion.

The lack of money available to the manager could develop into a major problem in so many ways.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 3

Andranik Teymourian

According to the official site, trialist Andranik Teymourian will not be travelling to Australia with the squad for the Sydney Festival of Football.

Rovers.co.uk, 21 July 2010

Ando out, Josh in

Grant Hanley

The official site reports that Scotland U-19 international Grant Hanley has signed a new five-year contract.

Rovers.co.uk, 21 July 2010

Defender signs new deal

(thanks to budha for the link)

Guti

Still looking for a home...

16.27 BST: Marseille have reportedly turned down the chance to sign Guti, who is on the search for a new club.

Are teams put off by his wage demands and history of injuries?

I think he has spoken to all of the interested clubs and found out his dream £60,00-a-week contract is not on offer anywhere.

That would be why he has gone back to Real, possibly looking for a pay off.

Starting to think he is just looking for a final pay day.

Avoid.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #3 of 3

Transfer talk

Nicko is the market just waiting for a few deals to set the ball rolling or is it likely there will be little happening.

In general it is pretty quiet. But most clubs have done the odd bit of business.

There is a dangerous feeling in some places that you can get away without spending and still stay up. That may be the case, but it doesn't help progress.

Any mid-table club signing four or five good players in this window will [a.] guarantee safety and [b.] probably get their money back in a higher reward for finishing four or five places up the table.

But if you don't have cash, you can't gamble.

[...]

the report in the telegraph also says that live targets a few weeks ago arn't there now ...polish guy ? boyd ? dindane?? cant think of any other strikers who have moved recently who would have been in our price range

Lewandovski was probably the first choice...too dear.

Dindane was just a mess and probably put too many people off with his behaviour.

Piquionne was considered a good buy on decent wages by West Ham.

I don't think Boyd was ever a real possibility.

nicko, would Big Sam take a chance on Championship Striker like Hooper or Maynard. A mate who lives in Norway say that we are interest in Pedersen the norwegian striker? Is this true? Are they any other striker targets you know about???

Hooper is not Premier League standard. Maynard might be, but would cost a fair amount.

Pedersen is one of about ten [maybe more] strikers who have been checked on that I have heard about.

Nobody has ticked all of the boxes so far.

The money box in particular.

Are the reports of Nugent having a medical rubbish?

I would be surprised if that was right.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 16:00 yesterday to 18:00 today. Note that nicko has been very active on the transfer thread during this period.

New striker

The Lancashire Telegraph reported that the Rovers are making headway in their bid for a new striker.

Lancashire Telegraph, 23 July 2010

Blackburn Rovers closing in on striking target

(thanks to den for the link)

Transfer talk

I am hearing Benjani has failed a medical or two elsewhere in the past couple of weeks...so I don't think he will be coming to Rovers.

Beattie is still a fall-back.

But there seems to be someone who could fit the bill in terms of experience, stature and price.

Just wonder about his wages...

Nicko, will 'Mystery striker A' be named in the Mirror tomorrow or Sunday's People?

After all, I remember a wise man saying, 'if you are journo with certain information, why keep it to yourself??'

Just trying to get an update on it. If so, expect an 11 o'clocker.

One clue - it's not Luca Toni.

In response to a number of links in the press to Oldham's Tom Eaves and Gary O'Neil of Middlesbrough, among others:

EAVES...too bizarre...didn't even start for Oldham when I saw them the other night.

O'NEIL...agent fanny talk...no cash for a midifielder right now.

GYAN...too expensive.

BANCE...been mentioned, but big fee and some doubt about his passport status.

TONI...still not him. ;)

In response to further speculation regarding miscellaneous players from board members:

DAVIES...would be ideal, but you won't be getting him.

BEATTIE...seems the loan option has been tried, but Stoke want £1.5 million...he's not the 'live' one I heard about.

RAUL...was causing interest, but too expensive.

TONI...it's a running gag for those who missed it.

More clutching at straws:

Still an omission of Klose or Heskey there Nicko.... go on, please be Klose.

(you don't have to reply Nicko, just give us a few minutes to actually believe that we have a decent target in mind)

KLOSE...but no cigar.

I'll go for Jelavić. Reportedly we've had scouts at several of his matches, but possibly more telling though is that he hasn't been mentioned in Nicko's 2 posts which mention specific names.

Haven't see enough of him to comment on his usefulness.

Jelavic has been a target for a few weeks now, but his club's progress in Europe - and the price - are probably making that difficult.

The one that seems to be on the boil just now is more local.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Morning update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 18:00 yesterday to 10:00 today. Note that nicko was very active on the transfer thread yesterday.

Aruna Dindane

L'Equipe reports that early summer transfer target Aruna Dindane has left Lens for Lekhwiya of Qatar.

L'Equipe, 23 July 2010

Dindane à Lekhwiya

(thanks to nicko for the link)

Franco Di Santo

The Mirror speculatively linking us with Di Santo:

Mirror Football, 23 July 2010

Chelsea to free up space for new striker by selling Di Santo

Could we be signing Di Santo Nicko? Seeing as Chelsea are keen to get rid?

[see above for link]

I had to check the date on that one too... ;)

Rather old.

Chelsea are trying to put him to Feyenoord for some reason.

Bolton want him, Wigan want him...but that Chelsea mob are one strange club.

No contact from Rovers and unlikely to be.

Mamadou Samassa

Footmercato.com is reporting that Mali striker Mamadou Samassa of Olympic Marseille is being pursued by Rovers, Wigan and Stoke.

Mercato, 23 July 2010

Ça s'agite autour d'un indésirable de l'OM

(thanks to John for the initial alert)

New transfer target

Meanwhile, discussion and speculation continued regarding the new "mystery" striker reported on yesterday.

Nicko, is the player on a free transfer if not is the club looking to sell him.

Also, does this mean he can switch his attention to a midifelder

No, Mr Shah, it would be a buy...

And there might not be a midfielder if you don't get your takeover done sharpish.

Hot news for you

Big Sam was in a furious rage after the game on Tuesday and offered his resignation unless certain conditions are met. These conditions include funds from whomever is in charge of the club and a guarantee over his personal position in the uncertainty.

The manager spoke to several board members before making the offer to leave the club if no assurances were given.

This story is live and real.

I hope he doesnt leave well certainly not in cloudy situations like these.

Top work by the 'inside' man...so you might as well have an early 11 o'clocker.

There has been some real screaming going on - and that is why moves are afoot to land a striker.

I understand that Heskey at £2 million is the current hot topic, with Villa willing to sell and the player prepared to move.

However there is every reason to believe there are other options being pursued.

To be honest, the whole situation with the manager is probably bigger than landing a striker right now.

The paper will be running a Heskey tale, but I'm starting to think I should have done it about the manager and his future.

Thanks Nicko I am sure I was really going to be believed lol

Credit where it's due...

By the way, Heskey is not the worst if the price is right. He could fit with the way the manager plays.

The pressure is on to do a deal for him - or anyone - now, as the manager has made it pretty clear what he has is not good enough.

Credit there too.

Emile Heskey

Around 11pm, The Mirror reported that Rovers are about to bid £2 million for Aston Villa and former England international striker Emile Heskey. The board reaction to the news was the customary potent admixture of sound reasoning and unbridled misery accompanied by suicide threats amid general mayhem.

Mirror Football, 23 July 2010

Blackburn plot surprise swoop for Aston Villa star

(thanks to chaddyrovers for the link)

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 10:00 to 17:00 today. Note that nicko was active on the transfer thread during this period.

Emile Heskey and the mystery striker

The Lancashire Telegraph has been busy this morning, first of all reporting that a bid had been made for a striker, whose identity was not being revealed by the club to protect the ongoing negotiations. Then, later in the morning, the LT reported that the Rovers have denied that the striker in question is Emile Heskey.

Lancashire Telegraph, 24 July 2010

Blackburn Rovers boss: Tenth spot is just like winning title

Nicko, how close is Heskey?

Heskey was certainly high on the agenda yesterday. However I know of a couple of other strikers whose names are being put forward.

Villa would certainly let him go. The wages will take a bit of handling.

The good news is that the word is out that a striker HAS to be signed - albeit within the budget.

I have to say the manager's mood and thoughts are probably a more interesting factor in things right now.

Could be a lively few days.

Lancashire Telegraph, 24 July 2010

Blackburn Rovers dismiss Heskey links

(thanks to steve for the link)

Is that really the best they can come up with?

And no reference to the behind-the-scenes stuff...there's a shock.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 2

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 17:00 yesterday to 14:00 today. Note that nicko was active on the transfer and takeover threads during this period. Please note that a minor degree of editing has been undertaken for ease of reading only.

Guti-bye

Soccernet reports that Guti has signed for Besiktas, thus ending any lingering interest in the Real Madrid legend.

Soccernet, 25 July 2010

Guti leaves Real Madrid to sign for Besiktas

(thanks to MarkBRFC71 for the alert)

Transfer talk

Nicko, how far has it gone, has a bid actually been made for Heskey, does he know about it, is he prepared to come or fight it out at Villa, and since Sam has been after a goal scorer all summmer when did Heskey fit into that bracket?

Sounds like it has come and gone...losing the will to live on the new signing front.

Anyway, when are you going to get to due diligence?

Does that mean someone else is in the frame? Come on nicko give us a clue

Striker-wise...I hope so.

Takeover-wise...I hope so.

This is July 25, three weeks from the start of the season...I am hoping for something to move.

Shocking.

[...]

