BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2011

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

EA are going to give details of this game on Wednesday.

I have been helping the premier league data editor with Rovers. Between us we firstly edited the player data so they more accurately reflect the abilities (ie Roberts is strong but his finishing is poor), players like N'Zonzi, Olson and Jones are now much more accurately represented. We have also added some younger players such as Hanley and Linzagi(sp).

After editing the players, moved onto the formation, the default formation will be the formation we played at the end of last season, with 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, 1 attacking midfielder and one striker, if Sam changes this at the start of next season then we will look at this again. We also looked at the individual roles, so for example in the formation there is a position for a DM, we adjusted this to reflect what Sam asks the likes of N'Zonzi to do, you will also see that when you play N'Zonzi and have a goalkick (and you don't take it quickly) that he moves up the field so that he can flick it on/

We then moved onto the style of play. we have adjusted this a HUGE amount. Everything from Defensive Line, tackling, positioning, passing etc. have been adjusted to reflect how Rovers play under Sam.

I have agreed with the Premier League Data editor to review Rovers once the season starts.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

The only thing that FIFA 2011 will use from the World Cup game is the Penalty taking system. The World Cup game. although an EA game was made by a different EA team, they started work on it well before FIFA 10 was released, they used the FIFA 09 engine and enhanced that.

Although I'm struggling like hell to consistently take a good penalty on the World Cup game I really like the engine. There's a real satisfaction to chipping and dummying because of the increased skill needed, and I love how diving the right way is no guarantee of stopping the ball - meaning the control is really with the striker. A top class penalty should never be saved, even if the keeper guesses right.

With other games, pressing a direction and then hoping it hits the target is so unsatisfying. And seeing keepers retrieve the ball from the top corner is just plain unrealistic.

I have been helping the premier league data editor with Rovers. Between us we firstly edited the player data so they more accurately reflect the abilities (ie Roberts is strong but his finishing is poor), players like N'Zonzi, Olson and Jones are now much more accurately represented. We have also added some younger players such as Hanley and Linzagi(sp).

Cool, how did you get to be doing that then?

• 2 months later...

All i want from Fifa 11 is that my manager mode doesn't die after about three seasons. 1 of my manager modes dies just after kick off... and the other says im billions of pounds in debt, and one of my players form is like -102993892.... MENTAL. Deffinately looking forward to Fifa 11 though. Out just as i get back to uni... YES.

Need massive practice on those penalties though :P

Guest Kamy100

I am going to test this on Thursday, have been invited to a preview event.

There is now no Manager Mode. It was so bug ridden last year that EA have decided to scrap it and start a fresh. Be a Pro and Manager Mode have been replaced by Career Mode. You have three options when you start you can be just a player, player/manager (you start as a player and progress to a manager) or just the manager. EA have listened to feedback, below is a video of the new career mode:

The demo for FIFA 11 is out on 16th September.

Guest Kamy100

Lucky to be involved on providing stats etc for some games, so get to play games early, also a friend of mine works for Eurogamer!

However the FIFA 11 playtest was advertised on their community site, applied and was successful!

I just hope their are some big improvements.

More still needs doing around the 5 star team wannabes & quitters. Also perhaps a search by connection quality (is it called latency?)

Hopefully some of Rovers players have been given a boost too....especially the likes of Kalinic, Jones, NZonzi & Olsson.

Guest Kamy100

I just hope their are some big improvements.

More still needs doing around the 5 star team wannabes & quitters. Also perhaps a search by connection quality (is it called latency?)

Hopefully some of Rovers players have been given a boost too....especially the likes of Kalinic, Jones, NZonzi & Olsson.

I helped to review the data for Rovers. I gave them detailed breakdown on Rovers players, so players like Jones, Olson, Nicko and N'Zonzi will be improved, whereas the likes of Roberts and Grella who were overrated in FIFA 10 will have been adjusted downwards. The default formation and tactics will also be more realistic in terms of the shape of the team and the way the team plays.

I know most of the talk are next gen consoles, but imp very eager to know if the commentary issues has been sorted out for PSP… I played PES 09 and there was no commentary, so eager to know if FIFA 11 has full commentary for PSP?

Thanks

I am going to test this on Thursday, have been invited to a preview event.

There is now no Manager Mode. It was so bug ridden last year that EA have decided to scrap it and start a fresh. Be a Pro and Manager Mode have been replaced by Career Mode. You have three options when you start you can be just a player, player/manager (you start as a player and progress to a manager) or just the manager. EA have listened to feedback, below is a video of the new career mode:

The demo for FIFA 11 is out on 16th September.

That's excellent news. Thanks for the updates. Let us know how your preview session goes!

Guest Kamy100

Spent time playing FIFA 11 at the gamerbase Manchester event today.

The version that we played is going to be the demo that is going to be released on 16th September.

Passing

I tried passing on assisted and manual and I am afraid to say that I cannot see the new passing system. It seems very similar to FIFA 10, I was able to ping passes about all over the place and very rarely if ever misplaced a pass. This is disappointing be because it was a problem in the previous version.

Shooting

Have to say that I am impressed by the shooting in this game. It felt very realistic and I did different types of shots (low and high). Also was able to score a variety of goals, one particular one from outside the area with Gomis volleying a clearance first time was particularly satisfying.

Graphics/Animations

We played the PS3 version and graphically it looks very good, some of the player faces were stunning. The kits also very good. Generally the graphics are a step up from last year.

Also like the new in game graphics, love the way stats flash up every so often. It all adds to the realism.

In terms of animations the FIFA 11 is superb. Saw lots of new animations, little ones that add to the realism, also the way that they link together again is excellent.

Physicality Engine/personality plus

For me the game still rewards powerful players far to much. No matter what I did with skillful players like Messi or Villa they were brushed off the ball far to easily, this was a major problem in the last game and it has not been addressed. Linked to this is the pressure play still exists in this game, so if someone wants to hold X and run around they will be effective just like in FIFA 10. For me this will ruin online, because these players are not penalised, it did notice stamina go down but even in the last 10 minutes they were able to continuously pressure.

Conclusion

I think that from this playtest FIFA 11 is an improvement on the previous game, if you loved FIFA 10 then you will adore this. However the three gripes I had about FIFA 10 (ping pong passing, game being over physical and pressure play) still exist. I will still buy the game if the career mode is not bug ridden like last year's manager mode.

You can see EA have improved so many little things but going off the demo I would say for me this is FIFA 10.8 rather than FIFA 11. I will say again though that I didn't particularly like FIFA 10 because of the issues highlighted above, but if you did like FIFA 10 then I am sure that you will be pleased by this game.

I enjoyed FIFA 10 and FIFA World Cup but was kinda hoping the above 3 issues would have been improved which is slightly disappointing to hear. I'm not sure whether I will bother buying it at full price so might end up waiting a while for this game.

What are the freekicks like? I cannot score from them at the moment so was hoping they'd go back to FIFA International Soccer freekick system with the giant arrow which allows you to put the ball where you actually want it to go :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived