BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where'S Smithy ?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a message off him yesterday,he is still allowed to read the threads but he said he is no longer allowed to post.Did seem quite remorseful about the whole thing actually.

Indeed. The workings of board moderation are less accessible than state secrets and frequently mystifying.

Aren't their email addresses held on here from when they registered ?

Get some of the old posters back I say.

Why would they come back? aesf got a lot of unfair and unecessesary stick from certain quarters and he received little protection. Blue Phil similar.

Why would they come back? aesf got a lot of unfair and unecessesary stick from certain quarters and he received little protection. Blue Phil similar.

Agreed Gordon, selective moderating spurred by the hard of thinking.

It's, only, a, message, board.

Has Anti Euro Smiths Fan left these message board shores ?

The election is over and Smithy (having lost his deposit, Fffnarrrrr) has just come on the "Gay Men" thread. Having resurrected it from three years ago.

Complete admiration is required.

It was me that resurrected it (Smithy uses the same avatar as me).

Yep, Mellison is still band and yep, he's pretty remorseful. The working are that complicated. Mods can't ban people, only recommend them for banning. It's me and Ste that do the banning. When we do we make a call on how long. All I can say is that Mellison (and I think shillito) REALLY annoyed Ste because repeated warnings saw no change in their behaviour. Vinjay is another one whose ban wasnt just a week or two.

I rem I copped for a full close season ban once. Missed the chance to comment on a very popular thread too. ^_^ All because I suggested that a big fire in Blackburn on the site of the old Kenyons bakery off Leamington road might have an ulterior motive behind it. I still find it odd and somewhat ironic that a building that had been a bakery for decades caught fire quite so easily. Obviously I must have been wrong cos there was very little in the press about it afterwards.

btw As a reminder if any of our younger or newer members cannot remember exactly where the old Kenyons bakery was situated you can't miss it. It was just behind the recently closed Fox and Grapes pub and just off Leamington Road where the impressively big new mosque with two crescent topped minarets and surrounding housing development now stands.

I rem I copped for a full close season ban once. Missed the chance to comment on a very popular thread too. ^_^ All because I suggested that a big fire in Blackburn on the site of the old Kenyons bakery off Leamington road might have an ulterior motive behind it. I still find it odd and somewhat ironic that a building that had been a bakery for decades caught fire quite so easily. Obviously I must have been wrong cos there was very little in the press about it afterwards.

btw As a reminder if any of our younger or newer members cannot remember exactly where the old Kenyons bakery was situated you can't miss it. It was just behind the recently closed Fox and Grapes pub and just off Leamington Road where the impressively big new mosque with two crescent topped minarets and surrounding housing development now stands.

:lol:

Vintage Gord :tu:

It was me that resurrected it (Smithy uses the same avatar as me).

Sorry, please accept my apology for the confusion. I often get to the top of the stairs and think to myself "What the hell have I come here for?"

For the sake of the widow's son - Cheeky Sidders

I'm still around and look in now and then. Been a busy boy lately but hopefully got more time when my latest course of study (and the last!) ends soon. education is rubbish.

I'll prod Nuclearsox and tell him to spout some of his old nonsense.

Just so long as you don't go back downstairs, and then think: "What have I come down here for?" and then go back upstairs ...
Shouldn't this post be on the drugs thread Colin?

It's known as a "senior moment," much loved by Wogan.

It'll get to everyone eventually. I've got my personal finances slap-bang up to date and accurate to the last penny. But there are times when I open the fridge door and wonder what I'm looking for.

You'll get there. Enjoy it when it happens.

Archived