Any news Nicko, on the two loan players due in after the Auss trip.

Remind me...where is that from?

BENJANI...just won't pass a medical.

BEATTIE...it's £1.5 million...no chance of a loan...surely not, but don't discount it.

ILAN...does anyone know where he is.

STRONG DRINK...needed.

Weren't there a couple of trialists supposed to be coming in at one point?

One of them would not come.

The other is now back in his club's first team and doing well.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 2

Transfer talk (continued)

Nicko, is there any chance we might go for Danny Welbeck on loan? Considering Fergie said he wants to loan him out to a prem side this season?

Welbeck is available, but the feeling is that he is not Premier class just yet - just a bit physically lightweight.

Nicko is there going to be a 11 o'clocker tonight and have you any news about transfers or the takeover? :rolleyes:

Nothing to report. Unfortunately.

It would be no surprise if one of the manager's pals ran something about how bad things are in one of the papers.

No clues about strikers who may be willing to come in the £2 million bracket.

Long since stopped holding my breath on that one.

Have I got this right?

- Nicko says all transfers are on hold until the takeover is sorted.

- LET and JW say that's not the case.

- Sam gets sick of waiting and threatens to quit unless he gets to sign someone before the season starts.

- The £2.5m mentioned as our budget by the LET appears to be back on the table, but seems not to be enough to sign Heskey and pay his wages.

How do we expect to get anyone good enough on that kind of money? A big wages freebie seems like the best option.

Transfers have been on hold...until the manager blew his top...now there are serious moves to spend money...just no-one found yet to land...and the boss's temper getting worse...

The takeover and transfers

[...]

There are so many issues to be settled right now that it is hard to keep up.

I hear this 'second bidder' that is being talked about and leaked may have been on the scene for about six months.

No idea when the Indians will ever come up with an offer or a request for due diligence.

And the manager's outbursts have got people running around looking for players within the budget in a very difficult market.

Stormy.

One has to ask why they hadn't been running round looking for players within budget beforehand.

I heard - despite the denials - that nothing was coming in or going out during the takeover 'talks' of the past few weeks.

The manager obviously broke ranks by admitting that last week and since then real efforts are being made.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 2

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 14:00 yesterday to 17:30 today. Note that nicko was active on the transfer and takeover threads during this period as per below. Please note that a degree of editing has been undertaken for ease of reading only.

Vince Grella

The Lancashire Telegraph reports that sources in Turkey are suggesting that Galatasaray are once again interested in Vince.

Lancashire Telegraph, 26 July 2010

Allardyce: Brett's best is yet to come

Henrique Haygnner

The Lancashire Telegraph has confirmed that Henrique Haygnner, a 19-year-old midfielder from Pacos Ferreira of Portugal, has commenced a trial, joining fellow Brazilian Rodrigo Branco, who has had his trial extended. Meanwhile, there are reports of interest in Zurab from Turkey.

Lancashire Telegraph, 26 July 2010

Zurab free to quit Rovers

(thanks to den for the Zurab alert and link)

unleaded has posted a couple of Youtube videos of Haygnner, while bats posted the following link to the briefest of pieces in The Mirror, with Parsonblue commenting on the young Brazilian.

He came on as a second half substitute at Rhyl on Saturday. Obviously one for the long term rather than this season. He seemed like a holding player judging by his performance on Saturday. Hopefully, he will be on view at Barrow tommorrow night.

Transfer talk

Nicko, has there been any interest from us in Felipe Caciedo? He seems to have a bit of ability, and City don't need him. Maybe we could get him on the cheap?

It was a hoax story put on wiki on Friday, although ironically I believe his name has been put in. Decent player if he could ever master the offside law.

Definitely wouldn't mind him if the price is right. I'm guessing Jelavic's price is now considered too high, still on our radar at all?

I think his price is probably too high and his availability small right now.

Nicko, with the LET denying the target we bid for on Friday and continuing negotiations for is Heskey, are you able to discover who the target actually is ?

That would be presuming there is one...

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #2 of 2

Takeover talk

Yesterday's discussion continued regarding the identity of a second bidder reported to be involved in the takeover by nicko, with nicko first of all confirming that the bidder had American links in response to chaddyrovers' enquiry.

If it is being talked about and leaked, are you aware of those involved who have been on the scene for the past 6 months? I was under the impression that you thought there may not be a second bidder. Yet today you believe there is. If they have been around for 6 months they have certainly kept it quiet.

I am told the 'second bidder' is 'American' in some way...and this lot have been lurking for around six months.

That would tell me they are in the tyre kicker category.

However their presence is being whispered again, so who knows. Maybe it is an attempt to get the Indians to hurry up or pay more.

Either way we are no nearer to a solution as far as I can see.

This morning, this excellent piece of investigative journalism by Kamy100 shed new light on the proceedings.

I have spent much of the last two weeks talking to Mr Shah's people, and to be honest I think that I am going around in circles. I have talked to at least four people who are part of his team and each one is talking from a different hymn sheet, each person contradicts the other. To be honest, if these people are talking to Rothschilds on his behalf, then I am not surprised that this process is taking such a long time.

I am led to believe that the biggest sticking point is future investment. The trust are willing to sell but will not sell to anyone who cannot guarantee investment over a number of years. This was one of the safeguards that Jack put in place before he died. The trustees can of course try and remove these safeguards, but that would need every single beneficiary of Jack's will agreeing to the changes and that is not likely to happen.

I am still trying to get this interview for this site. I have told them that I do not want to talk about any takeover, just want to talk about Mr Shah, his background and his viewpoints on football. They are very reluctant to do this. I have asked numerous well connected people in Mumbai about Mr Shah, but none of them had heard of him. They think that he may have some business interests, but no way is he a multi-millionaire. This has led me to believe that he is just the front man for a consortium. Now the key question is who else is involved in the consortium and what kind of financial backing do they have.

There is no doubt that Mr Shah and his group have got further than most of the other previous takeover attempts, but questions still remain: the main ones for supporters should be who are these people and crucially are they the right people for Rovers. I am beginning to have my doubts.

Excellent work by Kamy. Top class, in fact.

Nicko, just a quick question

[...]

Doesn't this fly in the face of what you've previously said about there being nothing in the late Jack Walker's will about the sale of the club. I'm not having a go but I'm sure I recall reading on here that there was nothing in the will about conditions of a sale. This clearly states that there is something there.

John Williams said there is nothing in the 'Jack's will' stuff.

But obviously if the people selling the club just now - the Trustees and Rothschilds - are suspicious of the buyers they would probably ask them how they were going to go about funding it in future.

Some of those connected with power just now are concerned that they sell to the wrong people, Rovers turns into Portsmouth...and the locals come looking for them to find out why they sold to them.

I know this is a real concern as one such figure has been admitting as much behind the scenes as recently as last week.

many thanks for the clarification. I knew I'd read something about there not being anything in the will about it.

At least the trust will not just sell to anyone. I just wish we could get a little financial input from them whilst they are trying to sell. That extra £3m a year now would be very handy indeed!!

I am sure I read somewhere that one of the Walker 'extended family' companies bought a lot of expensive aircraft for their business recently.

Yet they cannot find the cash for as much as a free agent at Rovers.

Cue the Trustee cheerleaders screaming... :lol:

Here it is...really does make you think, doesn't t?

http://news.icm.ac.uk/business/flybe-to-buy-new-aircraft/6887/

In the region of 500 mill, wasn't it?

£5 BILLION...sheesh.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 17:30 yesterday to 17:40 today. Note that nicko was active on the transfer and takeover threads during this period. Please note that a degree of editing has been undertaken for ease of reading only.

Transfer talk

There is a growing word that you are in for John Utaka at Portsmouth...

Obviously will be cheap.

But his wages are big.

Strange one, but these are strange times.

Wonder if we have look at Mido. He is available on a free transfer. He's a good player, but got a bit of bad attitude but that Big Sam type of player. (like Diouf) I would sign him personally.

Mido joined Ajax. His agent is the same agent who looks after Martin Jol.

Fulham may have dodged a bullet too.

How do Nicko. Is there any chance we can get a few players on loan from ManU? ie Anderson. He is one of the players that might miss out on being in the squad due to all these changes and not being allowed to play till at least the new year. I know wages might be a problem like but Anderson would be ideal for us.

I do get the feeling that this loan business is interesting quite a few.

The trouble is that you will have seven or eight clubs with the begging bowl at the same time come the end of August.

There will be favours done, so if Sam keeps sucking up to Sir Alex then it might have a chance.

Only thing with Anderson is that he is injured.

Just as an aside, is there a deadline when the 25 man squad has to be named?

September 1.

Transfer window shuts on the same day.

It's going to make for some bedlam.

There is something going on - although it is probably one of many.

I will do an 11 o'clocker.

But if the guy who first tipped me off and put me on the trail earler wants to post it sooner [not too early!] he should feel free.

It's a bit of a complicated one, but it seems to have legs.

Takeover talk

The Daily Telegraph of Australia has a revealing interview with Big Sam in today's edition ahead of the Rovers game against AEK Athens. He is quoted as saying that it is getting "very close to a decision one way or another" regarding the takeover of the club and, rather surprisingly, that the consortium involved has "had all the information and all the due diligence done that they need to do". Read the interview in full here and the views of Kamy100 and nicko below.

The Daily Telegraph, 27 July 2010

Sydney FC paupers of festival on $4m

(thanks to unleaded for the alert and to Ewood and I Would for the link)

I think that Big Sam is getting confused about what exactly Due Diligence is. The Indian group may have an indication of certain things but formally the due diligence stage has not been reached. Also it depends on the buyers: for example, the Due Diligence when Man City and Chelsea were bought was a mere formality; however, with this consortium, who may not have the deepest of pockets (compared to the Arabs at City), it may be a more involved process.

I believe that the Indians do have enough cash to buy the club. However, the problem is do they have enough cash to sustain the club and provide more resources than we currently have, I have doubts about that. My other big doubt is about the people involved. In my mind Saurin Shah is nothing more than a front man and there are other people involved. Up until last week I thought that the Thai group was involved but they have now switched their attention to Leicester City, god only knows who the other group is. I don't think that Nathaniel is involved any longer, I am guessing he just introduced both parties to each other.

I think at the moment we need to focus on trying to find out the other members of the Indian Consortium and what the intentions of the Trust are at the moment. Obviously they are very keen to sell but I will still maintain that they will want a buyer who can offer medium/long term sustainability. As I said before, there are people involved within the trust who want to carry out Jack's wishes and protect his legacy.

Kamy's info from the Indian camp is very interesting...and actually quite encouraging.

Saurin Shah clearly does not have the money to buy Rovers and take it on. The key is who is behind him. While that is a mystery we are all puzzled and wary. Hopefully Rovers have been told - I suspect they have - or the talks would not be going on.

The Chris Nathaniel factor is interesting. They do seem at pains to be putting some distance between him and them...which tallies with something I heard.

None of this makes a takeover happen, but those two details maybe need to be highlighted.

I think we have to accept there won't be a takeover done in time for instant funds for this window. That will disappoint many who were counting on change and some money. Maybe the Trustees can now release funds and stop using it as an excuse for inactivity.

On a historical note it just hit me this morning that Jack Walker took years to get into a positon where putting big money into the club was [a.] possible and [b.] something he wanted to do.

So a little patience is needed, although that does not mean that the current situation should be the cause of complacency.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 17:40 yesterday to 15:00 today. Note that nicko was active on the transfer thread during this period as per below.

Raul

Our interest in the legend that is Raul has now ended with the news that he has signed for Schalke 04.

Soccernet, 28 July 2010

Raul agrees two-year contract with Schalke

Transfer talk

There is something going on - although it is probably one of many.

I will do an 11 o'clocker.

But if the guy who first tipped me off and put me on the trail earler wants to post it sooner [not too early!] he should feel free.

It's a bit of a complicated one, but it seems to have legs.

Cue frenetic attempts to guess the target ahead of the eleven o'clocker...

Had a few problems with computer today, so I will do an early 11 o'clocker in case it goes again.

The target [today] is Jo at Manchester City.

I understand an approach has been made but his future is really down to what his 'handlers' want to do.

City would let him go, but Kia and Pini will probably have the final say.

If Rovers are willing to take him on, pay his wages and any 'extras' then it could happen.

Can be a good player on his day. Can also be totally duff.

Not a Sam player for me, but maybe the appeal of getting the best out of him would work for the manager.

Got to say - like all other recent targets - that this could come as quickly as it goes.

No more news on Utaka. That started in Portsmouth. May be wishful thinking by them. Maybe not. Good player when he is interested.

I think everyone knows that a signing or two is needed right now.

*And by the way inside rover knows his stuff. I would like to thank the person who tipped me off about Jo, but they may wish to be anonymous. Thanks for the lead. I think it checks out from what I have heard.

Jo on loan or permanently? And if the latter would a fee be required? One of the better players linked

I think you can have him on loan, permanent, rent, time-share...he is available...full stop.

Nicko, have we moved on from Beattie, Benjani, Heskey and Jelavic now? All but Benjani seem to be out of our budget now.

There is also talk down here on the sunny coast about Benjani having talks with Southampton. Also Vassell, another name linked with Rovers (and everyone else), is being offered a chance to join Saints. Maybe that suggests their level these days.

BEATTIE...will always be an option.

BENJANI...think the word is out on his fitness.

HESKEY...who knows...idea came and went...big wages.

JELAVIC...sounds like his club or the player is pushing for a move...the Rangers link makes no sense...interesting.

Right now there are so many possibilities, players leaving, funds being raised. So people can come into view and disappear and then come back again.

It is all a bit fluid.

nicko's article on Jo, published later in the evening:

Mirror Football, 27 July 2010

Blackburn eye cut-price deal for Man City striker

(thanks to chaddyrovers for the link)

I don't think any Brazillian footballer could ever fit into Sam Allardyce's ideal centre forward role.

[...]

He signed Mario Jardel.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Afternoon update #1 of 1

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 15:00 yesterday to 17:00 today. Note that nicko was very active on the transfer thread during this period.

Andranik Teymourian

The Lancashire Telegraph is reporting that Teymourian may be offered a short-term contract subject to a medical.

Lancashire Telegraph, 29 July 2010

Midfielder closing in on Blackburn Rovers deal

(thanks to Bobby G and Parsonblue for the alerts)

Ricardo Faty

Rumours from France suggest that Ricardo Faty may be coming over to the Rovers on trial from next Monday.

Mercato 365, 28 July 2010

R. Faty à l'essai lundi

(thanks to alexanders for the link and also a translation)

Vince Grella

nicko's piece in the Mirror Football reports that Galatasaray are mounting a second bid to take Vince to Turkey.

Mirror Football, 28 July 2010

Blackburn midfielder set to sign for Galatasaray - at the second attempt

(thanks to bats for the link)

Transfer talk

JO...the move will depend on whether it increases the value of the player in the eyes of the people who actually 'own' him...Man City will get rid of a lot of players by the end of the window because they simply won't play...I think BUYING him is the least likely option...a loan favourite...

FATY...if it's a loan or cheap it could be right...especially if Grella is leaving...but he has been offered to a few others...so you would need to see him first surely.

FINANCES...I don't want to steal someone else's story, but there may be developments on that front.

JELAVIC...depend on the above.

BEATTIE...still warm as a possible.

EAVES...scored a hat-trick tonight, somebody may buy him soon...but he is not ready to make a Premier League impact...Bolton were atrocious.

Which players do you think they will be getting rid of?

Man City will get rid of Jo, Bellamy, Ireland, Roque [£8 million price tag still makes me laugh out loud], Michael Johnson plus a few kids like McGivern, Guidetti etc.

Farcical what has gone on there in the past couple of years.

Where was Teymourian playing last season?

Teymourian had ten games on loan at Barnsley last season too.

Neat player, honest lad...but this season's Basturk.

How can you say money is tight and then give him a contract?

are Bellamy, Ireland, Santa Cruz and Johnson all out of reach? That's four players who are on their way out, and who all would fit into our starting eleven perfectly.

Bellamy wants to go to Spurs and play in the Champions League.

Ireland fancies Aston Villa or Sunderland.

Roque is not up to the pace any more and would be better off in a slow European league.

Johnson has one or two wee problems.

Avoid that lot...

I forgot to mention Caicedo [wherever he is these days].

[...Re: nicko's comment on Roque's £8 million price tag...]

Why ? is it because we raped them at £17m or is it because £8m is still too much?

Pillaged would be a better word.

He is just not fit. Nobody is buying him and paying those wages.

Quite a few of those City players will end up as loans, frees and bargains at the dearest.

After they are left out of the Premier League squad they have virtually no value and are just a drain on wages.

Big trouble ahead on that subject for many.

Brief discussion of Bellamy, Roque and Mark Hughes between nicko and other members then followed.

Sorry about this but the help box is giving me error messages and I have forgotten how to post blocks of text from one thread to another. So here is an unconventional update but should cover the ground:

update

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 17:00 29 July to 08.00 today. Note that nicko was very active on the transfer thread during this period.

Rules for the squad list:

The rules are

- Clubs register a squad of up to 25 players, which must include at least eight 'home-grown' players, at the end of each transfer window.

- Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"

- Clubs can supplement squad with unlimited number of players under the age of 21.

- Changes can be made only during transfer windows, although in exceptional circumstances (eg goalkeeping injury crisis) moves could be allowed.

- Players loaned to Football League clubs cannot be replaced, but can regain their spot on return to parent club.

- Rules apply only to Premier League matches, not European, FA Cup or League Cup action.

- First deadline is 1700 BST on 1 September (24 hours after end of August transfer window).

James Beattie- West Brom in the lead to sign him

LT- second bid made for unnamed striker

Tribal- Zurab talking to Russia

Faty coming to Rovers in Italian

Roberto Pulicano on the link: Sits in front of the back 4,high energy and tackles hard.Very tall at 6 foot 5,very good in the air,Obviously a threat at set piece etc.He could certainly do a job,especially if Grella leaves. Roma would be happy with a million if it was upfront.

Deniz Yilmaz linked

LT denies there has been a new move for Grella

The Independent's guess at our targets

Kone goes to Lorient

Sydney Herald- Grella might not be back at Ewood as clubs talk

Sun confirms Faty trial

Nicko contributions:

Grella to Gala is very much back on...it fell down over the payment of the fee last time...that is being worked on...the player is interested in going.

Is there an 11 o'clocker, Nicko? No, but you can have a 7 o'clocker instead.

STRIKERS...there are TWO being chased...and there is NO-ONE close to being signed...

BUDGET...about £4 million to spend [plus sales]...

KALINIC...touch and go for start of the season...

ROBERTS...obviously has to stay in the circumstances...for now anyway...

GRELLA...his people are still pushing the Gala thing...

FATY...could well come on trial...not the best CV...

ASSULIN...tell you about that one in a Saturday night 11 o'clocker...

Nicko, is Coyle after Assulin? Somebody told me, that a premier league club, was willing to offer him a contract without a trial.- No

Meanwhile on the takeover thread we had monkeys eating carrots and Ken Beamish taking a leak in a cemetary:

I was talking with KB at a funeral. I was told it will go through!

Sam has £3m to spend and not £2m. They are hoping to buy a striker that the other club allows us to stagger the payements over a longer time. As a result recent targets have passed by due to their current club not allowing the terms we can pay over.

We are skint, skint, skint!

nicko:

The increased budget figure is correct...that's what happened during the week...

Not sure the takeover is anywhere near though...that is why there is more cash to spend now...

It's just a matter of finding someone to buy.

update

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 08.00 yesterday to 08.00 today. Note that nicko was active answering questions on the transfer thread during this period.

chaddyrovers: Andy Cryer on the L.E.T. website that the striker we have put a bid in for is not Jelavic!!! So who do we think it is? Nicko do you know who ths striker is?

Nicko: The LET seem to be very good at saying who the target is or targets are.

I don't think - based on what I heard yesterday - that anything is near.

chaddyrovers: So we are closing to signing a striker then? do you know who the striker is yet?

Nicko: No, said it last night and will say it again...there is nothing close.

A lot of other moves should start happening elsewhere this week, so you might get something that way.

Buddha: In the post match interview Allardyce denied the rumours that Galatasaray had came back for Grella.

Nicko: Grella thinks so...and so do the people who look after him...

Vintageaddidas who gave us the Ken Beamish stuff wrote:

As already mentioned the extra funds (which i still believe to be around the £3m mark and not £4m) came from the fact that Sam really went off on one. We could have started the season with no manager.

I don't believe it is Nikica Jelavić that we hav bid for (i could be wrong) My source said we are seriously interested in two strikers at the minute. One being someone we know pretty well and the other being bit of an unknown to us. Does not mean he is any less of a player.

Gala do not need to put another bid in for Grella. The bid is in and accepted it is just up to the player to accept terms. That is why when asked they state no bid has been put in because they don't need to.

2 weeks today......

Nicko:

The pretty feeble 11 o'clocker...

ASSULIN...has been invited for a trial at Manchester City...big surprise...big ego obviously...big mistake...

KLASNIC...forgot to answer that name when asked...looking for silly money from Bolton...not worth it in my view...not on Rovers radar...

TARGETS...many being watched...none close.

TRIALISTS...watch out for one or two coming, but this really is getting rather late.

August 1 tomorrow and no signings. Is this a record?

Just be glad there is so much tripe about in the Prem right now. This will be the poorest quality campaign ever.

Thenodrog: Where do you apportion the blame for that Alan? No doubt the weak £ and the recent tax changes have made a significant difference. But are football agents mutilating the Bosman legacy perhaps? Irresponsible / weak kneed club directors possibly? Even more irresponsible bankers allowing huge debts to be run up in the past?

Or all of the above?

Nicko: A shortage of good players, the best young ones now concentrated at the big clubs, the avergae young ones over-paid and without the hunger to make a career of it, crap coaching, a generation of talent-spotters who think you have to be big to be a player, Maggie Thatcher for stopping the free milk in Scottish schools, PlayStation, 24-hour TV stations...

You get the drift?

Meanwhilst on the takeover nicko posted:

The increased budget figure is correct...that's what happened during the week...

Not sure the takeover is anywhere near though...that is why there is more cash to spend now...

It's just a matter of finding someone to buy.

and Topman posted:

Officially rename this thread - Rovers Might Have Been Zzzzzzz...

update

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from 08.00am to whatever time it is today. Note that nicko was active answering questions on the transfer thread during this period.

SAMASSA will be joining French side Arles on loan.

Nicko told us yet another target has slipped through the net.

Someone has posted over on the Teamtalk " Rumour room " that we are after Everton's Yakubu !!!!! ....... I wonder if he's the striker we've now put 2 bids in for & the well known one Vintage Adidas mentioned ?????

YAKUBU?...Everton have already turned down £7 million from West Ham...and I don't think he would run about enough/at all to fit into the manager's style...

Nicko was asked about our no show trialist

Man City are taking him on trial tomorrow for an unspecified period. If he is fit he could sign - and possibly be loaned out. If he is not they have wasted a plane fare.

Very odd altogether.

Ozzie asked Fife out on a date?

The more I learn of you Fife the more I want to go out for a pint with you!

Fife is yet to respond.

Nicko, are we still interest in Marcus Pedersen and Jelavic? do you know who this mystery striker we have had a bid rejected for and put another bid in for him?

There are several strikers being looked at...the search is on for TWO...and I am not sure I believe there is a mystery striker who has been bid for from what I hear...all a bit too convenient.

Cont:

Nicko, may one of the strikers being watched Deniz Yilmaz from Bayern Munich?

Is he actually playing for anyone? Serious question.

Bayern Munich reserves. Blackpool been linked with him.

Press reports have valued him between 7.5M and 750K, I'd favour the second given his complete lack of first team app's.

update 1 of 3 or 4

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from Aug 1, 10pm - Aug 2, 1:15pm Note that nicko was active answering questions on the transfer thread during this period.

The total apology for an 11 o'clocker...

I'm not even writing this, but I have heard once again from TWO sources tonight that Grella to Galatasaray WILL happen and very shortly.

This should all become clearer as the week unfolds.

I believe someone else has news on a striker [previously mentioned]...please post what you PM'd me.

We waiting in suspense for someone to fill us in....

Joe could be the striker.................Spainish club Real Sociedad were very close

to getting him but they have just signed another player(Raúl Tamudo) after hearing about

Blackburn..............

Sorces close to the Spainish club beleive "Blackburn are very close to finalizing negotiations Man City" hence they dropped out................

Yes. Unleaded ahead of the game as usual.

There is definitely something going with Rovers and Jo. Whether he is first choice, second choice or an interesting option is yet to be confirmed.

However Man City want rid and his agents want him to find a better home.

It has a good chance as long as no-one bigger comes in.

------------------------------

Then, a little excitement hit the board...

There is something odd going on.

Hearing lots of reports of an imminent press conference, although the reports cannot seem to agree on what the news is....

a quote from skysports that we have made an improved offer for a striker http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6291527,00.html

Nicko stepped in with a quick refresher...

HESKEY...came up as an idea and went away just as quick a couple of weeks back...I heard it, others round here heard it...but nothing came off.

JO...Man City back from USA, if they can sign strikers he will clearly go...but there are owneership and third-party issues that need to be resolved...got a chance.

CROUCH...big money, big wages...wanted a year ago and many times in the past by Sam...but way too expensive.

and the speculation continued.

My guess is Daniel Sturridge of Chelsea.

If Rovers had looked at that one and found out his wages I would actually pay to see John Williams's face when he discovered what the lad is on...scary.

update 2 of 4

Transfer digest from the Summer Transfer Topic thread covering the period from Aug 2, 1:15pm - Aug 2, 3:40pm Note that nicko was active answering questions on the transfer thread during this period.

-------------------

RevidgeBlue and Nicko share some real talk...

nicko, how serious do you think we actually are about signing someone?

Do you believe we actually have had two serious undisclosed bids rejected for this mystery target or is it possible it's a story put out to make it appear as though we are doing something?

If we were deadly serious about signing a striker, given it's only one player, we'd have done it by now wouldn't we?

I think you have been serious about signing at least one striker for the past few days - increased since the manager had a tantrum and some funds were made available.

The 'mystery striker' thing is a bit odd and could cover a multitude of possibilities and not just one.

I know for sure that - as of the weekend - there were frantic efforts being made to find two strikers. So I don't think anyone at the club is counting on even one being a done deal at this stage.

That can obviously change once all of the factors fall into place.

And vintageadidas leaves us a cliffhanger...

Yes, i heard something was being planned for Wednesday too. I don't want to say what i heard as people will just shoot it down!

---------------

In terms of the anticipated press conference that may or may not have been happening..

:lol:

Is there isn't there going to be a Press conference? This has me on the edge of my seat!

What does Andy Cryer reckon on Twitter?

BREAKING NEWS:

My sources indicate that there will be a Press Conference held at Ewood tomorrow.

At which it will be announced there is no Press Conference scheduled for Wednesday.

Nicko updates the Tevez news, which normally I wouldn't care about but it could blow the window open...

nicko is tevz likely to leave city or is it 'spurious nonsense'

Tevez wants out.

There is a deal teed up with Real. Bobby G knows a great deal on that topic ;)

He is already starting to make noises and did not show up for the last few days of the US tour as he was meant to - Roque managed it, didn't he and so did Joe Hart.

Man City know about it too and have been trying to sign a top-class striker for a month.

The whole transfer market could explode if some of the central players get their act together.

Example of explosion...

It's like buying houses at the moment - chains forming everywhere.

For example...

Torres goes - Liverpool sign one or two replacements - Man City sell one or two [bellamy, Tevez] if they get him - Chelsea maybe sell one if they get him - Man U sell Berbatov if they get him to balance the books slightly.

Milner goes to Man City - Villa get a midfielder or two - and the club they buy from goes and spends the dough.

Spurs and Stoke are desperate to do deals but are hitting brick walls.

Alan - did you just suggest that Torres to Man United might be a possibility???

Christ.

Man U are hovering...Fergie is the shrewdest of the shrewd.

Archived